Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Radioshack didnt get many at all. 2-3 per store IIRC.
    Radioshack on 72nd and West End had 2 on launch but asst mgr (Eunice) made an effort to call and get more from surrounding stores. Apparently 125th street had the most and 57th street had some also on launch (not sure of cross streets). Eunice thought they would get more this week.
    145th had a good number apparently. I was chatting with a guy on launch day who was trying to pick up a half dozen Pre's and I know he had some luck up there.
    I went to a store on kings highway in Brooklyn. They said they could have the phone shipped to my house within 3-5 business day. Not sure how thats possible as no one has this phone! So I ordered it. NOw I just have to sit and wait 3-5 days. The phone came out to $340 thats after tax and activation. I thought the phone was $199. Am I missin sumthin?
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I went to a store on kings highway in Brooklyn. They said they could have the phone shipped to my house within 3-5 business day. Not sure how thats possible as no one has this phone! So I ordered it. NOw I just have to sit and wait 3-5 days. The phone came out to $340 thats after tax and activation. I thought the phone was $199. Am I missin sumthin?

299 out the door, you should get a rebate card in the package.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    299 out the door, you should get a rebate card in the package.
    The guy didnt tell me that. That would make sense then. How come when I went into the sprint store in midtown they didnt offer me to have the phone shipped to me but this sprint store in brooklyn can?
    The guy didnt tell me that. That would make sense then. How come when I went into the sprint store in midtown they didnt offer me to have the phone shipped to me but this sprint store in brooklyn can?

was the brooklyn store a sprint corporate store? thats the only thing i could think of.
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    was the brooklyn store a sprint corporate store? thats the only thing i could think of.
    How can you tell if its a corporate store?
    the only way i know is to ask them.
    Felipe
    I'll be in NYC this weekend, and while I'm shopping I was thinking of picking up some accessories for my Pre. I'm not completely sold on the case I have, and I need a second charger (since the Touchstone doesn't come with another cable ). Any recommendations of stores that have a good selection of accessories in stock? I'm staying in the Theatre District, so closer to there is better. Obviously I can do a search of Sprint stores in the area, but I've lurked a bit in this thread and see that people have shared both good and bad experiences with specific stores. I'd appreciate your suggestions. Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I think any store that is a "Sprint Store" (not a direct retailer or repair store, just Sprint Store) is a corporate store. I think "Corporate" just means its a branch of the actual Sprint Corporation, not a 3rd party retailer.

I was at the Sprint Store in Bay Ridge on 86th st yesterday returning an accessory, and I heard a lady on the phone with a customer say their store was sold out of Pres. She also said every Sprint store in NY was sold out of Pres. She then told a customer at the store that the touchstone itself charges when you plug it in, then you can unplug it and carry it around with you and charge your phone on it (without having it plugged in). Then the rep next to me sold a Pre.
    Finally getting mine this coming friday!! June 26th - From the Port Washington Store (long Island). Working with Carlos - Nice guy 516-883-4200
    Address: 1011 Port Washington Blvd. NY 11050

DO NOT BUY from 395 Jay Street Brooklyn.
    I called them, asked if they had the phone. They said 'yes'. asked them 2 more times before i got of the phone if they had the phone there. I got the 'yeah, yeah'. Made a special trip there, met Mike the manager, who, after going into my account and getting all my details, told me he would order it for me. Long story shorrt, they lie to me to get me there so they could get my order. I told them to go screw them selves.

No waiting List @
    722 Broadway NY, NY 10003
    212-475-7800 Contact: Juan
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I know that this isn't in NYC, but a Sprint store in CT in Trumbull had quite a few in stock, and seem to have regular shipments. I'll see if I can find a number/address.

I was aware of this when I was driving back to NYC from Hartford.
    NYC and the five boroughs? Anyway some of you if you have cars, or heck take the train go into Westchester (where I got mine on release day) no lines maybe 4 people in total showed up and was just a great experience!

As for new stock arrival i did at one point about 2 weeks ago talk with that same store manager about getting a possible replacement (well until my free airave showed up) and he said he would call me when they got more in, well no calls as of yet, but thankfully i wont need that replacement anymore!

Anyway I have literally like 4 major Sprint stores within 2 miles of me, if you do the Sprint store locator type in zip 10710 and look for the stores on Central Park Ave, heck there are even 2 BB's and a gazillion Radioshacks as well ....shouldn't be more than a 20 or so min drive from NYC ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

just go to the sprint store in brooklyn on avenue U and east 19

i was 4th on-line on june 6th and was there at 8
    got mine from a friend June 16th
    Flatbush avenue (1572?) just got 80 in stock! Just passed them by, posted from my palm pre
    Got mine from the LI Port wash store as i mentioned above (Address: 1011 Port Washington Blvd. NY 11050). NIce people. However - THEY TOTALY SCREWED MY SETUP. T

hey put my Fiance's phone number on the Pre instead of mine. (she was not with me) Took about an hour to fix, but it was at the worst possible time (We had a number of persoanl events happening at that exact time). The guys felt terrbile and worked very hard to fix it immediatley. Still, another Sprint custome rservice screw up.

OVer all, the contact there was very nice (Carlos) and they have phones in stock. The cavet, don;t leave that store until everything is double checked (including the phone number)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345