Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    i called 86th and they said at 10 they will open. 42nd street told me to 8am and expect a line. Bestbuy on 86th street has 30 pres in the back thats what i was told. no one really goes to 86th street sprint store so i think it will be dead.
    I stopped by there about 30 minutes ago and they confirmed 10am and to line up at the Lexington ave door. Unfortunately they also told me they would have less then 10 on hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSix View Post
    I really hope I can get one tomorrow my Treo 680 is dying on me lolz.

But I also hope sprint service is good in my area of Brooklyn.
    unless you are in E New York or the west part of Bushwick it is pretty good in Brooklyn. And even those areas are decent, just not so good indoors.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I get the 30 days trial.... im crossing my finger when I get home it will have a strong signal. The service is the only thing that might keep me from getting the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I stopped by there about 30 minutes ago and they confirmed 10am and to line up at the Lexington ave door. Unfortunately they also told me they would have less then 10 on hand.
    best buy or sprint?
    I called sprint just now and was told that all corporate stores will open at 8.
    its bs because i called 5 stores and they all said 10.
    Last edited by Young HoV 718; 06/05/2009 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    best buy or sprint?
    The 86th st Best Buy, sorry I was unclear. I was in a hurry!
    The 86th st Best Buy, sorry I was unclear. I was in a hurry!
    Bryan, did you check in at the 86th street sprint store also? Were they having a Premier party (that rots me if they did)? I think you mentioned you live across the street - still going there? They stated 10am opening...
    As per Sprint corporate it is going to be 8am everywhere.

I dont plan to go there. I will be at BB first, if im not in the front of the line there Sprint will be my backup. I didnt notice and red carpet and ropes out side of it, but I didnt walk right past on the way home. I was on the other side of the street.
    As per Sprint corporate it is going to be 8am everywhere.

I dont plan to go there. I will be at BB first, if im not in the front of the line there Sprint will be my backup. I didnt notice and red carpet and ropes out side of it, but I didnt walk right past on the way home. I was on the other side of the street.
    I know you said you live close - what time do you plan on going? If you really think the Corporate store is opening at 8am rather than 10am, then I was planning on getting there around 8....
    Im going to be a bit earlier then that. Im planning to be in the front of the line at BB to make sure I get one. Sprint will be my backup depending on how that goes. Shoot for 30-45 min early and I am sure you will be fine at Sprint.
    @530am

1 in line at the 86th st Sprint store
    1 (me) in line at the 86th st Best Buy

It is mild and supprisingly nice out! Broken hydrants spewing water at 85 and 2nd. Already called 311 on it. I feel productive already!
    Posting from mt bb.

At 7:20 am I joined the line at the sprint store on broadway and maiden.

I was #11.

A guy behind me saif he was here last night and they told him they only have 20.

At 8am there are a lot more than 20. I hope he was wrong.

And how, a sprint employee came out to hand out some paper work so we could give him my accout info for the synergy stuff.

I only gave him my gmail stuff.

He said it will take about 4 hours to port.

They are open now and servicing 6 at a time.

Wonder how long this will take. The sprint guy was evasive on that.
    Posting from my new Pre while it downloads 1.0.2

Went to the 86th St. Store in Brooklyn, not Manhattan. They were taking names and the number you wanted outside. I got there 25 minutes early and was the 11th person getting the 14th Pre. 10 minutes to opening there were maybe 20 people in line. We got let in en masse but they were counting you off as you entered. When I left almost an hour later there were 10 more people waiting to get in.

Well, 1.0.2 just finished. Off to install it and play with my new toy. Still getting used to this keyboard coming from my 650. It's very flat.
    Well just got through the experience at the 86th St. store here in Manhattan. I have to say, they were very nice today and are clearly making an effort.

To recap: I got there at 7:45am and there were about 20 people in line. They opened the doors promptly at 8am and let everyone up to me inside (thank g-d....would have been antsy waiting outside the glass). From there, it was a 30 minute wait to get to a counter, and then a reasonable discussion, payment and transfer of phone number to get the beauty in my hands.

All in all a painless experience. We'll see how I like the phone now. Just updated to webOS 1.0.2 (make sure you all do this!).
    Posting from mt bb.

At 7:20 am I joined the line at the sprint store on broadway and maiden.

I was #11.

A guy behind me saif he was here last night and they told him they only have 20.

At 8am there are a lot more than 20. I hope he was wrong.

And how, a sprint employee came out to hand out some paper work so we could give him my accout info for the synergy stuff.

I only gave him my gmail stuff.

He said it will take about 4 hours to port.

They are open now and servicing 6 at a time.

Wonder how long this will take. The sprint guy was evasive on that.
    I wonder why that posted twice?

Anyhow, on my pre charching it as I type while on amrrak to dc. Haha.

By the end of the trip my pre might have the distance record, if only briefly.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Things were a breeze at the Sprint store on Richmond ave in Staten Island. I dont even think i was in the store for 10 minutes.
    i was at the 86th street store at 7 i was 8th in line.
    I just came back from the sprint store on 48th and 5th in midtown. They dont have any. I was put on the second page of a waiting list They dont know when they will get more.
    I called basically every Radioshack from Battery Park to 42nd St. None have any in stock.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast