Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Aussie , go to the NJ thread and let people know what area of NJ you will be in, somone will give ya the closest Sprint store etc.
    I think I am just gonna end up at the 86th st store. My indignation is weaker then my lazyness.

The Manhattan dealers I have talked to seem to be selling for the same price Sprint is, so why not go where there will be more stock...
    if ppl can, they should post what store they are at, and how long the line is.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I think I am just gonna end up at the 86th st store. My indignation is weaker then my lazyness.

The Manhattan dealers I have talked to seem to be selling for the same price Sprint is, so why not go where there will be more stock...
    What time do they say they're opening? When I spoke to them the other day it had changed back to 10am, but I don't know what to believe anymore especially given this store has the worst group of employees in the country.
    Last edited by bronxbomber; 06/04/2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: revise
    I am assuming 8am. I think Sprint will attempt to be uniform across the country.
    I would double check with most stores, some now are claiming they don't even know now if they will have any for Sat ... also 10am in my neck of the woods ...
    i called 86th and they said at 10 they will open. 42nd street told me to 8am and expect a line. Bestbuy on 86th street has 30 pres in the back thats what i was told. no one really goes to 86th street sprint store so i think it will be dead.
    the store i'm going to only has 2 phones in stock, i was lucky enough to get to hold one for a very short while. unfortunately, i wasn't allowed to turn it on but i must say that this thing is gorgeous. it is actually way smaller than i expected. it felt perfect in my hand. IMO the keyboard is a mix between my treo700 and the treo pro. spacing between the keys shouldn't be a problem for people that are upgrading from treos and centros but it will still take some getting used to. im not crazy about the fact that it's a sunken keyboard and i did notice the sharpness, that BGR mentioned, around the edges when the phone is slid open. the phone feels very solid, IMO more solid the the G1. i wanted to take it home with me right then and there. it's so beautiful! this phone is sure to turn heads when you pull it out of your pocket, overall......

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS PHONE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    i called 86th and they said at 10 they will open. 42nd street told me to 8am and expect a line. Bestbuy on 86th street has 30 pres in the back thats what i was told. no one really goes to 86th street sprint store so i think it will be dead.
    Maybe I will go to Best Buy 86th st then. Are you going there?
    Maybe I will go to Best Buy 86th st then. Are you going there?
    Yea first im going to the sprint store because im not eligible for a upgrade so ill be spending 549.99, but now my girlfriend
    wants a pre but shes eligible so bestbuy is were we will go. I honestly believe that 86th street store will be dead. Ill be there at 8:30.
    Hey New Yorkers..I might be able to get one of you into the party at Ave of the Americas. PM me your name and email and I will see what I can do.

You MUST be a sprint premier customer.
    Yeah, Im just worried that BB will be mobbed. I wasnt going to go there at all since I assumed they would only have a few Pres. But if they have 30 thats a good number.

I will stop by there later and see if they confirm the same number to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
    Hey New Yorkers..I might be able to get one of you into the party at Ave of the Americas. PM me your name and email and I will see what I can do.

You MUST be a sprint premier customer.
    Sprint has no love for new customers!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I've been lurking around here for a week. Hopefull I can get one tomorrow.

I work by the Sprint store across from Bryant Park I saw some NYPD barricades not at the store but near Starbucks I wonder if those are for the Sprint store. hmmm.....
    I am assuming 8am. I think Sprint will attempt to be uniform across the country.
    Called the store again today, got some ***** who seemed to know nothing. He claimed they were opening at 10am ("regular business hours")

Honestly, this might be the worst Sprint store in the country. How it is in such a prime location with such bad employees is beyond me....Dan Hesse, if you read these forums, PLEASE WALK INTO THIS STORE AND SEE THE TYPE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT THEY PROVIDE!!!!! (and you will understand the bad rap that Sprint gets).
    Oh yeah. It is the only Sprint store from midtown east all the way up to harlem and it is always completely empty. It is dingy dark and out of date inside, never has less then 6-8 employees sitting around and you still cant get help there. I have had decent experiences across the street at the service center (got my data card swapped out) but the store is just an absolute mess.

When you compare it to the VZW store next door or the AT&T and T-Mo stores down the street the difference is striking.
    Does anybody know what's the biggest Sprint store in manhattan, if there is such a thing?
    The one at 6th ave and 8th st is pretty big
    Last edited by bryanharig; 06/05/2009 at 12:26 PM.
    Yes that store is huge. I think we should all be good tommrow we live in big city there is know way you or me should come back to the forums with out a pre.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I really hope I can get one tomorrow my Treo 680 is dying on me lolz.

But I also hope sprint service is good in my area of Brooklyn.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast