Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 98
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    I'll be visiting my parents on Staten Island this weekend. As far as I know, the corporate store on Richmond Ave., isn't opening early; it is opening at the usual time of 10am. I'm going to call them again later in the week to see if this still the case. I figure all the NYC stores should be getting good stock levels so I might try my hand at Bestbuy first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    the kiosk in the SI mall told me Sunday that they have a list of over 80 people waiting for it....
    lmfao whoa didn't expect to see this. Yeah, the store on Richmond told me they're opening at 10, but hopefully they change their mind on Friday when I call, the earlier the better.

    I would go to Best Buy except that I'm not extending my contract and they inflated the price, so I'll be heading to the Corp store on Richmond. See whoever ends up there too on Saturday. Good luck.
  2. #22  
    on june 6th i'll be walking into a radioshack in the late afternoon where i'll have a pre waiting for me courtesy of my girlfriend.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    The people at the 86th st store are such unbelievable *****s. I almost want to buy somewhere else, but not really. Since if I buy from one of them I can tank their customer satisfaction scores by giving them bad marks in Sprint's follow up survey. And it is 5 min from my apartment!
    Totally agree - this store has by far the biggest @#$@#$ working there. I have been a few times and have found it to be an unpleasant experience every single time. Would love to give the business elsewhere, but like you this store is closest to where I live. But I'm toying with the idea of ranging far away to avoid them for this reason as well as the likelihood that this store is going to draw a BIG crowd.

    What do you think - how early to show up here? (don't worry - I won't steal your Pre
  4. #24  
    you know if i walk into a print store that is selling them, and they tell me you need to have an email. i might lose it.

    i guess i should find out about sprint store in dc.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomber View Post
    Totally agree - this store has by far the biggest @#$@#$ working there. I have been a few times and have found it to be an unpleasant experience every single time. Would love to give the business elsewhere, but like you this store is closest to where I live. But I'm toying with the idea of ranging far away to avoid them for this reason as well as the likelihood that this store is going to draw a BIG crowd.

    What do you think - how early to show up here? (don't worry - I won't steal your Pre
    I was going to walk over at 530-6, if there is a line get in it. If there isnt, go back to bed until 745 or so!

    Might end up at a midtown store though.
  6. #26  
    Glad to see some Island/former Island people here. I live 10 mins from the Mall and Bestbuy. Hopefully I will see you guys there...I might be there a half hour before opening at the corporate store. I'll be wearing my Palm sweatshirt so keep an eye out for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    lmfao whoa didn't expect to see this. Yeah, the store on Richmond told me they're opening at 10, but hopefully they change their mind on Friday when I call, the earlier the better.

    I would go to Best Buy except that I'm not extending my contract and they inflated the price, so I'll be heading to the Corp store on Richmond. See whoever ends up there too on Saturday. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    I'll be visiting my parents on Staten Island this weekend. As far as I know, the corporate store on Richmond Ave., isn't opening early; it is opening at the usual time of 10am. I'm going to call them again later in the week to see if this still the case. I figure all the NYC stores should be getting good stock levels so I might try my hand at Bestbuy first.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I moved onto Staten Island from Manhattan (Knickerbocker Village) before the Mall was built. Actually there was barley any houses on SI back then. they never intended the Island to have so many people. Hylan Blvd is the only main road for all those people. When I was 15 it used to take 4 minute drive from my house to the SI Mall. Now it takes 45 minutes. Parents still live there. I visit a few times a year. Soon as I got married I ran to Jersey.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I believe the sprint store downtown manhattan is having the friday Party . but invite only. I did not get one.
    The one near WTC/Century 21? Every time I go in there, including today, they say you have to wait until Saturday. But I think they did say 8am on Sat...

    I'm still hoping for some sort of email/Sprint Premier invite for Friday, but doubt it is happening.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  8.    #28  
    anybody ask any times for these stores?
  9. #29  
    Every store I asked ( 5 NJ and 2 NY ) say 10 AM
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    You and me both. The Sprint Corporate store is right down Richmond Ave. from the Staten Island Mall, which is in New Springville. Best Buy is in the adjacent shopping plaza next to the mall, while Best Buy mobile is in the mall itself.
    There is a Radio Shack right there too i think, so you have 3 chances to get it...
  11. mecca's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #31  
    Dont go to 116th street. The lady told me they will not sell the Pre until 6pm on Saturday. I asked why and she said "If you want the phone you have to wait until 6pm on Saturday"...click.....
  12. #32  
    I just called Sprint store on Richmond Ave and spoke with a tech and sales guy and said they are opening at 8 am. They don't know stock # until Sat.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    I just called Sprint store on Richmond Ave and spoke with a tech and sales guy and said they are opening at 8 am. They don't know stock # until Sat.
    Oh really? Great. They had said 10am initially but I guess they got the memo. Thanks for the info, I'll call them Friday to make sure.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    Dont go to 116th street. The lady told me they will not sell the Pre until 6pm on Saturday. I asked why and she said "If you want the phone you have to wait until 6pm on Saturday"...click.....
    You mean the Sprint Store at 116th and 3rd Ave?
  15. NVNJ's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #35  
    I'm in Brooklyn. Greenpoint to be exact. I left a deposit last week and they will have a PRE for me on Saturday morning This is an indirect Sprint store btw.

    Richie
  16. sheltem's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Oh really? Great. They had said 10am initially but I guess they got the memo. Thanks for the info, I'll call them Friday to make sure.
    I can second the 8 am opening. My father was at the Sprint Store looking at the Instinct and the manager said they are now opening at 8 am. I called yesterday the girl told me they should know how many units they have by Friday. I'll give them another call before I drive down.
  17. sheltem's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    Glad to see some Island/former Island people here. I live 10 mins from the Mall and Bestbuy. Hopefully I will see you guys there...I might be there a half hour before opening at the corporate store. I'll be wearing my Palm sweatshirt so keep an eye out for me.
    Nice! I'll keep an eye out for you. With all the islanders/former islanders on the forums, I think the mods should open up an "Official Staten Island" thread
  18. #38  
    If anyone is hitting the BestBuy on Richmond, try dealing with Sean. He is cool and can help you out if possible.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
  19. #39  
    arrrgghgjhhhh ... Going away friday to vermont .. no idea what i;m gonna do.

    In the mean time, I'm down town during the day, in Great Neck in the evening. If any one needs me to stop by a store and ask what they are doing let me know.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  20. #40  
    Yeah, 86th Street is horrible...I'm actually glad that I'm going to be in NJ on Friday & Saturday, so I will be forced to avoid my local store and seek the Pre in the wilds of NJ.

    I stopped by 86th Street to speak to a manager about the Pre pre-launch on Friday...He told me that he couldn't do anything, and that I had to reply to the notification E-mail that I received from Sprint. I told him that I would be traveling, and that I that this was my only time to stop into the store, and could he please help me out. He said there was nothing he could do, and that I had to E-mail Sprint. However, if I didn't hear back, he promised that he would help me escalate it to the next level at that point.

    So, I hit the road for work, and while I'm away, I dig up the E-mail and ask about the Friday event...Big surprise, I get no response. So, I call this manager up and tell him that I did as he instructed, and asked if he would escalate it as he promised...And his response? The Nimrod told me that I had to be in the store in order to escalate it, as he couldn't look up my account info if I was over the phone, only in person. WTF?! I said, "Why didn't you do this when I was in the store?!" Especially since I am now travelling, and won't be able to get back just to check in with him (but trust me, if he could get me into the event, I would change my trip to make it back there for Friday night!)

    Anyway, after many calls to Sprint customer service, I learned that they sent the invitations out to a random selection of Premier Customers that had a) Signed up for the notifications, and b) Lived within a close proximity to the stores that were hosting the launch parties. So basically, you could do everything you wanted to, and still not make the random selection.

    So where does that leave me? Roaming NJ, hoping for a miracle! Good luck to you all, and I hope it's not as hard to get a Pre is it seems like it's going to be.

    Aussie Out.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions