Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there is anyone here concerned about that. I plan on getting two Touchstones; one for home and the other for work (I really hate wires ). However, I've had a laptop stolen from the job years ago. Since then, I've been using the lock cables for laptops, monitors, etc. when I'm in the office.

Is anyone concerned that since the pre can't be "locked to your desk" it could easily be swiped? Also, is anyone worried about the Thouchstone itself being lifted? I personally don't plan on leaving the pre unattended at my desk, but I was just wondering aloud.
    Last edited by Mahootzki; 06/02/2009 at 10:24 AM.
    People need to learn how to label threads appropriately in here.

It could have been "What if your Pre were stolen?"

Very misleading (and off topic anyways). Should be moved to off-topic.
    No
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    if it does get stolen, can't you just do a remote wipe and report the ESN?
    Jeez what is with people making threads with misleading titles? ZOMG I WANT MORE HITS SO I'M GONNA MAKE MY THREAD HAVE A SHOCKING MISLEADING TITLE!

If you have TEP you can just file a claim and get the phone replaced. Also the Pre has a Remote Erase feature so what's the big concern?

I have no plans on getting a touchstone until it is offered for at least half the price so I can't really comment on that.
    Who locks their phones to their desks anyway? It's not something I'm losing sleep over.
    UK boy born and bred, usually proud of this, but rueing the fact that I won't be able to get my greasy mitts on one of these for months longer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    If you have TEP you can just file a claim and get the phone replaced.
    For $100. Not an ideal alternative to theft prevention.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I'm sure they can color match this to your Pre.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Is anyone concerned that since the pre can't be "locked to your desk" it could easily be swiped?
    The wires from chargers fit into the tiny space in a lockable drawer in my desk. I lock that drawer when my iPods are charging and I carry my phone to all my meetings so it wouldn't be likely that anything would get stolen.
  10.    #10  
    Sorry all, I wasn't implying that the phone "should" be locked to your desk. I was just using the reference of what one does with a laptop. When my laptop got swiped it happened in the two minutes I left my cube to discuss an issue with a co-worker.

So I see people with their iphones and what-not in docs at their desk and was just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    People need to learn how to label threads appropriately in here.

It could have been "What if your Pre were stolen?"

Very misleading (and off topic anyways). Should be moved to off-topic.
    People need to learn how to stop making stupid threads and start using common sense.

Um, well, if you're Pre was stolen, File a insurance claim or buy a new one. Derrrrr
    if you're concerned about it enough to make a thread, why would you leave something so small, pocketable, and desirable unattended for any period of time? do you leave your wallet sitting on your desk too when you go for lunch?
    I don't leave my treo, or my ipod, or my wallet unattended in public areas, so why would I treat a Pre any different? The Pre will not eliminate the need for common sense, no matter how good it is.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    People need to learn how to stop making stupid threads and start using common sense.

Um, well, if you're Pre was stolen, File a insurance claim or buy a new one. Derrrrr
    like this one?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ine-pre-d.html

I leave my stuff lying around my desk here at work. I've been here 11 years and haven't lost a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    like this one?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ine-pre-d.html

I leave my stuff lying around my desk here at work. I've been here 11 years and haven't lost a thing.
    Yep, threads like this is what inspired that masterpiece.. If threads like this weren't made, and people like you didn't post in them.. My thread you linked wouldn't be in existence.

oh yeah.. I almost forgot...... " "
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8
    Just thought since everyone else gets to post a pointless thread and gets away with it, I must be alright, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Yep, threads like this is what inspired that masterpiece.. If threads like this weren't made, and people like you didn't post in them.. My thread you linked wouldn't be in existence.

oh yeah.. I almost forgot...... " "
    I didn't post in your thread. If you are going to make threads about dumb things then don't jump all over people when they make threads that they find interesting to them. If you aren't happy about the thread then just don't post anything in it. Maybe they will go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I didn't post in your thread. If you are going to make threads about dumb things then don't jump all over people when they make threads that they find interesting to them. If you aren't happy about the thread then just don't post anything in it. Maybe they will go away.
    lol, Did you not read my Original post? Here, let me help you "decode" it..

Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8
    Just thought since everyone else gets to post a pointless thread and gets away with it, I must be alright, right?
    This means, that if threads such as this, asking;
    - "What to do if your phone gets stolen."
    - "What time should I stand in line."
    - "How much should I bring to Sprint."
    - "Who will be the first to post on here from their Pre."

and NO ONE is doing anything about it... than it must be ok to post pointless useless threads. So rather than me trying to control stupid threads coming from me to do my part for Pre/TreoCentral, I'll just "contribute" like the others have.

This message was brought to you by the letters: H, A, L, and Z and the numbers 8, and 3.
    Methinks the forum has now officially jumped the shark.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    NM08SRT8 - I know you love being rude and getting into with members here and I'm not going to get into a little tit for tat with you. But that's why they have mods here and you are not one.

Maybe they should add a little button where you can report a post as useless that would alert the mod and they can take a look at it. If they had a button for rude or just plain annoying you wouldn't be here anymore. I'm not the only one that finds you rude and obnoxious.
    Some people understand what silly season is like and accept it, some don't and feel they have to crap in every thread they don't agree with, with consistency.

Palm Pre wallpapers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast