Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Here is a couple shots of SprintTV in action on the Pre.
    Looks pretty nice! Saturday can't get here soon enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Thanks for posting. I used to enjoy watching Sprint TV on my Instinct, but ever since they took away FOX News Channel and several others, I have not tuned in. It doesn't seem like there's much of anything good left.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I would of cared but Sprint has taken out CNN! - The quality looks great though.
    Thanks for the pics.
    Yes, looks nice, but wait til there's a Slingbox player, now that will rock!
    Til then, Sprint TV it will be.
    My kids are already looking forward to watching Phineas and Ferb.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    At times Sprint TV does come in handy, i would watch it, when there was still CNN, but now it does help out with my nephews, if they need to be distracted Mickey Mouse House Club ~
    Did you see that in action, Doc? If you did, was it fluid or very choppy? I haven't checked out SprintTV on my 755p because the quality is so poor.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    When did they take out Fox News and CNN? I haven't watched on my Diamond much due to the smaller screen so haven't looked at it in the past months.
    The SprintTV lineup has been going down hill ever since it came out. It sucks, but it is just a way for them to cut costs.
    Is that a Sprint employee's picture? LOL I love that the picture has a cutout of the "Why Sprint Mantra" in the background
    Wait, people are sad that Sprint cut out Fox News? Geez I was thinking it reflected well on Sprint...
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Thanks for posting. I used to enjoy watching Sprint TV on my Instinct, but ever since they took away FOX News Channel and several others, I have not tuned in. It doesn't seem like there's much of anything good left.

I agree though, they cut down on their cartoon channels which made me sad. It's always changing, and it's included in my plan anyway, so we'll see. It's not like I use it all the time, just a time killer here and there.

I am happy to see that it is fullscreen.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Did you see that in action, Doc? If you did, was it fluid or very choppy? I haven't checked out SprintTV on my 755p because the quality is so poor.
    Nope I didn't see it in action but the person who took the pics said it looked really good and played smoothly.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    This is why I wanted a plan without this. The channels left are really bad - nothing worth watching. A slingplayer application though, that would be really great!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Holy Crap!

Fox News is gone. Cartoon Network (For Adult Swim) is gone. Comedy Central seems to be gone, as does Spike TV.

One of the main reasons I was sticking with Sprint was holding out to get a phone that was good for SprintTV again, and they've butchered it. Wow.....just....damn, that sucks.
    How about they take it away and lower my plan cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantCalibre View Post
    Wait, people are sad that Sprint cut out Fox News? Geez I was thinking it reflected well on Sprint...
    Considering that it is by far the most watched name in news, I don't see why it's a shock to you that people would miss it.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    ahhHAH! I thought they did.. I tried on my Berry the other day only to not find it. I was like, WTH, It was here like a few weeks ago??

Oh well
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    As far as I'm concerned SprintTV is next to useless now. They literally took out every decent station they had.. Here's a list of stations that were recently stripped out:

- MTV Mobile
    - Tr3s
    - Comedy Central
    - Gametrailers
    - The N
    - CW Mobile
    - Logo
    - VH1
    - SpikeTV
    - CMT
    - Nickelodeon
    - Cartoon Network Mobile
    - The Music Video Channel

So what's left? ABC, NBC, CBS, and a few others. Although with those stations, I believe Sprint also removed the 'Watch Live TV' option so all you're left with are these "specials" which are basically 1-2 minute videos promoting some series on their networks.
    You know what makes me shake my fist at Sprint for, is the fact that People who are getting these "Everything" and SEP plans like me.. get like the minimal stations. I mean, I really don't care seeing as how they will have SlingBox support. But still.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    That's one of the few reasons I was fine with finally switching to an "Everything" plan. They've also stripped out the few live TV options? Jesus.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast