Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Thanks for posting. I used to enjoy watching Sprint TV on my Instinct, but ever since they took away FOX News Channel and several others, I have not tuned in. It doesn't seem like there's much of anything good left.
    Why would you ever watch FOX news?

I would see its removal as an improvement of the service. LOL
    Last edited by dsjr2006; 06/02/2009 at 04:52 PM.
  2. DDD
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post

I would see its removal as an improvement of the service.
    Also Known as 3_D
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post

I would see its removal as an improvement of the service. LOL
    We watch it for the same reason you watch your news. Derrr

What kinda question is that.. lol
    Considering that it is by far the most watched name in news, I don't see why it's a shock to you that people would miss it.
    Unfortunately they may be very popular but they have gotten very tabloid and sensational over the years. Pretty much all of the cable news channels are guilty of this but Fox has stuck out as a glaring example.

Not too far off?
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    NFL network is worth it to me. I would probably pay 20 bucks a month for NFL network on my phone. If I'm ever bored I can just hit up my favorite station!
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
  6. DDD
    We should get off the topic of FNC, but; it seems to me that most of the ones who comment poorly about the channel- never have watched the channel!!
    Just my opinion
    Also Known as 3_D
    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    We should get off the topic of FNC, but; it seems to me that most of the ones who comment poorly about the channel- never have watched the channel!!
    Just my opinion
    Unfortunately I see quite a bit and it always bugs me how much time they spend on editorializing and opinion and how little on hard news and actual facts. It's always some pundit crying about how the sky is falling or yelling at someone that they are anti-American and need their mic cut off.

Thanks but no thanks. It's the same reason I don't watch the soft-news opinion stuff on CNN or MSNBC either. Just one extreme bias or another with little interest in facts and all kinds of interest in entertainment and ratings.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Durrr "faux newz iz bad, u d00ds r 2, itz bttr diz way"

Yes yes, we get it, you don't like Fox News...how about not repeating the same tired "haha, that's an improvement" joke a dozen times in the thread, huh?
    its virtually all shock and awe with so-called journalism anymore.

/em longs for the days of Taco Bell News @ 5 ...
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    As far as I'm concerned SprintTV is next to useless now. They literally took out every decent station they had.. Here's a list of stations that were recently stripped out:

- MTV Mobile
    - Tr3s
    - Comedy Central
    - Gametrailers
    - The N
    - CW Mobile
    - Logo
    - VH1
    - SpikeTV
    - CMT
    - Nickelodeon
    - Cartoon Network Mobile
    - The Music Video Channel

So what's left? ABC, NBC, CBS, and a few others. Although with those stations, I believe Sprint also removed the 'Watch Live TV' option so all you're left with are these "specials" which are basically 1-2 minute videos promoting some series on their networks.
    Watch Live is still there- at least it is on the Pre. I tested that today when I played with it.
    lol @ all the people interjecting their political garbage into this thread.

As long as they have NFLNetwork still, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Unfortunately I see quite a bit and it always bugs me how much time they spend on editorializing and opinion and how little on hard news and actual facts. It's always some pundit crying about how the sky is falling or yelling at someone that they are anti-American and need their mic cut off.
    I actually do watch Fox News at times, but usually in the face-to-palm position. This is on topic because if I watch Fox News on my Pre I will be in face to Palm position, as well as face-to-Palm position.

Also Neodorian, your comment concerning the Idiocracy: DEAD ON!!! If ever there is a show called "Ouch My Balls" it would be on Fox!
    If you're willing to pay $10 per month for Sprint Xtra, there's some good channels: MSNBC, Animal Planet, Discovery, TLC, etc. No Comedy Central, though. That's where I got my Colbert fix every day.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Seriously. THis was one of my little mental justifications for having to leave Sero to get a Pre. "At least I'll be able to watch all of the channels on Sprint TV. Sprint TV sucks anways... I guess I'll have to cling to Sprint Navigation as being worth twice the price now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Did you see that in action, Doc? If you did, was it fluid or very choppy? I haven't checked out SprintTV on my 755p because the quality is so poor.
    It's fairly fluid but you will notice the screen door/pixelation effect a little. It's definately watchable though...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    lol @ all the people interjecting their political garbage into this thread.

As long as they have NFLNetwork still, right?
    I would think that a lack of quality news is an issue that transcends petty partisan bickering and politics but hey, as long as we can see overpaid jocks play games for millions, right?

(But yeah, it's semi off topic but the thread is about the quality of Sprint TV so the quality of TV in general applies to some extent.)
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    (Hmm, somehow I imagine we're not going to have people screaming at the guy for saying how its worth paying more money to get MSNBC like they were about the people saying it lost Fox)
    It is definitely not worth paying money for MSNBC. They are far closer to entertainment then news at this point. But they are still a breath of fresh air when compared to the cesspool of filth and willful ignorance that is Fox News.
    Sprint TV is lame and Fox News is the National Enquirer of news channels (not exactly known for checking facts).
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Considering that it is by far the most watched name in news, I don't see why it's a shock to you that people would miss it.
    Lots of people eat at McDonald's, but that doesn't make it a quality source of nutrition. Lots of people watch Fox News, but that doesn't make it a quality source of news. I applaud Sprint for doing away with that waste of 3G bandwidth.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12