1.    #1  
    Figure Id give a word to fellow forumers(Is that a word???prob no) about the PRE from someone that has no clue about it at all....not me of course lol. Had dinner with some friends lastnight....and one notice my Sprint Touch and started mentioning how his wife's aunt(I know just stick with me) works for Sprint Corporate.

Now here is the really interesting part....he starts mentioning about a phone his wife's aunt was raving about and how she showed him the phone, let him play with it for a minute. Now of course he could have been playing with any phone...until he mentioned pinching the screen, zooming and how it had different boxes(the cards) on the screen. Immediately I was shocked to realize he was playing with a PRE, which he knew nothing about.

His short short review of it....he absolutely LOVED the phone, he is actually going to be switching to Sprint from Verizon to get one soon. His only complaint was the keyboard...but he said its only because he is used to the big slide out keyboard he has on his verizon phone.

And I know this guy personally well, in fact none of my friends are phone/pda savvy like me at all. My face lit up on hearing how much he loved the phone....specially when he knew nothing about it all. Was great to hear someone pumped up for the phone that knows absolutely nothing about it....and yes I was extremely jealou, and yes I tried to pull the "well you think your wife's aunt can hook me up routine?" But no go.

Figured I share, since its word from someone who loved the phone and knew nothing about it(hence meaning not spending all day on PRE forums)....and he has tried an Iphone before and didnt like it.
    Nice story, and thanks for sharing. It's good to know he enjoyed it w/o being caught up in any of the hype!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Nice story, and thanks for sharing. It's good to know he enjoyed it w/o being caught up in any of the hype!
    Thats the thing...I had to name the phone for him lol. He had absolutely NO clue about it...but fell in love with it from after a half hour of using it.

Quick points he mentioned....he said the phone is quick....getting to different apps is easy. He loved the overall feel of the phone...said it fit like a glove. He said it was a definite purchase for him.

Just amazing to hear how great the phone is, from someone who may mildly know about pda's/Iphones.
    Just like the iPhone I think the Pre will be a bigger hit with non phone geeks then anyone else. It looks and feels good, has a smooth and intuitive interface that makes really using the applications on the phone much less intimidating then any other OS.

I know my girlfriend is almost as excited as I am about it (and is even paying an ETF to get it) and she usually mocks my constant phone upgrading.
  5.    #5  
    Well I usually upgrade my phone every year....benifits of having two phone lines I use. I actually sold a friend on getting a HTC Touch Pro, which he loves, as it is more business oriented for what he needs. But that was months ago, before I really knew the scoop on a PRE.

Most of my friends either have the basic phone....or an Iphone. I think the PRE is going to be the one to really make their mouths drop though. They have seen what I have been able to do with my Touch, and I know I can go far and beyond with the PRE after some time with it.

I do think sometimes we(the forum people) forget that not everyone searches on forums all the time looking for the info on new phones. But I can see the PRE getting a lot of word of mouth once its officially out. I was so ready to go into deep question w/ my friend but I knew he wouldnt have understood where I was going or what I was asking
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Just like the iPhone I think the Pre will be a bigger hit with non phone geeks then anyone else. It looks and feels good, has a smooth and intuitive interface that makes really using the applications on the phone much less intimidating then any other OS.

I know my girlfriend is almost as excited as I am about it (and is even paying an ETF to get it) and she usually mocks my constant phone upgrading.
    The non-smartphone user is exactly the target of the Pre, the fat middle.

(Please note, I am not calling your girlfriend fat.)
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post

Fat girls need love too....am I gonna get in trouble for that? lol

I see no reason PRE...Palm and Sprint, should not do wonderfully with this phone.

I am an avid Winmo user....who doesnt like the handicaps of Apple and the Iphone. I believe the PRE is the perfect blend of fun(which Winmo isnt) and business/multitasking(which the Iphone isnt).

PRE best of both worlds??? Man I really hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post

Haha This is New York, no one is fat because we have to walk so much!

The fat middle is just a much less demanding market. I was really pissed that there was no microSD slot. She didnt care.
    Most people that I have talked with say one of three things about the Pre: 1) never heard of it. 2) Great, another iPhone wannabe (why not just get an iPhone) 3) Palm! Probably a piece of junk like every other phone they made
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    Most people that I have talked with say one of three things about the Pre: 1) never heard of it. 2) Great, another iPhone wannabe (why not just get an iPhone) 3) Palm! Probably a piece of junk like every other phone they made
    #1 I can totally agree with. Maybe its just the area I live in, but none of my friends know about phones like the PRE....unless they have an Iphone. Majority just have whatever flashy, easy to use "regular" flagship cell phone from their current providers. I only have 1 friend that has a G1 and BB Storm respectively.

#2 Is definitely agreeable....from either people who already have Iphones and think they are the best thing in the world....yet they do not know how to really use them, besides oooh let me download the newest gimmicky app. The others just dont want an Iphone and arent into phones like that.

#3 Im not sure about....although Palm was doing good in the business world? I know my company generally hands out BB for phones....but I thought Palm was just as good until recently...and who knows how PRE will change this?

But I go back to number 1...and maybe its just my area and the people I know, but they would have no clue what a PRE is until I show them.