1.    #1  
    Probably off topic (like the "shoes" thread) but I wonder if the mods are going to watch the Tre/PreCentral servers?. It's gonna have alot of traffic...hope they have extra bandwidth available...LOL.What to you all think??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I'm not worried about PreCentral, I'm more worried about Palm's activation servers if this really is going to be a huge launch weekend...
    Forget PreCentral, I'm worried about Palm's servers! I don't want a fiasco like the iPhone launch.
    PreCentral (and the rest of the Smartphone Network) is spread across several servers to ensure redundancy and continuity of operations. Unless we’re swamped with all 165,577 registered members, I think we'll be alright.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    PreCentral (and the rest of the Smartphone Network) is spread across several servers to ensure redundancy and continuity of operations. Unless we’re swamped with all 165,577 registered members, I think we'll be alright.
    Good to know. I will be here while I'm camping out just to see who get it and when.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Folks, sounds like a challenge to me. Imagine the press: "Massive Pre Launch Crashes Servers of Most Popular Online Community." Win-win-win!
    165,577? I had no idea there were so many. I hope every one of us isn't lined up on Saturday for a Pre, because then at least a few (thousand) of us are likely to be disappointed.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    165,577? I had no idea there were so many. I hope every one of us isn't lined up on Saturday for a Pre, because then at least a few (thousand) of us are likely to be disappointed.
    I think the 166k is across all of the forums you see at the bottom of every page, the whole "Smartphone Experts" network of sites, not all those are active "Palm Pre" forum members. The "Palm Pre" subforum we're in has only experienced ~85k VIEWS total, way less than the quoted number of members.
  9. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    Forget PreCentral, I'm worried about Palm's servers! I don't want a fiasco like the iPhone launch.
    Or MobileME.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    I'm not worried about PreCentral, I'm more worried about Palm's activation servers if this really is going to be a huge launch weekend...
    Yea, me too, I might not even post that day Will be too busy playing with my new toy (the PrPrPr&#$275$;)

Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Good to know. I will be here while I'm camping out just to see who get it and when.

IGO
    I'm in North Carolina, I guess people on this side of the Country will be the first to get one, although not everyone will be posting, I guess, but than again, I might or might not
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Sprint's activation process is what worries me. My fears are tempered by the fact that the supply of Pre's at launch is limited so Sprint's servers and network should be up to the task. Barring any coincidental hardware failures at Sprint, we should be just fine.
    If anything I'd bet traffic will slow down after the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    If anything I'd bet traffic will slow down after the weekend.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. Seems like the buzz has risen to a fever pitch and showing no signs of slowing down.