Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Two issues with the article: 1) Who says Blackberry created the smartphone category? My old Palm 6035 begs to differ. 2) Pre is not bringing the "first true multitasking" to the smartphone table; it's reinventing the interface.

When I moved from PalmOS to Windows Mobile, I noticed 2 things about multitasking: it works great for IM apps running in the background, and it's a total battery-killer. The Pre's card interface looks sweet, but I hope we don't see poor battery life as a result.

It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the iPhone 3's Push Notifications in reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Nothing multitasks like the Pre. POS did multitasking the best up untill webOS. It was just as good if not better than BBOS.
    I don't think anyone's arguing whether the Pre multitasks better than other phones...just whether there's any urgency for that feature among the more casual smartphone user.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I don't think anyone's arguing whether the Pre multitasks better than other phones...just whether there's any urgency for that feature among the more casual smartphone user.
    I was not arguing just stating my opinion
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I was not arguing just stating my opinion
    I suppose multitasking is one of those things that grows on you. Personally, I've never really taken advantage of it. I'm more of a "one thing at a time" kind of guy. Maybe I'm just simple. Although I will fire up Viigo on my BlackBerry and then do something else while it updates in the background. I don't know if that really counts though.
    Nothing multitasks like the Pre. POS did multitasking the best up untill webOS. It was just as good if not better than BBOS.
    That's an interesting statement since POS' Garnet is a task-switching OS, not a multi-tasking OS.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123