1.    #1  
    I went on BestBuys website to see if there was any new info for the Pre and the amount of reviews that are posted without the phone being out is ridiculous....

Not only that, there is a Fanboy on there running his mouth about the Pre.....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Customer Rating1.0

Palm pre-mature vs Apple 20 mil + selling IPHONE 06/01/2009
    By RanDaRealest from Austin,Tx Read all my reviews
    Value for Price1.0

Features1.0

Ease of Use1.0

Battery life1.0

What's great about it: The stories about how great it is,
    What's not so great: Everything !!

"I like when people talk down on apple products, the pre-mature is a knockoff of an IPHONE. Name me one idea Apple has taken from any of these so called IPHONE killers. But these touchscreen jackers like Blb, Htc, Palm, etc. have been making cellphones for more than ten years. But they're constantly stealing ideas from a 1 year, 11 month old IPHONE. You can't compare an IPHONE to a pre-mature or any other knockoffs, it's like comparing apples to oranges. The IPHONE will always be the King of Smartphones."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a good example that you can't always trust ratings of products. There are some people out there that have nothing better to do than just post negative things about products.....
    some people have no brains. I think its easy to tell.

no worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    some people have no brains. I think its easy to tell.

no worries.
    Interesting how you can rate something that you haven't used.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    Interesting how you can rate something that you haven't used.
    It's just like many people in this forum.
    I love how iPhone users like to think that iPhone invented (1)touchscreens and (2)the smartphone category. Everything is a knockoff of it now, no matter what it is.
    as Shrute Farms is located in Austin, TX, i feel embarrassed for my fellow austinite that wrote this traveshamockery (head in hands)!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Who's got the screen cleaner?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post

LMAO
    This is what always happens. You felt the need to bring that mindless commentary here, why? It is usually very easy to tell when someone has blind bias and that is why we have the power to think for ourselves and ignore ignorance.
    I just never understand the mentality of folks who seem not to want things to ever improve. Why hope for your current device to stay "king" forever? So you don't have to ever buy anything new? Because of some misguided sense of loyalty to a corporate electronics company?

Silly people...

Every day I hope for new devices that will make my current one look like a toy. I don't care what brand they are. Just keep on improving.
    aww someone's mad they're stuck with a long contract, crappy service, and thousands of useless apps and need to bash on the phone they wish they waited for to make themselves feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    aww someone's mad they're stuck with a long contract, crappy service, and thousands of useless apps and need to bash on the phone they wish they waited for to make themselves feel better
    should i be calling you a fanboy or fangirl? If you weren't then you really wouldn't care.....
    It's called cognitive dissonance. Some people have invested (either monetarily or emotionally) in a brand or product that they believe is "the best" and will fight tooth and nail to defend their investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by disc View Post
    It's called cognitive dissonance. Some people have invested (either monetarily or emotionally) in a brand or product that they believe is "the best" and will fight tooth and nail to defend their investment.
    Exactly, thank goodness, someone who knows something about reviews, finally! People's impression of things goes up after they have one, because they need to defend it psychologically.

Think about it, after you've purchased the thing, you're essentially an investor. You have a vested interest in it being perceived as wonderful.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    should i be calling you a fanboy or fangirl? If you weren't then you really wouldn't care.....
    I'm a Pre fanboy...er FanMan thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    Exactly, thank goodness, someone who knows something about reviews, finally! People's impression of things goes up after they have one, because they need to defend it psychologically.

Think about it, after you've purchased the thing, you're essentially an investor. You have a vested interest in it being perceived as wonderful.
    i purchased my touch pro and i think it's a POS...well more WM is a POS, but you get the idea. F apple fanboys.
    Quote Originally Posted by disc View Post
    And its not limited to iPhone users. This forum has many posts displaying the same problem.
    There are fanboys, fanbois, fanmen, and then there are fandorks. The ridiculous arguing carried too far is often the latter at work.
  19.    #19  
    I can be swayed either way. I just think it is silly that on a website that provides online ordering and reviews, that people can review something that has yet to be released for purchase.

If you haven't owned it or haven't spent any real time with something, how can you give crappy or great reviews.

It's BS.....
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    This is what always happens. You felt the need to bring that mindless commentary here, why? It is usually very easy to tell when someone has blind bias and that is why we have the power to think for ourselves and ignore ignorance.
    I was trying to point out that you can't always trust reviews, good or bad.....

But thanks for the comment.......