Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How do you sell Sprint phones on eBay? Arent they activated once you leave the store? (I'm coming from GSM carrier that uses sim cards)

I'll probably be picking up 2 Pres (one for me & the wife), but if she doesnt like it, I may just sell it right then.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    My plan is to grab a Pre with a new number and try it out. If it lives up to my expectations, I'll be breaking contract with VZW and my BB Storm, which I'll be selling off and almost break even.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    How do you sell Sprint phones on eBay? Arent they activated once you leave the store? (I'm coming from GSM carrier that uses sim cards)

I'll probably be picking up 2 Pres (one for me & the wife), but if she doesnt like it, I may just sell it right then.
    Once your new phone is activated, the old phone becomes inactive. From that point you can sell your phone. Not quite as easy as popping out the SIM card. But with Sprint, you can activate the new phone online. The procedure is called an "ESN swap".
    I sold my storm and anxiously awaiting the PRE. I suspended my account with Verizon for 90 days. So if this does not work out I will end up getting the IPhone in July, I hope.
    I sold my instinct, which will purchase the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    Once your new phone is activated, the old phone becomes inactive. From that point you can sell your phone. Not quite as easy as popping out the SIM card. But with Sprint, you can activate the new phone online. The procedure is called an "ESN swap".
    So that means if Im selling her Pre like in the first week, I will need to have another phone for her to use before I can sell the Pre so CS can do the swap?

Its not possible for them to just deactivate her Pre without adding another phone onto her account??

P.S. Sorry for the dumb questions. Im a CDMA noob.
    I have an Treo 800w. I wouldn't even give this phone to anyone. Thing is a real peice of.....work. Na I have quite the little Treo/Palm collection. Your not going to beleive this but, I still have every Palm handheld and Treo I've ever bought. The list gose a bit like this, a Palm PilotIII, 3 Palm Zire's(the first one out,a 23 and a 73 I think), 3 Tungsten's (E, T & T/X, still use the T/X as my alarm clock) 6 Treo's (300,600,two 650's(regular one & a Black Tie),700p and my 800w. All of them in fair to good condition. All of them except Pilot have all of there origanl boxes & everything that can with them when I got them. So it's safe to say I'll box up my 800 and put it away.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12