Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No one has confirmed or denied this. Therefore the OP is just spreading FUD. Wait until Saturday people!
    Even if this is true, is it so hard creating correct contact entries for those people or linking them to the right profiles?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Where is this AIM claim coming from? Signing into Facebook won't even import FB contacts, you have to do it in the contacts app, and the contacts app doesn't have an AIM option.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    No one has confirmed or denied this. Therefore the OP is just spreading FUD. Wait until Saturday people!
    It's not even mentioned in Synergy. I don't understand where the OP gets the idea it'll import AIM screen names into your contacts. Some type of reference would help. I think he's confusing Buddy List with Contacts.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    For some reason I can imagine this being the case. The messaging application on the Pre looks like it's directly tied into your address book, though I've never seen any videos displaying separate AIM listings the address book.

At the same time I've also never seen the AIM chat being used when showing off the phone on all the videos I've seen only.. Everytime I've seen the chat feature shown off, they used GTalk as the example. Probably because those contacts on GTalk are people you would normally have conversations on a regular basis.
  5.    #25  
    TO EVERYONE THAT DIDN'T BELIEVE ME - TOLD YOU SO.

to everyone that didn't, i'm glad there are still intelligent people out there, and thank you for posting and not just leaving it alone. i appreciate it.
    Last edited by Mahootzki; 06/04/2009 at 10:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forumsid987 View Post

to everyone that didn't, i'm glad there are still intelligent people out there, and thank you for posting and not just leaving it alone. i appreciate it.
    were idiots yet you're the one using AIM

sorry I just really hate anything AOL related.

Dude no need for calling people idiots. I still haven't seen anyone in the reviews mention what you're talking about. You got a link?
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Just because people didn't agree with you (or didn't believe) doesn't make them idiots... you need to learn how to act on forums before you go and call people idiots.

And I don't think that him using AIM makes him an ***** either, that's an equally childish response.

This thread is CARP and should be closed.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    You got a link?
    I believe it was mentioned in the Endgadget review and the WSJ review (I read so many of them I forgot which ones) but he/she was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I believe it was mentioned in the Endgadget review and the WSJ review (I read so many of them I forgot which ones) but he/she was right.
    Yeah just found it in Engadget:
    The Synergy premise is simple: it will take your Gmail account, Facebook profile, AIM identity, and / or Exchange data and merge it all together on your Pre, killing duplicate entries, joining together sources where there's overlap (creating "linked contacts"), and generally making your connected life super-duper awesome.

Oh well. No big deal for me since all my screen names on AIM are in my Contacts already.

I was concerned about this as well. So I talked to a CSR online....yeah I know...but I figured, why not.

First off, I am not sure why people mess around with getting all their contacts into Google just to get it from their old phone to the other. According to the CSR (and some people replying in another thread), the Sprint Store can just transfer your contacts to the Pre, regardless what your current phone is.

Second, the CSR said that when you log on to AIM for the first time, the Pre supposedely will give you the option to let the AIM Buddy list imported into the Pre.

We'll know soon enough what is true and what's not.
  12.    #32  
    WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? I NEVER SAID THE WORD *****... but now that you people are making stuff up, i actually think you are.
    Oh great, I hope they have an option to disable this.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    I think I get it.

Palm is acting like our computers more than just a phone with the contact list.

As Jonthan likes the Pre said...I have a curve and i've NEVER used the address book. I just type someones name.

I think once we get over the shock of having a lot of contacts, we'll realize it might be nice having all info for someone right on your phone. Does anyone know if you can jump to someones facebook profile page from their contact entry?
    WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? I NEVER SAID THE WORD *****... but now that you people are making stuff up, i actually think you are.
    Okay no need to lie. Mahootzki clearly edited it after 2 people quoted you using the word ***** and the word was removed in our posts too.

16.    #36  
    Okay no need to lie. Mahootzki clearly edited it after 2 people quoted you using the word ***** and the word was removed in our posts too.
    if that's the case then how come the person that quoted me, Mikest, who quoted me before my post was edited, does not have the word ***** in it?

go edit your post EeZeEpEe, to add the words - SEE IT DOES UPDATE - and lets see if my quote of you updates as well.
    were idiots yet you're the one using AIM

sorry I just really hate anything AOL related.
    Dude no need for calling people idiots. I still haven't seen anyone in the reviews mention what you're talking about. You got a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Just because people didn't agree with you (or didn't believe) doesn't make them idiots... you need to learn how to act on forums before you go and call people idiots.

And I don't think that him using AIM makes him an ***** either, that's an equally childish response.

This thread is CARP and should be closed.

if that's the case then how come the person that quoted me, Mikest, who quoted me before my post was edited, does not have the word ***** in it?

go edit your post EeZeEpEe, to add the words - SEE IT DOES UPDATE - and lets see if my quote of you updates as well.
    You're still on this topic? Notice how BOTH Mikest and I used the word "idiots" in our replies? Even Darth Pooh commented on it. He didn't quote you but it's not a coincidence. It's cause we were referring to your post. The moderator edited your post which therefore removed it from our quoted replies.

Meh. AIM integration is apart of Synergy. I wish I could filter contacts out but I actually used Synergy as an excellent chance to clean out my contacts in all my sources. Now I only have the people I really talk to!
    well he was correct
    once u log into AIM, it'll add ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl your contacts into your pre contacts
    so yeh i see BigBoobsBonnie in my contacts now, terrible that palm wants to sync ALL contacts from EVERYWHERE into your pre contact list
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    (as if it would be Palms fault you added CutiePieXXX69 to your AIM account)
    LOL.. LMFAO! Thanks for the laugh pal..

Richie
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast