Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    sadly yes. based on the question, i don't think the author of this thread is quite ready for such an advanced phone. no phone for you!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'm going to use this in my signature!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yes,

There are a lot of silly threads about pretty much nothing.

Soon after the 6th we'll see pretty much all these cease.

People will start asking questions more along the lines of 'how to' and 'why is'

I can't tell you how many times DP has said 'this is all part of SS, it's almost impossible to contain it.'

Let's all just ride it out with smiles on our faces.
    IMO, You better start moderating now and not let these get out of hand. You're sending a message to everyone that it's ok to make topics such as these. It's driving me insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    IMO it won't get any better. I remember when I got the iPhone and would use the forums at macrumors. Everyday at least 4 threads would pop up 'One of my bottom speakers isn't working, is this normal' when it was clear one was a speaker and one was a microphone.

I can only imagine: bottom of my screen is touch sensitive, is this normal!? or my Pre can sync with iTunes, hidden feature!?
    It WOULD be a hidden feature if the user didn't waste hours on this website, like we do, and then realized after purchasing the phone that he/she could sync it with iTunes. Wouldn't bother me.
    People are excited about the Pre, so it's natural that we're going to have a lot of threads created. We've just added THREE more moderators to deal with the extra load.

We definitely want people to search before they post, report threads that ought to be merged with others of the identical topic, and so on.

HOWEVER

...all this anger at users for creating new threads has become grating. We're happy to have lots of threads as long as they're on disparate topics and a topic that might seem like it's not worth a thread to you may be completely worth a thread to somebody else. Attacking other users for creating threads, forgetting to search, and the like is not cool. Please cut it out.

These forums are very busy, they will continue to be very busy. There will be a lot of threads. We'll work to merge the duplicates but at a certain point it doesn't make sense to just toss everything into one gigantic thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12