Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    good one bryanharig,
    I hope they bump it to 1500 mAh - 1600mAh with the same form factor.
    Their smallest 1500mAh battery is still slightly larger then the Pre's battery. So I dont think it is doable right now.

Do we have definite confirmation that the Centro battery will work in the Pre? Because I found a decent price on the Seidio batteries and Id like to buy some!
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Sedio makes a 1350mAh battery in the same form factor as the Centro 690/Treo 800 W 1150mAh battery.
    Yes, that has been stated many times and was my point - the 1350 is a little over 15% from the original. But a 1500 would be a 25%+ jump. Probably not going to happen.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Do we have definite confirmation that the Centro battery will work in the Pre? Because I found a decent price on the Seidio batteries and Id like to buy some!
    Yes. D94 in the other thread actually tried the centro battery in the pre and it worked.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    359 Posts
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896 View Post
    Yes. D94 in the other thread actually tried the centro battery in the pre and it worked.
    Palm probably wouldn't have allowed that if the Centro battery created problems for the Pre, so this is probably good confirmation.

I'm still waiting for Palm to list the Pre for this battery on their site. Here's the page.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Palm probably wouldn't have allowed that if the Centro battery created problems for the Pre, so this is probably good confirmation.

I'm still waiting for Palm to list the Pre for this battery on their site. Here's the page.
    Here is the Pre Battery: Palm.com : Shop .

It looks the same as far as connections, but they don't give any details.

The difference seems to be the Pre battery is $10 more than the current price for the Centro battery.
    Last edited by wjclint; 06/03/2009 at 12:54 PM.
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
    Seidio has a 1350mAh replacement battery as previously mentioned.

They also have a charger (admittedly quite clunky) for simultaneous charging of the phone and spare battery.

Any other options y'all know of?
    USR Pilot 5000->3Com PalmPilot Pro->Palm IIIx->Palm 515->Palm TT3->Treo 700p->HTC Touch Pro->Palm Pre->HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Well here is another confirmation concerning battery life. This is a awesome review for the Pre the auther loves the phone buy see the quotes below concerning battery life.

Palm’s credible challenge to the iPhone

"The Pre’s battery, however, is easy to swap. That’s fortunate, because battery life is the Pre’s heartbreaker. On days when I used the Pre a lot, the battery was dead by late afternoon. On days when I used it only occasionally, it was dead by dinnertime. Yikes."

By David Pogue

Palm’s credible challenge to the iPhone | mydigitalfc.com
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I figure I will have to use the touchstone at my office to make it thru the day. I must get an extra battery when I travel. If I am stuck in O'hare, or DFW airports for 4-6 hours I love using my phone, but if the battery is this bad, I must have a back up. The worst thing to happen is to be stuck at an airport and needing to jump on a conference call for an hour and your Treo is dead and you have no way to charge it. This is the reason I have always got extended battery for My Treo's I nver wanted to be in that situation, but hated logging around an extra battery.

I am concerned the lack of a good battery will be a serious problem for the Pre. It is being sold as a great New pda phone that will keep you connected to the cloud and the we, But this means you must have great battery life and all signs point to this being a negative for the Pre.

Also using the Phone for an hour does not mean to much, My Treo755p I can use for a few hours and the battery does not move to much. But from about 40% down to 10% it drain faster, IMO. I think battery do not drain at constant levels ,the more you drain the faster it goes, just my thoughts.

I hope I am not worring to much about battery life, sorry if I seem to be, but for me this is very important in using the device, and I am now truly worried Palm sacerficed for the sake of Form Battery life on this phone.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    I will play with it for 30 days, but if it can't survive a whole day with my use I'll return it and see if the AT&T version will have improvements...
    If the battery can't make it through the day then that is a dealbreaker! I'll buy it and try it out myself, and I'll wait a few days before deciding, but atleast a day is essential. I'm not going to carry an extra battery in my pocket, that's stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    If the battery can't make it through the day then that is a dealbreaker! I'll buy it and try it out myself, and I'll wait a few days before deciding, but atleast a day is essential. I'm not going to carry an extra battery in my pocket, that's stupid.
    What phone do you have now? I have found that battery life is very particular to the user. I can go all day on a charge if I don't make any calls or browse very much. However, if I make over a hour of calls and then plan on using the phone later for browsing, I need to plan on a re-charge. I have read people getting 2 days out of their Touch Pro and I scoff - no way! But what you get will depend on how you use it.

I just hope they don't make the next one with a hump like they did on the Moto Q to Q9c to take care of the battery problem!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I just had reps at two different Sprint stores tell me that the Palm Pre is not compatible with the Centro battery. I understand that this contradicts some of what we're hearing, including d94's finding that it will run with the Centro battery.

I don't know whether to believe that Palm advises against using the Centro battery. I have seen that the model number of the batter is different, though.

I wanted to confirm before ordering a Centro battery. So now I'll hold off. I'm frustrated with Palm, as this is information that should be made available to consumers prior to purchasing the phone.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I think you are correct and I will wait for Sedio to come out with an offical Pre Extend Battery, just hope I do not have to wait to long..
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    I think you are correct and I will wait for Sedio to come out with an offical Pre Extend Battery, just hope I do not have to wait to long..
    I betcha one shows up Friday or Saturday. Palm is concerned about battery life, so they would likely have worked with battery makers to help alleviate the problem. Unless Palm itself will sell a high capacity battery.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'd like to know what brightness setting David Pogue was on.
    A high capacity battery that makes the phone thicker would be totally fine with me. How about you?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by rijc99 View Post
    I'd like to know what brightness setting David Pogue was on.
    More of an issue than brightness is exactly what he mentions in the article. It says he is constantly going from weak to no signal where he lives. If you don't have the same issue, that'll be a huge help on battery life.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    So with all the reviews hitting now what is the average verdict on PRE Battery life, is it really a big problem?
    So with all the reviews hitting now what is the average verdict on PRE Battery life, is it really a big problem?
    They definitely say it's one of the weakest points, but it averages by reviewer. Some say it lasted two days, some say it barely made it through the day.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I got the feeling that bad battery life was always due to one of three culprits:

1. Poor Sprint reception.
    2. Leaving device features on that needn't be on (GPS, WiFi, etc.)
    3. The Google/AIM bug.

I can live with that. I feel much better about battery life.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast