1.    #1  
    Forgive me if headlines from the front page are automatically posted in the forums, I've only just joined, and while I've thrown myself wholeheartedly into this, I've not seen it before...

Anway, the formalities over, I'll point you to the Precentral article:

Fully expecting to sell out of the Palm Pre on a daily basis, we’ve now heard from multiple sources that Sprint Stores will be receiving daily shipments (Sundays excluded) of the hot new phone. This stands in contrast to the launch of the BlackBerry Storm on Verizon, where many stores sold out on day one and didn’t get in shipments for several days. So, if you show up on Saturday and they’ve sold out by the time you get to the door, call or stop back in on Monday, they may very well have more in stock by then. Or Tuesday.
    UK boy born and bred, usually proud of this, but rueing the fact that I won't be able to get my greasy mitts on one of these for months longer...
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Hopefully this bodes well for online sales.
    What happened to shortages? How can they possibly replenish in days if they don't have enough, and what about the bestbuy rumor about little stock until August? Pretty sketchy
    Perhaps Sprint and/or Palm have stock in sales of anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds.
    It kind of sounds like they want to gauge sales before filling the store shelves with stock. If they sell more slowly than expected, this way, they can still make the perception that they are selling and that stock is limited prolonging the hype. Gotta love marketing.

That, or they are just getting them out there as fast as they come in from China.
    so they have plenty of phones they just want everyone to thiink there won't be enough. i smell free marketing! you're going to get local news stations outside these sprint stores interviewing customers. clever, sprint! now that we're on to you why not just ship out all the phones for saturday instead of holding them so they can arrive at each store daily. or better yet make them available for purchase on sprint.com and by telesales, like you promised on 5/19 when you put out your press release. i haven't seen one since that you can't buy them online or thru telesales anymore...
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Do you any of you guys remember a quote from Dan Hesse (I think it was an earnings conference call) where he said that Sprint would not release the Pre until they had enough quantity on hand to satisfy the expected demand? He even referenced the iPhone 3G launch if I remember correctly. Tis comment was made several months ago (I think it was in April for the 1st quarter call). I think there will be plenty unless it is a REALLY big hit (and I hope it is!). His more recent comments may be fanning the flames. Still, I'm not taking any chances.

edit: I found the remarks here
    I think they came to their senses and are flying in every day's production to meet demand. Once AT&T and VZ said they will be carrying the Pre as soon as Sprint's exclusivity ended, they realized they screwed up and decided to go all out regardless of the cost...

Lame decision to not pay for longer exclusivity, but at least they realized their mistake.
  9.    #9  
    I remember a few years back, at the launch of the PS3, there weren't going to be enough in stock, so instead of sending the devices by ship, they flew them in as soon as the day's production had completed. Foxconn could easily have their factories working 24/7, pushing out these devices, and if they're being flown in, then there will be daily replenishments, as opposed to large batches arriving in country every 7-10 days.
    UK boy born and bred, usually proud of this, but rueing the fact that I won't be able to get my greasy mitts on one of these for months longer...
    Although I'd love to get my greasy little mitts on one of these phones this coming Saturday it won't be the end of the world if I don't. Hopefully I'll be able to snag one within the first week of it being released, just as long as there are daily shipments coming to Sprint stores
    Quote Originally Posted by northy014 View Post
    I remember a few years back, at the launch of the PS3, there weren't going to be enough in stock, so instead of sending the devices by ship, they flew them in as soon as the day's production had completed. Foxconn could easily have their factories working 24/7, pushing out these devices, and if they're being flown in, then there will be daily replenishments, as opposed to large batches arriving in country every 7-10 days.
    Exactly. Doing that is VERY expensive. But with AT&T and VZ breathing down their backs it is absolutely the right thing to do. Kudos to Sprint.