Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There is an article on Gizmodo bashing Lou for getting a Pre Tattoo and thus winning a Free Pre. They totally missed the point of the contest and didn't get all the details right. Kinda irks me that they did this. It just shows me that Gizmodo is the Trash version of Engadget and I'll skip their site from now on.

Anyone else have any feelings about their article? i shot the author a quick email with my thoughts.

Hi Adam,

I thought your article about the Palm pre tattoo guy was a little bias. If you knew anything about the contest you would know that the winners get an off contract Palm Pre, Touch Stone charger, $150 gift care for amazon mp3, Motorola bluetooth headphones, and a case for the Pre. Almost $1000 of goods for a tattoo that shows some pride. It seems a little amateur for your website to attack this guy, but then again Gizmodo is basically the trashy version of Engadget.

Tim
    I知 a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    It wasn't too harsh, the phone is only $199 and that is a HUGE step to take. Not everyone is going to think "awesome!"
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    It seems to me that Apple is working overtime. A lot of articles coming out against the Pre, including this one.
    Actually, I've found Gizmodo to be much less biased than Engadget, and many other tech sites, for that matter. They've been very positive about Win 7, for example, and I've seen as many snarky comments about Apple products as about anything else. They've also been pretty excited about the Pre.

And I have to admit: that tattoo is pretty extreme. I mean, it's quite large, and would be difficult to represent by even the best tattoo artist. I mean no offense whatsoever, but I can't imagine doing this for $10,000, let alone $1000. The Pre's a great product that I can't wait to get, but it's not exactly going to be timeless. That tattoo will be, however.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Hahahaha! That guy deserves a lifetime of bashing. Perhaps the world's nerdiest tattoo for a few hundred dollars (that last maybe a couple of years) of tech goodies? I guess the good news is, this guy's likelihood of contributing to the human gene pool just plummeted into oblivion. The headline was great: "Get a Palm Pre Tattoo For a Free Pre: Save $199, Lose a Lifetime of Dignity."

Your defense of this pasty-white, tattooed goober makes me think:
    a. That goober might be you; or
    b. You came in second place in the contest, now have an equally pointless tattoo, but have no cash or prizes to show for it.

Am I getting warm?

Edit add: The comments are even better then the original article. Good stuff.
    i'm currently having a tattoo removed so to see this as one of the winner's...yea i hope you really love your Pre...i wonder how that other guy feels about his Storm tattoo right about now?! hmmm...
    I completely agree with Gizmodo....It was such an idiotic move. If he has any sense, he will regret it within months once the hype of the phone wears off and he realizes $1000 is nothing when it comes to branding yourself a moron to the whole world.
  8.    #8  
    I know a tattoo is extreme, but it seams a little low to bash the guy
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Oh, come on that was not even a little harsh. Of course he is going to get bashed, but this was not malicious at all.

That email you sent was incredibly immature. Congratulations on that.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Hahahaha! That guy deserves a lifetime of bashing. Perhaps the world's nerdiest tattoo for a few hundred dollars (that last maybe a couple of years) of tech goodies? I guess the good news is, this guy's likelihood of contributing to the human gene pool just plummeted into oblivion. The headline was great: "Get a Palm Pre Tattoo For a Free Pre: Save $199, Lose a Lifetime of Dignity."

Your defense of this pasty-white, tattooed goober makes me think:
    a. That goober might be you; or
    b. You came in second place in the contest, now have an equally pointless tattoo, but have no cash or prizes to show for it.

Am I getting warm?

Edit add: The comments are even better then the original article. Good stuff.
    If you read the article you would know that he is married, has a daughter, and the wife was supportive of him. I guess i'm in the minority that this wasn't that bad. it's a big tattoo and it would be a ***** to remove, but whatever. i have seen worst tattoos like those chinese symbols that ppl get.

To each his own i guess.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post

To each his own i guess.
    exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    If you read the article you would know that he is married, has a daughter, and the wife was supportive of him. I guess i'm in the minority that this wasn't that bad.
    Correct - you are in the minority. Oh, and please pass on my condolences to your supportive wife and daughter for having a husband/father that has no concept of future consequences - and a big ugly tattoo covering half of his left triceps. That's going to really sting when you burn it off.

But thanks for the laugh - made my whole evening.
    Yeah, I got a tattoo of a Fiero some years back ... looks kinda silly now.

Seriously though, no way would I do that (especially for $199), but it's his arm not mine.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Correct - you are in the minority. Oh, and please pass on my condolences to your supportive wife and daughter for having a husband/father that has no concept of future consequences - and a big ugly tattoo covering half of his left triceps. That's going to really sting when you burn it off.

But thanks for the laugh - made my whole evening.
    It's not my tattoo, and i wouldn't get a Pre tattoo either. I'll stick with tattoos based on my Irish heritage and Smurfs
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 06/01/2009 at 09:08 PM.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    "In-your-face tattoos connote a certain desperation but not necessarily of the desperado variety - more like desperate to be different. I'm all for tribal tattoos, but I think you should have to belong to a tribe to get one. Imagine getting the Marine Corps globe tattooed on your arm without being a Marine. It's asking for an ***-kicking." - Glenn O'Brien, The Style Guy, GQ Magazine

"Line up all of the people with tattoos on one side and all of the people without them on the other. Which group do you want to be associated with?"
    My hat is off to the winner.... he's got an awesome prize, a funny tattoo w/ a great built in story for the rest of his life....... people (like the article's author and several in this thread) need to take life a little less seriously. None of us will get out alive anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    My hat is off to the winner.... he's got an awesome prize, a funny tattoo w/ a great built in story for the rest of his life....... people (like the article's author and several in this thread) need to take life a little less seriously. None of us will get out alive anyway.

translation: do stupid things, we all die anyways.
    I see that he got about $1000 worth of goodies. Still though .... It's better than gettin' a Foleo tattoo I guess.

Who paid for the tattoo?
    tattoo artist didn't charge for it.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Me View Post
    I see that he got about $1000 worth of goodies. Still though .... It's better than gettin' a Foleo tattoo I guess.

Who paid for the tattoo?
    A Foleo tattoo would be pretty epic.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast