Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    tattoo artist didn't charge for it.
    That's good. That one looks like it would be pricey. Oh, man ... Give me my stinkin' Pre already!
    Quote Originally Posted by despo88 View Post
    translation: do stupid things, we all die anyways.
    More like do whatever makes you happy and doesn't hurt others.....we all die anyways.
    Hey....bottom line........He's got a PRE!!!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Makes me feel better about my Newton tatoo:

This whole time I thought it was a joke and it was a temp tattoo. It's really real?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    There is an article on Gizmodo bashing Lou for getting a Pre Tattoo and thus winning a Free Pre. They totally missed the point of the contest and didn't get all the details right. Kinda irks me that they did this. It just shows me that Gizmodo is the Trash version of Engadget and I'll skip their site from now on.

Anyone else have any feelings about their article? i shot the author a quick email with my thoughts.
    It wasn't as harsh as it could've been, but it was messed-up. I agree.

Gotta love your community loyalty. And yeah, although, as someone said, it takes a special kind of nerd* to get a Pre tattoo, it takes a special kind of jackass to go overboard in razzing that individual's choice.

And, honestly, I think the local razzing has been much worse than Giz's.

* - which we all are
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Huh...I guess I just don't understand the problem.

So I got a tattoo of a cell phone. I like it; it's not hurting anyone, and I'm supporting a good company that's going through a rough time. I thought it would be a fun thing to do, and kind of a fun story when I get older. And I get a free phone (which would be more that $199, since I'm in-contract).

I can understand that some of you guys think that it was dumb. That's totally fine; that's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. But why the venoms comments? It's not on your arm, it's an mine. I thought that it would be a fun thing to share with people, but instead I get called names.

Thanks a lot.

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    Ugh... I guess you can have fun with it.
    Last edited by Pre3P0; 06/02/2009 at 12:07 AM.
    The utter lack of disrespect in this thread is sickening. Sure it might be more extreme than most of us would have gone through, but more props to him for being willing to show off his fandom through body art. It takes a certain type of tenacity to go to the trouble, that kind of tenacity is obviously lacking from the forums here.

The only other thing I have to say is that I'm disappointed by the judges choice. The tattoo route was an easy one to pick since it's been done before. I'm sure there were probably cooler and pricier entries submitted, but they went with the one that was least original.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    He could use a whole lot of this stuff later on:

Wrecking Balm Tattoo Removal System | Remove your tattoo without a laser!
    IMO tattoo whatever you want on your arm / body. Just don't be surprised if people think its stupid. Also don't be surprised if you do it publicly that you get criticized publicly.
    Funny... Maybe it's a fake tattoo?
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman109 View Post
    I thought it would be a fun thing to do, and kind of a fun story when I get older.
    I guess it could be, but when you get older who's going to really think a Pre tattoo is cool? Further, even if you don't care what other people think, how about you? I don't know the answer to these questions, that's for you to think about. Personally, I was infatuated with my first Palm (a Palm III). I loved it, it was always on me. Hell, I converted my whole group of friends to get PDA's as well. It was a game changer; I became a more organized person, it solidified my passion for consumer electronics, and it was damn cool. But I can't help but feel that now, after 8 years or something, with all the progress the PDA and cell phone industry has gone through, that I would be seriously regretting doing something like that.

It's not a knock on you, it's how I feel. And while we're on the topic of you getting free stuff: If you say the total cost of the gifts you received to be $2000 and you have 40 more years to live on your life and make money, I don't know if I'd be holding $2,000 in quite as high a regard as you are.

I can understand that some of you guys think that it was dumb. That's totally fine; that's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. But why the venoms comments? It's not on your arm, it's an mine. I thought that it would be a fun thing to share with people, but instead I get called names.

Thanks a lot.
    I think it is fun, but it doesn't mean I'd do it. It's just the fact that tattoos are permanent, or at least near permanent, that turns a lot of people off to the idea of getting a tattoo even resembling something that might turn into an underwhelming product release (that you may not even like) or something as fleeting and superficial (and I don't mean this in a derogatory way, I mean it as not holding deep emotion ties or sentimentality) as a phone.

It's your body, you can do what you want, but you had to have known some people were going to jump on you. It's the internet.
    I wonder if there are any iPhone tattoos out there. I'm too lazy (or ambivalent) to google it, but it would certainly say something if there weren't.

That said, I completely agree that Gizmodo is kind of the trashy, more biased, less researched form of Engadget, and that means a lot considering I thought Engadget was completely in apple's pocket until a few months ago when they got called out for trashing everything but the iPhone. They're certainly apple apologists, but they've both backed-off considerably now that their lord and savior (Stevey-J) has taken ill.

I didn't read the article until just now, but it really isn't anything to get very upset about. Don't **** them off, we still need some unbiased reviews of the actual product.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Don't listen to these idiots, Hoffman, it's your body so you can do whatever you want to do with it. To hell with what people think. Your body, your business. Congrats on the prize, enjoy!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    to each his own...

My suggestion to enhance the 'converstaion' tattoo would be to compliment it with a tat of a 'rotary dial Princess phone'. Maybe he has the Palm Pilot on the other shoulder and the full Palm lineup accross the shoulder blades. Could be very educational for many young people, now and in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigagreen View Post
    to each his own...

My suggestion to enhance the 'converstaion' tattoo would be to compliment it with a tat of a 'rotary dial Princess phone'. Maybe he has the Palm Pilot on the other shoulder and the full Palm lineup accross the shoulder blades. Could be very educational for many young people, now and in the future.
    And a Casio B.O.S.S. on his forearm. And an LED watch face on his forehead. And a Tandy CoCo across his lower back. Hmmm - where shall we put that Atari 400 tatt? Or the Apple Lisa?

It's a whole new business line:

Tech-Tatts
    Wrap Yourself in Epidermal Gizmo History

Amaze Your Chess Club!
    Dismay Your Spouse!
    Own a piece of sagging, discolored, fading, obsolete technology - forever!

"Honey, where's my phone?"
    "It's on your arm, jacka$$!"

This thread makes me think someone could make millions off of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    I wonder if there are any iPhone tattoos out there. I'm too lazy (or ambivalent) to google it, but it would certainly say something if there weren't.
    Couldn't find any, but there are BlackBerry Storm tats...
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman109 View Post
    Huh...I guess I just don't understand the problem.

So I got a tattoo of a cell phone. I like it; it's not hurting anyone, and I'm supporting a good company that's going through a rough time. I thought it would be a fun thing to do, and kind of a fun story when I get older. And I get a free phone (which would be more that $199, since I'm in-contract).

Thanks a lot.
    I never would have started this thread if i knew board members where going to bash on you.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    true story - i recently went into an Apple store and a employee in there had a big firewire logo on one wrist and a big USB logo on the other. i asked - "what are those?" because i didn't immediately recognize the symbols at first - and he said "these are the firewire logo and USB logo - so i can like - plug in." i said "but won't those get antiquated someday like floppy disks?" and he said - "no - these are classics." the guy was in his late 30's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast