Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was just informed that the 1 W. Divison store in Chicago will have "plenty" of Pre's on Saturday and are getting another large shipment on Tuesday.

She indicated there would be no need to get there early at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I was just informed that the 1 W. Divison store in Chicago will have "plenty" of Pre's on Saturday and are getting another large shipment on Tuesday.

She indicated there would be no need to get there early at all.
    Wow, thanks for the heads up! The loop store is closed on Saturday, and the other two I talked to, Devon / Lincoln, Irving / Lincoln were kinda clueless. Even stopped in the West / South loop Best Buy and they said they'll have 5. I was almost content on waiting.
  3.    #3  
    Any Chicago area peeps have Saturday plans?

My plan is a morning (9am ish) visit to Sprint store or 10 am visit to a best buy (555 Roosevelt should have a decent amount as they are a "demo" store).

My plan is a morning (9am ish) visit to Sprint store or 10 am visit to a best buy (555 Roosevelt should have a decent amount as they are a "demo" store).
    Ugh, that's the Best Buy I visited today. They said they were going to have 5 units on Saturday, acknowledging it was a "soft launch." Then she proceeded to tell me that supply would be ample by July.

I was just going to hit that Sprint store on Division you mentioned. If not, the loop store on Monday.

My Plan......At the door at 5am...talked to a rep at a south surburb store...I'm near the top of the "list". She stated.."just be here at 8am saturday".

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!

555 Roosevelt?....Circle campus area....ok!!!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlil242 View Post
    Wow, thanks for the heads up! The loop store is closed on Saturday, and the other two I talked to, Devon / Lincoln, Irving / Lincoln were kinda clueless. Even stopped in the West / South loop Best Buy and they said they'll have 5. I was almost content on waiting.
    I'll second that - the Lincoln/Devon store said they couldn't tell me anything until later this week. They are the largest Sprint corporate store in the area and have 10 registers. So I figure they'll have a pretty big stock. However, I was planning on arriving at 5:30 a.m. on launch day. But the Division store may work out a lot better!

And any store in the Chicago suburbs who is honoring a waitlist is full of crap. I was 5th on Bolingbrook's "waitlist" a month ago and decided to call today to verify this (without much hope it would be honored) I was told that it was never a list to obtain the phone, but rather a list of people they would contact to tell that the phone was available. Shouldn't have expected much more than that, but grrrr nonetheless.
    [/QUOTE]
    And any store in the Chicago suburbs who is honoring a waitlist is full of crap. I was 5th on Bolingbrook's "waitlist" a month ago and decided to call today to verify this (without much hope it would be honored) I was told that it was never a list to obtain the phone, but rather a list of people they would contact to tell that the phone was available. Shouldn't have expected much more than that, but grrrr nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

YA NEVER KNOW!!!...I was not at a "BolingBrook" store

IGO
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    No offense - I wish you much luck. I just hope it works out for you on these apparent waitlists they have going.

Hopefully the corp stores in the city proper will be fully stocked - closer for me than trekking out to the 'burbia.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i'm going to be at the downers grove/woodridge store. they told me people are going to be lining up based on what others that have asked for the pre have said to them. i'm gonna get there at like 4 or 5 am. if i don't get it then, i will hit the loop store on monday. but the dude at my store told me they are a B store (A, B, C ratings) and they would have a decent supply but do expect to be sold out.
  11.    #11  
    I also spoke with the Bucktown store a few hours ago (1600 N. Milwaukee) and they said they will have "ample stock to last several days with another shipment at the beginning of the week."

He said most likely they will have the most of any Chicago store Saturday as the "flagship" Chicago store at 180 N. Lasalle is closed on weekends.

This may be a better bet than the Division store but either should work well and shouldn't be a hassle...fingers crossed!
    Last edited by mikeh20; 06/01/2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: spelling error
    I also spoke with the Bucktown store a few hours ago (1600 N. Milwaukee) and they said they will have "ample stock to last several days with another shipment at the beginning of the week."

He said most likely they will have the most of any Chicago store Saturday as the "flagship" Chicago store at 180 N. Lasalle is closed on weekends.

This may be a better bet than the Division store but either should work well and shouldn't be a hassle...fingers crossed!
    Well...I can make that store an option during the week.
    I'm in the north suburbs of Chicago. I'll be at the store 0600 sharp.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    I'm in the north suburbs of Chicago. I'll be at the store 0600 sharp.
    Thanks for the "surburban" vote......LOL

IGO
    For what it's worth.

I popped into the Sprint Store in Schaumburg (Barrington Rd & Schaumburg Rd) just to see what Pre information was out. It's a real busy Sprint store. They had two big Pre signs by the outside door. On the inside they had a Pre display with two cardboard Pre pictures and a real short Pre video showing on a TV above it.

A sales person approached me and asked if I was interested in the Pre and I said yes. He told me the release date and that was it. He said he couldn't talk about it yet. I did asked how many they were getting, and he said a lot. He said if came on Saturday early, I would get one.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    anyone hitting any of the stores in the western burbs? i'll be at the Downers store on 75th or possibly the one in the Promenade mall.
    I'll be at Devon around 6 am
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

I'm assuming you put "flagship" in quotes since the 180 N. LaSalle store isn't a corporate Sprint store. They do a lot of business as a reseller. They weren't very sure about whether they would have phones on 6/6.

In any event, seems like all of us in the Chicagoland area will get one on Saturday if we show up early to any of the Sprint stores discussed above.

Has anyone checked with the store on Clybourn?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by le_seus View Post
    anyone hitting any of the stores in the western burbs? i'll be at the Downers store on 75th or possibly the one in the Promenade mall.
    I'll hit the Aurora/Route 59 store.
    - Fushigi
    One thing I hear from most of the retailers that are selling the PRE. The availability is based on sales of a previous model (centro/800/Pro). So if yout visiting a high traffic Sprint store...chances are they will have plenty PREs on hand.

IGO
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast