Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I was told by the 180 lasalle store that they are closed. The division store informed me that the Lasalle store was the Chicago flagship store but they would still be closed over the weekend.

Let us know if you hear anything different...
    I walked by the 180 N LaSalle store. It had a sign up that said special hours on 6/5, closing at 4 PM. It didn't say anything else and I didn't have time to stop in and ask. I would assume it is closed for the weekend.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantCalibre View Post
    You noticed too??! Until last August I was able to send/recieve texts underground. I upgraded to a Blackberry w/a dataplan and I thought losing the ability to roam underground was device-related.
    I thought so too as it seemed to coincide w/ my upgrade from a 700 to 755. None of my phones work underground. I don't see many people on their phones on the subway anymore. Maybe its just USC customers now?
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    I walked by the 180 N LaSalle store. It had a sign up that said special hours on 6/5, closing at 4 PM. It didn't say anything else and I didn't have time to stop in and ask. I would assume it is closed for the weekend.
    I went in last week to 180 N LaSalle to inquire and a sales rep told me that they were in fact going to be closed on the 6th. However, he said that they will be open and have a good supply on Monday.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Went to Wheaton store in Danada. They barely had anything up for the pre. The TV with a promo, a few cardboard Pre's on counter tops and one smallish sign on window. Manager had no idea how many they would be getting. He said quite a few people had been in and he expects a line of campers. He said if they run out they would take names and call when new shipments arrive which he said would be Tuesday.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with my brother who lives in South Elgin. He said someone at the store called him and said that if he came in and paid today he would be guaranteed a phone on Saturday morning. He's on his way home now, no worries.
    Obscura
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I was just in this store this morning and the gentleman stated there are no pre-launch parties, no waiting lists, etc. It is a first come/first serve basis...They will be open at 8am like the other stores. I am guessing I might check to see if a line forms in the late evening/early morning hours then go back very early in the morning to see what happens.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Stopped by Radio Shack on Main St. Wheaton. They have no idea if they will have Pre's on Saturday or not. They did not even have a PRE coming soon sign. He said call on Friday.

Same thing at Sprint franchise on 59 and North. Call on Friday.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Well. I called the 1 W. Division store. The 2850 N. Broadway Store. AND the 2000 N. Clybourn store. All three reps were reading from the corporate script. "We don't know how many, come early, long lines..." I am hoping that the info some had in this thread came from a manager, becuase hearing from the three I talked to made my hopes dash a bit.
  9.    #49  
    So any windy city'ers have updated saturday plans?

Mine is to be at the Bucktown store (1600 N. Milwaukee) at around 715am. I am hoping this will be plenty early!

If they dont have enough or its a big line ill probably head down to the Clybourn Sprint or the Loop Best Buy.

Thoughts???
    Looks like the Lasalle store will be hosting one of the few premier parties across the nation. (some of you may already know this). Yet they have confirmed that they will not be open saturday for the release despite being the chicago "flagship" store.

Sprint Retail Store
    180 N. La Salle Street, Suite 103
    Chicago, IL 60601
    (Complimentary valet parking available at store front)
    From 7:00-9:00 pm, you will have the chance to meet and take photos with celebrities such as Matt Forte, Running Back for the Chicago Bears! Enjoy wine and light hors d'oeuvres while you purchase your new phone and experience the festivities.

Im planning on heading over to bucktown as well around 7ish, then clybourn if necessary. those two stores should get decent supplies since they are larger corporate stores (which will make a big difference in terms of supply from the people i've spoken too inside sprint).

backup plan is to head back to southloop bestbuy before it opens at 10. They are the only best buy in the chicago area with a "live" demo and according to those earlier leaks (.pdf file) they are getting the most pre's in the area (if you call 20ish alot). the hancock and north ave bestbuys both look like they are getting only 5 or less, ouch!

I honestly think if you get to a large corporate sprint saturday morning around 7ish, that you will probably walk away with a pre. I know a guy at 1600 N Milwaukee, he says probably 75 or more available saturday morning. But don't get me wrong, they will still be sold out by 10, or possibly 8:20 for that matter!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    i rsvp for the premier launch party this friday but plans changed and i wont be able to go.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I went to two corporate and one independent sprint stores today. Both the corporate stores (Clybourn and Devon) gave me the same line - we haven't received the phone yet and don't know what kind of stock level we're going to get. Check back Saturday morning. The independent store (Lincoln and Ashland) said they had about twenty Pres to sell on Saturday.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    The guy I talked to at Lincoln/Devon said they expected to get a lot of stock in, since they are one of the largest stores in the area with the most turnover. So that's a pretty safe bet. Sounds like Bucktown and Clybourn also do a good business and should have a considerable amount.

Plus, I would think Chicago and the other 9 premiere party cities will get the lion's share of the shipments, right?

I only plan on going to one store (hopefully), and if they run out, I'll get on a waitlist for the next shipment. Which hopefully will come soon, if the rolling shipments rumor turns out to be true...

Good luck all!
    I was thinking the store on Lincoln wouldn't have stock as they aren't a "real" sprint store.. good to know.

I don't have our car tomorrow so I think I'll only be able to get to one location, not quite sure what my best bet will be, or how early to get up. I got burned getting to an AT&T store 2 hours early for the iphone.. hard to tell if this will be the same
  15.    #55  
    Anyone attempting to get into the Lasalle premier party tonight?

Probably not going to be able to get in but if your in the area its worth a shot.
    I thought about it, but I completely expect them to be checking *something* at the door.. that plus the fact I'm not a current sprint customer can't bode well.. Then again, what's the harm in trying
    Quote Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
    i rsvp for the premier launch party this friday but plans changed and i wont be able to go.
    I'll go for you
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Do we think Matt Forte will actually show up to the party tonight, after getting injured in practice the other day?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdrackett View Post
    I'll go for you

id give it to you but it says it need id confirmation.
  20.    #60  
    Just want to inform peeps that i spoke with the Bucktown store and the Clybourn store today and they both said they are open at 8am for EVERYONE and have a "good amount."

Just wanted to clarify with all of these "premier only customer" hours floating around.

If you hear different or confirmation from other stores let us know plz!
    Last edited by mikeh20; 06/05/2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast