Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I also spoke with the Bucktown store a few hours ago (1600 N. Milwaukee) and they said they will have "ample stock to last several days with another shipment at the beginning of the week."

He said most likely they will have the most of any Chicago store Saturday as the "flagship" Chicago store at 180 N. Lasalle is closed on weekends.

This may be a better bet than the Division store but either should work well and shouldn't be a hassle...fingers crossed!
    Sweet! This is down the street so I was planning to hit it up on Saturday morning. If not there, the one on Division.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    Anybody in the Tyson's Corner or Dulles, VA area going to wait in line for a Pre? I'm getting a mum's the word response from all that I spoke to in both Sprint stores I visited.
    This is the Chicago, IL thread
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    FYI anyone in the west burbs.... the store out there will have atleast 50 (can't speak for the 59/aurora store)
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantCalibre View Post
    Sweet! This is down the street so I was planning to hit it up on Saturday morning. If not there, the one on Division.
    I'm right by this store too. If they are out I'll be heading over to 1 W. Division or Lincoln/Devon.

Anyone heard anything about the 2000 N Clyborn store? They seem to be one of the main stores on the north side.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    Anyone heard anything about the 2000 N Clyborn store? They seem to be one of the main stores on the north side.
    Give them a ring this morning and let us know

Both stores i talked to were very nice and willing to offer up information as long as you are nice too!
    I will be hitting the plainfield store. Please come after 9am..as il be there at 8 to get my two pre's.

It looks like plenty of shoppers here from Chicago. Anyone going to Walmart or Best Buy? Please leave your feedback here after your purchase.
    Hello everyone - I have been reading this forum for a long time now and I am very excited to ditch AT&T and my iPhone for the Pre come Saturday. I live in Elmwood Park (Northwest Burbs) and will be hitting up a non-corporate sprint store on North Avenue and Harlem on Saturday at around 6 am with my bride to be (we are both really excited about this phone!)

there is a corporate store down the street from there as well - so I got options!

Sorry to get off topic but for those of you already with Sprint - how do you find reception in Chicago? My AT&T is terrible.
    Apart from a few dead spots, my 3 years with Sprint have been great. You really cannot beat the value of their plans. The only bit of Caveat Emptor, be mindful of your bill. I've had mine come out as outrageous as $2500+.

For the majority of my time with Sprint, i've lived near the western suburbs. I am sure Elmwood park would be no exception.

Update: To be fair, the 2500 bill resulted from changes to the plan, specifically when I added my wife onto the plan. It was an error on their part, which they recognized. Sprint Customer service is pretty good with working with you on resolving these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcorrado View Post
    Sorry to get off topic but for those of you already with Sprint - how do you find reception in Chicago? My AT&T is terrible.
    I get great service in the city, though I wouldn't mind if Sprint followed the lead of some other cellphone providers and outfitted the CTA subways downtown for service. I hate losing the Pandora streaming on my BB when I go underground!
    Quote Originally Posted by pcorrado View Post
    The main reason I want to throw AT&T to the curb is because of reception. There is a 2 mile strip from uptown to edgewater that is a dead zone. I get not reception in my house... even when it shows "3 bars," I get bad to terrible call signal.

My buddy has the same issue just north of me. TMO works flawless though, so, it's not becuase of buildings, it's just tower location.

I have no real beef with the iPhone, except that it doesn't multitask. Something I loved about my Treo 600/650. Treo 650 + TMO was the best. I hope Sprint's Uptown coverage is good. Anybody in Uptown with Sprint?
    That good news with AT&T today my fiancee lost service for like an hour - just no service and no reason for it - it wouldn't be a big deal except that it's happened to both of us in the past - almost every week in fact. Of course, that nothing compared to the dropped calls, poor call quality, and slow data it is time to move on!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantCalibre View Post
    I get great service in the city, though I wouldn't mind if Sprint followed the lead of some other cellphone providers and outfitted the CTA subways downtown for service. I hate losing the Pandora streaming on my BB when I go underground!
    I've been looking for answers about this and nobody has been able to help. A few years ago the CTA got CDMA service and US Cellular was the provider, I could get a roaming signal and had vx/data on the subway. Then I stopped being able to make/receive calls but I still had data. Now the data is gone too. I called the CTA and they were clueless. I called Sprint and explained the situation. They then asked what zip code is the subway in? They were unable to comprehend that I was asking about coverage not on a random street corner.

Does anyone else know what happened with the Sprint/CTA/US Cellular roaming agreement? Or whom at Sprint who even knows what a subway is (besides a restaurant) and would where to figure out if we are supposed to have service there? Does anyone have service on the subway?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    All this stuff cracks me up. I called 2 corp stores and they had no idea how many they are getting. They also said even if they did know, they aren't allowed to tell me.

Good luck to all on Saturday though, including myself.
    anyone heading to the orland park sprint or best buy???
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I also spoke with the Bucktown store a few hours ago (1600 N. Milwaukee) and they said they will have "ample stock to last several days with another shipment at the beginning of the week."

He said most likely they will have the most of any Chicago store Saturday as the "flagship" Chicago store at 180 N. Lasalle is closed on weekends.
    On the Sprint store locator, the 180 N. LaSalle store is the only store listed as having "special hours on 6/5". I don't think it will be closed - the locator said it would be selling the Pre on 6/6. Tried to call to confirm, but was unable to get anyone to pick up there.

And I apologize for any misinformation in my previous post - I was thinking of the 19 S. LaSalle store when I said it was a reseller. The 180 N. LaSalle location is definitely a corporate store. 19 S. LaSalle will be open on 6/6 early and selling Pre on a first-come first-serve basis. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    I'm in the north suburbs of Chicago. I'll be at the store 0600 sharp.
    Which north chicago suburb are you in?? Me too!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    FYI anyone in the west burbs.... the store out there will have atleast 50 (can't speak for the 59/aurora store)
    dude which store?
    Quote Originally Posted by icenyekah View Post
    Which north chicago suburb are you in?? Me too!
    I live in Wilmette, be hitting up the Skokie store on Skokie, south of Golf.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    I've been looking for answers about this and nobody has been able to help. A few years ago the CTA got CDMA service and US Cellular was the provider, I could get a roaming signal and had vx/data on the subway. Then I stopped being able to make/receive calls but I still had data. Now the data is gone too. I called the CTA and they were clueless. I called Sprint and explained the situation. They then asked what zip code is the subway in? They were unable to comprehend that I was asking about coverage not on a random street corner.

Does anyone else know what happened with the Sprint/CTA/US Cellular roaming agreement? Or whom at Sprint who even knows what a subway is (besides a restaurant) and would where to figure out if we are supposed to have service there? Does anyone have service on the subway?
    You noticed too??! Until last August I was able to send/recieve texts underground. I upgraded to a Blackberry w/a dataplan and I thought losing the ability to roam underground was device-related.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmod View Post
    On the Sprint store locator, the 180 N. LaSalle store is the only store listed as having "special hours on 6/5". I don't think it will be closed - the locator said it would be selling the Pre on 6/6. Tried to call to confirm, but was unable to get anyone to pick up there.

And I apologize for any misinformation in my previous post - I was thinking of the 19 S. LaSalle store when I said it was a reseller. The 180 N. LaSalle location is definitely a corporate store. 19 S. LaSalle will be open on 6/6 early and selling Pre on a first-come first-serve basis. Good luck!
    I was told by the 180 lasalle store that they are closed. The division store informed me that the Lasalle store was the Chicago flagship store but they would still be closed over the weekend.

Let us know if you hear anything different...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast