Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    TeckieGirl and the Pre

While I was doing my daily browsing on the net I noticed all the new reviews of the Pre. Wow! Maybe I should try my hand at getting an interview and a look at the Pre. It is clearly the most sought after device since the eh-phone that launched a few days ago.

So here goes. I made my appointment around 2 after eating my delicious lunch of pepperoni pizza after my chores. ( I was cleaning after 2 dogs, 2 cats and a full grown man.)

I don't think I've ever gotten dressed that fast since the day I got married! I wanted to be on time and fresh for my appointment. I got the appoinment under the condition I would not take any pictures. I took a cab into one of the sprint stores near me. I wore my hair down and my tightest t- shirt I could find.

And as I entered the door, all I saw was Pre...and it was everywhere! It was on the large TV screens, on posters... There were two exact mock versions in a locked case.

Then I saw it!! I actually touched the Pre!! Got one flick in and.... He immediately snatched it from me then it got locked out of site. The pre advocate said, "There you saw it." My mouth hung opened. I guess the t-shirt didn't work.

"I am sorry... I wasn't supposed to let even you do that. But I would be happy to give you a review." So I listened to what he had to say. At least I did get to see it. I should be happy; but I want it even more. Well... this is what he said about the Pre and 4G coming out.

"First of all the Pre is does not have plastic feel. It’s very light and delicate." The minute I held it, it felt no different than my blackberry, but it was very light.
    The advocate also said the screen was a knockout and was very responsive to touch. The size of the pre actually fills up my whole hand, while guys it will sit and literally be in the “palm” of yours

I asked about the app store: “ It will be running on launch”. There are a few apps on it now; the same ones you have seen on the site; and more are coming during the launch. Everything will be downloading all at once.

The infamous touchstone dock it was in the store! OOOOH! But he refused to take it out of the box. But he said he has tried it and it does a great job charging up. Speaking of charging up, I asked about battery life. With careful use it is comparable to a blackberry. And he has tried the sync with iTunes and it works.

I can I tell you about the screen? The screen is AWESOME!!! And the flicking up the apps was very cool…during the millisecond I had it. And when I mean snatched it...he snatched girl. One flick was all I got.

4G will start with air cards first late this summer; and 4G will be launched throughout the system the in the named cities on the list this fall.
    Well that was my Palm Pre adventure today. No salespeople were hurt during the interviewing of the Pre. But boy did I want to snatch back.
    This is my souvenir of my trip; they gave me a store display of the pre…Good luck on Saturday.

TeckieGirl40's Digital Bites ETC's Blog - Windows Live
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    Pretty good review.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    This post useless without pics (in tight shirt)
    fascinating.
    Even though it was just a glimpse, I find my self full of jealousy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Now, now where are your manners boy?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Thanks for wasting 5 min's of my life reading that ..........make up for it NOW with some tight shirt pics...j/k
    Still don't understand why Sprint and Palm are being so secretive. Why don't they try and build more excitement, try and lock in launch day sales?
    Haha.. Great story and mini review. Should have got a little mock-up out of paper and cardboard and placed it where that pre was, and grabbed the real one and took off into a corner to play.

So, this phone is delivering up to the hype, correct? I mean, as far as you're concerned?
    I have to wonder about this, given the 4G has already launched in a couple of markets, what else in this "review" is inaccurate?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Get out more sonny... You need twins? Google is your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I have to wonder about this, given the 4G has already launched in a couple of markets, what else in this "review" is inaccurate?
    Inaccurate? Um, how about it wasn't.. She or he never said it wasn't out. It's been "tested" in a few markets, and will roll out more this year. Was that so hard for you to comprehend?
  13.    #13  
    Yes, it is BEYOND wonderful. I was really upset I could not buy one right then and there. They tried to comfort me with the paper store model. You will not be disappointed. If you are you need to get your head examined. I have a blackberry, and thats all I have used. I love items that are different, unlike the iphone. This is brilliant!!!
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Now, now where are your manners boy?
    it would be rude not to ask

Thanks for your brief impression Techie
    Perhaps a tight low-cut V-Neck T would have been in order?!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    You GO girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by TeckieGirl40 View Post
    4G will start with air cards first late this summer; and 4G will be launched throughout the system the in the named cities on the list this fall.
    TeckieGirl40's Digital Bites ETC's Blog - Windows Live
    But I already have a laptop with Wimax 4G embedded and Sprint 4G service It's been out since this past winter in a few cities officially and less-officially in some others.
    I think you're using the word "review" a bit too liberally.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    These folks are giving better review than all the "Apple" sites out there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast