Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I secured my Pre today. My local Sprint store (non-corporate) will be getting 20 this Saturday and I made it at #8.

He suggested to come and fill out/sign all the paper work so i'm ready to go on Saturday.

For those of you porting, you'll need to have your current providers account# and your SS#.
    I did the same thing. . .was number 4 on the list. . .non-corporate store.
    btw...where are you located in NY?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I'm in upstate ny.
    Losers...not really, I'm just jealous. My local non-corporate store has no waiting lists, is expecting about 10 pres, and in fact even said that their first shipment is reserved for brand-new activations ONLY. Yeah, this guy sucked, and he may have been lying anyway, but he SAID that the first shipment was new customers only, and upgrades would have to wait for another shipment or he could order it and have it shipped to my house.

The variation in non-corporate Sprint store policies is funny: you guys get phones the first day, supposedly guaranteed, and I got a store that won't even sell me one the first day.

But the corporate stores (which are closer anyway) say they should have "plenty" available, and just to come in early and pick one up, so that's where I'm going.
    I'm 13 of 25, also at a non-corporate store. Do you think only non-corporate stores are doing this. it seems like the corporate stores are on a very tight leash.
    I will be on a float trip in BFE Misery the day of the release. I called ahead to the nearest Sprint store (90 minute drive from the camp site!) and they put me on their "list". Immediately after getting off a canoe, I will be making a run to that store ASAP!
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Losers...not really, I'm just jealous. My local non-corporate store has no waiting lists, is expecting about 10 pres, and in fact even said that their first shipment is reserved for brand-new activations ONLY. Yeah, this guy sucked, and he may have been lying anyway, but he SAID that the first shipment was new customers only, and upgrades would have to wait for another shipment or he could order it and have it shipped to my house.

I'm jealous too! None of the small non-corporate stores around me have waiting lists. Either does the Best Buy in town. The closest Wal-Mart that even sells Sprint is 45 mins away and they won't have any on launch day. Two of the stores said that if they do get them it would only be for new accounts (the others didn't say whether or not that's the case because they definitely aren't getting any). But they did say to come in on Saturday and they could order one on my account for me (not sure what that means - like order it online???) and that I would have it on Monday. Or I can put my name on a list, they'll order Monday and I'll have it by Wednesday.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I'm 13 of 25, also at a non-corporate store. Do you think only non-corporate stores are doing this. it seems like the corporate stores are on a very tight leash.
    I spoke to the store manager at a corporate store and he said non-corporate stores can do whatever they want to do. Unfortunately, the corporate stores can not do pre-orders or reserve lists.
    I posted this in a couple other threads, but just to add to the info here ...

I called three stores and below are the responses I got.

Store #1 Response (NOT Corporate)

He told me he would definitely run out. He said that he had 377 people on the waiting list, and then he asked me to guess how many they are sending him. I guess 50 and he laughs and loudly tells me 25! He said that he could take my order and it would be fulfilled in 3-5 days. I thanked him and asked him if they had one in store. He said no, but he was trained on it and said it was beautiful and worked really well (responsive, etc.).

Store #2 Response (Corporate)

We are not sure how many we are getting in yet, and we do have a list, but to be honest with you our store is not going to even use the list or give people with a letter preferential treatment. It would be too difficult. If we get 50 phones we will let the first 50 have them, so if there is more than 50 in line the 1st 50 will get them. I suggest you just be here before 8 and wait in line Saturday. By the way, she said they would let a person purchase two for a family plan as long as they were activated in store.

Store #3 Response (NOT Corporate)

Come in and pre-pay (no pun intended) or put a deposit down and I'll hold it for you. Just stop in Saturday and pick it up at your leisure. I told him I would be p***ed if I paid for or put a deposit on one and it turned out he didn't have one available. He assured me he would.

The bottom line is I still have no idea what to believe. I definitely think there will be quite a difference in how corporate and non-corporate stores can/will handle it though.
    My wife called a local non-corporate Sprint store. The guy said they started taking deposits today to secure a phone Sat. When I arrived, he confirmed that they will be getting 12 and accepting deposits for 6, the other 6 will be FCFS. There was a guy putting the deposit down when I came in; I put down for 2. He "absolutely guaranteed" me a phone this Sat. Hmmm we'll see.
    <crossing my fingers>
    Quote Originally Posted by jp700p View Post
    I'm in upstate ny.
    Me too...we may both be going to the same store, because I went in today and they said 8 people have made deposits so far and you said you were #8 on the list.
    What is a non-corporate Sprint Store? Is this just a Sprint reseller store and not an official Sprint Store?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    What is a non-corporate Sprint Store? Is this just a Sprint reseller store and not an official Sprint Store?
    It's a privately owned store rather than owned by Sprint Corporate.
    I did my deposit on the 29th at the Santa Maria, CA store. The other advantage is non-corporate stores can hold an event on Friday if they want - such as this one. They will be re-opening at 6PM and staying open till midnight. And of course just to make sure, I still have one ordered through work - you can NEVER be too safe!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Me View Post
    It's a privately owned store rather than owned by Sprint Corporate.
    Thanks, I'm wondering is there a way to find a list of these stores?
    Go to Sprint Store Locator and it will give you the non-corporate stores as well. If it says 'sprint store' then it's a corporate store. if it says 'sprint store by ...' then it's a non-corporate.
    When you search on Sprint using their store locator, the corporate stores will just say Sprint. The non-corporate stores will say Spriny by xxx.
    My nearest store said its First Come, First Serve!!

Guess I will have to rely on my size if push comes to shove!
    I secured mine today to got a really good friend at a sprint store (non corporate) and lets just say mine is tucked away in the back plus she is the manager there so i am good.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast