Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. #21  
    spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam lovely spam
  2. #22  
    There's a few of these companies out there. I've never done a review search for any of them. When I bought my Treo Pro from NewEgg I bought the Service Net insurance agreement: 1 year: $45.99 2 year: $125.99 it covers:

    Service Net Day 1 Handheld ADH Warranty Plan

    If your product becomes inoperable due to an accident from handling, it will be replaced at no charge to you

    * Accidental Damage from Handling begins at the time of purchase.
    * Mechanical failures are covered after manufacturer’s warranty expires (except 1 yr ADH plan)
    * Should your product need to be replaced, a replacement product will be shipped to you at no charge and the contract will be considered fulfilled.
    * You may need to send in your product to validate ADH or mechanical failure. All shipping expenses are covered.
    * Customer Support is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
    * The Contract is fully transferable.
    * Coverage is provided by Service Net.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  3. #23  
    I wonder if you could buy the insurance now before you buy the phone...reason why I ask is there is a 30% off right now, the code is EARLYSUMMER

    However, it says the deal is ending today and after today until the 7th of June its only 20% off.
  4. #24  
    Doing other coverage is cheaper than the cell phone rates, I might try to confirm in writing that my Pre will be covered under that other electronics plan before I do it.
  5. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #25  
    I've said it before and I'll say it again for those who are thinking about SquareTrade: GET A FLOATER POLICY WITH STATE FARM!! There. All better now.

    What's that? You don't know what that is? Ok, I'll bite. It's cheap (around $3-$4/month), and covers EVERYTHING. No deductible. What's that? Are you smiling? You're welcome. And umm... no thank you note required.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again for those who are thinking about SquareTrade: GET A FLOATER POLICY WITH STATE FARM!! There. All better now.

    What's that? You don't know what that is? Ok, I'll bite. It's cheap (around $3-$4/month), and covers EVERYTHING. No deductible. What's that? Are you smiling? You're welcome. And umm... no thank you note required.
    That's came up before with State Farm. Some people said they got a policy through State Farm and others said they called State Farm and were told no.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  7. #27  
    I'm getting TEP on my Pre, but I had SquareTrade on my ipod touch. It had an oopsie dropped shattered screen a month after I got it, and I have to say SquareTrade took really great care of me.

    They sent me a prepaid box, and sent me back my repaired ipod touch in a few days. They didn't even charge me the deductible they were entitled to because it was my fault. (I have no idea why). Overall I was very satisfied with the service.

    I like that TEP covers me loosing my phone, and they swap out at a Sprint store.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again for those who are thinking about SquareTrade: GET A FLOATER POLICY WITH STATE FARM!! There. All better now.

    What's that? You don't know what that is? Ok, I'll bite. It's cheap (around $3-$4/month), and covers EVERYTHING. No deductible. What's that? Are you smiling? You're welcome. And umm... no thank you note required.
    Do you have a link to the terms of such a policy? I'd like to know the full extent of the coverage and service involved with it.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again for those who are thinking about SquareTrade: GET A FLOATER POLICY WITH STATE FARM!! There. All better now.

    What's that? You don't know what that is? Ok, I'll bite. It's cheap (around $3-$4/month), and covers EVERYTHING. No deductible. What's that? Are you smiling? You're welcome. And umm... no thank you note required.
    Aren't you the insurance expert? Realize that depending on the number of claims, they can very easily drop you.

    This is specially true for people (like me) living in coastal areas.
  10. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Do you have a link to the terms of such a policy? I'd like to know the full extent of the coverage and service involved with it.
    I don't, but a co-worker told me about it years ago, and I've had it for two years insuring my iPhone. Don't think you can get it as a standalone thing, but if you are insured with them for anything else (they have my renter's insurance policy), you can get it. Car, House, Boat, anything really. It's truly anything- accidental damage, theft, anything. No deductible. Nice policy, huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Aren't you the insurance expert? Realize that depending on the number of claims, they can very easily drop you.

    This is specially true for people (like me) living in coastal areas.
    I live in Southern California, close to the beach- what does that have to do with anything? I had spaghetti for dinner if I misunderstood somehow, and you're just spouting off random facts.
    And they can't drop you if you're paying for it- you're not going to wake up, lose your Pre, call State Farm, and find out you've been dropped. By all means- DON'T get the policy. But SquareTrade is a rip off, and State Farm isn't. Do your due diligence- what I say is true.
  11. #31  
    When this State Farm Insurance protection came up, I called my agent, but it was after 7pm CST and they were closed.

    I've had State Farm for 25 years for two cars and my house. I'll call him again tomorrow and get the scoop on this.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  12. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko View Post
    3 years worth of coverage?? Who will keep a phone that long?

    With the 20% off discount he found, if you only kept the phone for:

    36 months=$2.33/mo
    24 months=$3.50/mo
    18 months=$4.67/mo
    12 months=$7.00/mo Same as Sprint

    Cheers
  13. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    When this State Farm Insurance protection came up, I called my agent, but it was after 7pm CST and they were closed.

    I've had State Farm for 25 years for two cars and my house. I'll call him again tomorrow and get the scoop on this.
    Do it. Highly recommended. Technically, it's called a "personal articles policy", and you can insure whatever you want. I insure my laptop, my digital camera, my phone, and my watch. I consider it an "in case of" policy- in case someone mugs me, in case I leave something somewhere, in case I or a friend breaks something, etc. They already repaired my cracked iPhone screen, no questions asked.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    ...

    I live in Southern California, close to the beach- what does that have to do with anything? I had spaghetti for dinner if I misunderstood somehow, and you're just spouting off random facts.
    And they can't drop you if you're paying for it- you're not going to wake up, lose your Pre, call State Farm, and find out you've been dropped. By all means- DON'T get the policy. But SquareTrade is a rip off, and State Farm isn't. Do your due diligence- what I say is true.
    I dont think you understand his objection.

    Making insurance claims that are reported on your CLUE report can effect your future insurability. Many people would not risk that for a few hundred dollar claim on a phone and prefer to get coverage elsewhere.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I dont think you understand his objection.

    Making insurance claims that are reported on your CLUE report can effect your future insurability. Many people would not risk that for a few hundred dollar claim on a phone and prefer to get coverage elsewhere.
    Can you explain this CLUE report more?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  16. #36  
    Squaretrade doesn't cover lost or stolen phones.
  17. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #37  
    big difference for is me that sprint covers loss and stolen phones and its much easier just to report it lost and have a new replacement sent.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Can you explain this CLUE report more?
    It is like a credit report, but it covers your insurance history rather then your credit history.

    Frequently Asked Questions About C.L.U.E.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I live in Southern California, close to the beach- what does that have to do with anything? I had spaghetti for dinner if I misunderstood somehow, and you're just spouting off random facts.
    And they can't drop you if you're paying for it- you're not going to wake up, lose your Pre, call State Farm, and find out you've been dropped. By all means- DON'T get the policy. But SquareTrade is a rip off, and State Farm isn't. Do your due diligence- what I say is true.
    You are the definition of daftness. Let me spell it out for you:

    - coastal regions, specially in the US, have hurricanes. When's the last time you spotted a hurricane off the coast of California?

    - due to these elevated risks (wind, flood, etc), insurance policies in this region are orders of magnitute more regulated than the rest of the country. It is a known fact that insurance companies will drop coverage at the slightest indication of frivolous claims.

    //edit: for more info, see bryanharig's post on CLUE, a few posts above mine.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    big difference for is me that sprint covers loss and stolen phones and its much easier just to report it lost and have a new replacement sent.
    biggest question for TEP is when will the replacements be available for lost/stolen phones. Sprint/Palm have already stated and expect a shortage of Pre's.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions