Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    That stinks. One Pre per account is what the Sprint Corporate store in my area just told me. Guess I won't be getting one for both me and my wife as originally planned.

I am also getting bummed about all of this wating in line crap. Geez, I'm a S|P customer with five lines of service and on the store waiting list (which has turned out to be a joke) and IT AIN'T EVEN GONNA MATTER UNLESS I CAMP OUT.

Sucks. I want the phone badly, especially since my Centro busted four weeks ago, but I ain't campin' out.
    I was planning on getting one for my wife as well.. I don't understand because we are both out of contract.. I will see if best buy will give me two, if not I will see it the business contact I have been talking to will be able to order one for her.. We will see..
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    *Sigh....* It's just a phone.... life will go on...
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    So are they saying there cant be more than one pre on an account or just cant get them both at the same time on launch day?

I was going to go to the Sprint store to get mine and my gf is within her 30 day window on a new curve we bought at best buy as an upgrade. Was thinking of heading over to Best Buy after I get mine at the Sprint store and see if I could exchange the curve for the pre on her line.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    So are they saying there cant be more than one pre on an account or just cant get them both at the same time on launch day?
    They said that I will not be able to purchase another one until the SECOND shipment comes in...whenever that will be.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    *Sigh....* It's just a phone.... life will go on...
    True enough. I'm kinda glad it's MY Centro that broke cuz now my excuse to get my Pre before hers is that I do not have a phone.
    If both of you are in line you will be able to get it. If both of you are out of contract, both would be able to get it at the $199 which includes the $100 rebate. If only one of you is eligible, you would have to buy one with the discounts and one without. They can't tell you if there are two people there. He is right if you were the only one picking it up. At least that's what I was told at my Sprint Corporate store.
    Palm and Sprint are both so successful, that they don't want to take your money. Instead, they would rather have the news report about shortages.
    Can't you take your wife with you on Saturday? For the record, the only limitation being noted is the one Pre per person rule.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Can't you take your wife with you on Saturday? For the record, the only limitation being noted is the one Pre per person rule.
    Yeah, wish I could. But she's got another commitment. Oh well, hopefully the second shipment will come soon.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I was told the same thing from my Sprint Store and Best Buy. Even if it's a family plan, only one Pre per account on launch day. So now I have to drag my wife along and there's no guarantee we'll even go home with two.

With geeky stuff then some people just don't understand why it's so cool until you get it for them. (TiVo, iPhone, Rock Band, Pre etc). Forcing her to wait in line isn't going to make the whole phone switch experience very positive.
    My local Sprint store told me no problem, just make sure she is line and he would sell me two.
    Also, I think many of us are starting to panick. Everybody just chill. I know some metro areas could see some long lines, but with all the poor information we are getting, we just need to wait and see what happens on the 6th.
    Yeah, she is a flight attendant and will be out of town.. I will have my 2 year old daughter with me, but I don't think they would believe she is my wife..
    one loaf is better than none. don't be greedy.
    I just called cs and they advised me that as long as the line is eligible to get the pre at a discount price then you can buy it on your account.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I'm sorry for you guys that are going to have to have problems getting one for you and someone else but in my opinion its better to have you both there than to have them not limit it at all and some guy roll up and buy every one of them the store has. That is why they limit new tech items to one per person, to keep the masses happy
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This ****** sucks!! I was planning on signing up for the family plan and now I can't even get two PREs? So they give me one PRE, what happens to the other line? This is complete BS!
    I went to my local franchise store last weekend and they said they ordered 18 phones and were opening at 7am, but that they had a waiting list. I asked to be put on their waiting list. I asked for 2 phones. They put me down for 2. They said I didn't need to worry about being there at 7 since I was on the list. No problems. Maybe because they are a franchise store they don't care how many you get?
    Who knows.. We will all know soon enough I guess
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast