Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    That stinks. One Pre per account is what the Sprint Corporate store in my area just told me. Guess I won't be getting one for both me and my wife as originally planned.

I am also getting bummed about all of this wating in line crap. Geez, I'm a S|P customer with five lines of service and on the store waiting list (which has turned out to be a joke) and IT AIN'T EVEN GONNA MATTER UNLESS I CAMP OUT.

Sucks. I want the phone badly, especially since my Centro busted four weeks ago, but I ain't campin' out.
    Can you tell me which store it is that told you that? Are you in happy valley?
    I Called three stores and below are the responses I got. If you want two, you should be ok from what I can tell as long as they are activated in store. You might even want to try calling a local non-corporate store and see if they'll let you put a doposit down and then pick them up on Saturday. It looks as though many non-corporate stores are doing this.

Store #1 response (NOT Corporate)

He told me he would definitely run out. He said that he had 377 people on the waiting list, and then he asked me to guess how many they are sending him. I guess 50 and he laughs and loudly tells me 25! He said that he could take my order and it would be fulfilled in 3-5 days. I thanked him and asked him if they had one in store. He said no, but he was trained on it and said it was beautiful and worked really well (responsive, etc.).

Store #2 Response (Corporate)

We are not sure how many we are getting in yet, and we do have a list, but to be honest with you our store is not going to even use the list or give people with a letter preferential treatment. It would be too difficult. If we get 50 phones we will let the first 50 have them, so if there is more than 50 in line the 1st 50 will get them. I suggest you just be here before 8 and wait in line Saturday. By the way, she said they would let a person purchase two for a family plan as long as they were activated in store.

Store #3 Response (NOT Corporate)

Come in and pre-pay (no pun intended) or put a deposit down and I'll hold it for you. Just stop in Saturday and pick it up at your leisure. I told him I would be p***ed if I paid for or put a deposit on one and it turned out he didn't have one available. He assured me he would.

The bottom line is I still have no idea what to believe. I definitely think there will be quite a difference in how corporate and non-corporate stores can/will handle it though.
    They said that I will not be able to purchase another one until the SECOND shipment comes in...whenever that will be.
    So they are rationing Pres now? And the loyal, multi-phone Sprint customers are the ones who they expect to make sacrifices for them? No wonder Sprint continues to have quarterly net losses in subscribers.
    That settles it.. I am buying one for me and ordering one for my wife through my works corporate contact.. I am not gonna stress about it..
    They said that I will not be able to purchase another one until the SECOND shipment comes in...whenever that will be.
    Get their name, get the name and number of their Regional Manager. Watch them back peddle fast.
    Bullcrap. I flat out asked them about what I am planning and they said it's fine. I currently have a Touch Pro on a Fair and Flex with data. I'm upgrading to a Share 1500 plan and adding my girlfriend to my plan and getting us each a Pre while porting her over from Verizon. I guess if I have to I will just get hers and get mine later since I already have a decent phone but that would be stupid of them. They are getting an upgrade and a new customer out of us.
    Sprint CS, Sprint Retentions, and the local Sprint store have all told me I can buy two, which I will be doing. I'm not sure why anyone would tell you otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    Sprint CS, Sprint Retentions, and the local Sprint store have all told me I can buy two, which I will be doing. I'm not sure why anyone would tell you otherwise.
    Did you really say you didn't understand how there could be a mis-match between the information provided by Sprint CSes, Sprint Retentions, and a local Sprint store? The answer is simple: Incompetence. But there's no reason to be surprised about it - it happens all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Did you really say you didn't understand how there could be a mis-match between the information provided by Sprint CSes, Sprint Retentions, and a local Sprint store? The answer is simple: Incompetence. But there's no reason to be surprised about it - it happens all the time.
    Well, I expect differences in information like what apps will be available at launch, how many will be in stock, etc.

But why any Sprint employee would ever tell somebody with two lines of service that they can only buy 1 pre is just insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    But why any Sprint employee would ever tell somebody with two lines of service that they can only buy 1 pre is just insanity.
    Agreed - it's just not a unique form of insanity.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I've already got confirmation that I will be able to upgrade both of the lines on my account to Pre's.
    Loogie, that sounds promising. I am going to the sprint store today to ask.
    I was told at my local hole in the wall sprint store that first come first serve. You got lines, we'll sell Pre's. Good policy.
    I like the sound of that! I guess I will just keep asking stores till I find one that gives me the answer I want to hear.
    Ok, new plan.. If I have trouble with getting one for the wife, I will buy one at 8 at the sprint store, and then at 10 I will go to BB and buy and activate one for her. Does that sound like it will work??
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12