1.    #1  
    in this video that was posted on the main site, when this guy clicks the phone or anything else, is it it just me or does it take a little while to come up?

I agree.
    They do take a couple of seconds to start, which is how most phones are. You can see this occur on the iPhone and G1, though they hide it differently. That's just how it is. Android has the yellow circle that spins for a few seconds, the iPhone's screen goes white for a few seconds, and on the Pre it shows the wallpaper for a few seconds. Nothing out of the ordinary.

As for the performance of the apps, the guy is doing anything he can think of as fast as he can, pinching and swiping where it makes no sense. The unresponsiveness you see is him, not the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    They do take a couple of seconds to start, which is how most phones are. You can see this occur on the iPhone and G1, though they hide it differently. That's just how it is. Android has the yellow circle that spins for a few seconds, the iPhone's screen goes white for a few seconds, and on the Pre it shows the wallpaper for a few seconds. Nothing out of the ordinary.

As for the performance of the apps, the guy is doing anything he can think of as fast as he can, pinching and swiping where it makes no sense. The unresponsiveness you see is him, not the Pre.

Calendar, contacts, and the phone app open instantly on my iPhone. There definitely seems to be a delay on the PRE
    We'll agree to disagree, I've seen it with my own eyes that the iPhone will have a white screen for a few seconds. Open your SMS and tell me what happens.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Constant delays (which is what the Pre seems to have on applications) is tolerable, and should in fact become a non-issue. It's when the delays seem to be longer than normal (like what happens with the iPhone apps) that it becomes a perceptible problem.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Calendar, contacts, and the phone app open instantly on my iPhone. There definitely seems to be a delay on the PRE
    That's because those apps are running in the background on the iPhone. I personally predict that I will have the messaging and email apps open all the time on my Pre. Just like I do now on my WinMo phone.
    Small delay I suppose, but this will be a startup delay, which is the same as you get on even a full computer with programs. Same on the iPhone, as people have said. Shouldn't matter because of multitasking though: whereas with iPhone you'll have to wait everytime you start an app up, you won't now...
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Every iPhone app launches with a default screen which is a screenshots set by the developer. This screen is supposed to resemble the initial screen. A couple of seconds later, the actual app will load the initial screen which can respond to user input.

Is it me or do lots of these videos show the charger port door flapping around open? It sounds like something that some people may choose to just tear off.
    I hate those little doors. Why can't they come up with a door that actually stays closed. Stupid little door designer people.

I wonder how this phone will respond after adding a lot of apps to it.
    Seemed pretty responsive to me. I only have a blackberry curve to compare it to.

As far as the charging port flap, I can also see it as something that breaks off or after a while stops fitting just right.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    That's because those apps are running in the background on the iPhone. I personally predict that I will have the messaging and email apps open all the time on my Pre. Just like I do now on my WinMo phone.
    I wonder if the apps that are left in card view appear again in card view when you turn the phone back on?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Is it me or do lots of these videos show the charger port door flapping around open? It sounds like something that some people may choose to just tear off.
    There's an app for that.

Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    For a phone that's supposed to have the hottest new mobile processor in it, the responsiveness seems remarkably mediocre. I wonder if WebOS carries a bunch of bloated overhead with it to account for the program startup delays?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    in this video that was posted on the main site, when this guy clicks the phone or anything else, is it it just me or does it take a little while to come up?

So who are you with BGR and Apple or us? Just kidding.