View Poll Results: Which store are you going to?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint: 5575 N Port Washington Rd (Bayshore)

3 14.29%
  • Sprint: 7850 W Layton Ave (kinda by Southridge)

2 9.52%
  • Sprint: 2905 S 108th St (Hwy 100)

4 19.05%
  • Sprint: 16075 W. Bluemound Road (Brookfield Sqr)

4 19.05%
  • Sprint: 15600 W. National Ave (New Berlin)

5 23.81%
  • Sprint: 9124 N. Green Bay Road (Brown Deer)

2 9.52%
  • Sprint: W182n9606 Appleton Ave (German Town)

2 9.52%
  • Best Buy: 4610 S 76th St

1 4.76%
  • Best Buy: 2855 N Mayfair Rd

1 4.76%
  • Best Buy: 19555 W Bluemound Rd

1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Thought I would start a thread for any Palm Pre fans in the Milwaukee area.

We can even do a little organizing for the launch. Who is going to which stores? Don't want to end up all at one store and end up not getting a pre
    I'm not sure which one I'm going to but I just called the one Bluemound Rd and the guy said they've been getting lots of calls so if you want one to get there at least 1- 2 hours early. I might go even earlier - I really want the phone! I wonder if Best Buy has them on Friday if they will sell them then. I went the day before the 30GB iPod came out and they sold me one. I just wanted to know if they were going to be carrying them and they sold me one!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm going to try the one off of Bayshore and the one off of Green Bay and Brown Deer. Hopefully I'll be able to get 2 Pres.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    The girlfriend and I will be going to the one in New Berlin (National and Moorland). I'm jealous since she's getting one on Saturday morning, but I have to wait until July 1st since that is when my 1 year is up.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, quick question: Is our area having a Pre Party on Friday?

My wife is Premier, so actually she'll be able to get us Pres *IF* they let Premiers purchase early.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig S. View Post
    Oh yeah, quick question: Is our area having a Pre Party on Friday?

My wife is Premier, so actually she'll be able to get us Pres *IF* they let Premiers purchase early.
    I'm a Premier customer as well. As far as I know, there are no events. I called the New Berlin store and Sprint customer service. The guy I talked to at the New Berlin store said he wasn't sure if they were having the Friday night event or not, but if they were, it would be by invite only from an email sent out by Sprint.

Sprint customer service said the same thing, if there is an event, you would get an email invitation and you would need to print that off to get in the store.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Cool. Will just tell my wife to make sure she checks her e-mail this week!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig S. View Post
    Cool. Will just tell my wife to make sure she checks her e-mail this week!
    Yeah, I've heard rumors that they are supposed to go out Thursday this week. But I dunno, that was a from a couple weeks ago I think. A lot has happened since then. I've seen some posts here saying that everything except those few extravagant parties has been canceled.
    So do you think those invites are only going out for premier customers who signed up to receive email notification that it's available and provided the cell number that is the premier line? You'd think they'd have tons of premier customers - they have almost 50 million subscribers.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    So do you think those invites are only going out for premier customers who signed up to receive email notification that it's available and provided the cell number that is the premier line? You'd think they'd have tons of premier customers - they have almost 50 million subscribers.
    Yeah I'm not too sure on that. One of the times I called, they said Premier customers. Another time they said anyone that signed up on the site.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Another Milwaukee member here -- my 1st post, after checking this site for the past few weeks. Already updated my Palm (T|X) Desktop to the latest version (needed for the Data Transfer Assistant), and started moving emails/contacts from Yahoo to Gmail.

This will be my first time "officially" with Sprint. I think Virgin Mobile uses their network, and I've never had a single problem with calls, etc. So I'll be going from about $5/month to $70+/month - gulp! But quick Internet access anywhere/anytime will be worth it to me. I've been tempted by the JobsPhone but did not want to spend $90+/month. I've been with Palm since the start, so I'll def. be looking into the Classic emulator.

Stay away from the Greenfield Layton Ave. store -- that one's mine! There's a Panera Bread store right next to it with free wi-fi that opens at 6:00am, so hopefully I can just linger over breakfast/coffee there until a line starts forming.
    Last edited by Larson; 06/01/2009 at 07:08 PM.
    It looks like we've got the stores pretty well staked out. I'll be at the store a little south of National on Hwy 100.

As far as Premier parties, I don't think there are going to be any in Milwaukee. I really have no information to back that up, but I'm pretty sure there won't be. If there are, congrats to those of you that are Premier customers. I'll still be staking my claim on Saturday morning in front of the store.
    hey guys, im from waukesha. Ill be going to the Brookfield Sprint Store also. I expect a decent line so i will get there between 6-630am. I expect to be walking out around 930-10am with a PRE. Anyone hear anything about quantities available?
    When I talked with two Sprint employees at the Hwy 100 location, they said they only expected 20-30 at their store. I really hope that's incorrect, as it seems kind of low, but that's all I've heard so far.
    yea that does seem pretty low. I have not heard about the Brookfield location yet. I will ask them when i get to work today. I want to know because i dont want to wait in line for 3+ hours and not get a phone.
    Hey Guys. I did my first stop by today at the Bluemound Road store. Talked to a few of the guys (it was very quiet in there) and they are prepared for big crowds Saturday. They played dumb on how much inventory they would have but they did say that they are allowing five pre's per client. That either means that they have plenty of stock or that they will be gone very, very quickly. I'm not sure what I am going to do, I think I will try another store considering the number of people they are expecting. They have had inquiries non-stop.
    Any news from any of the other stores in the area?
    Quote Originally Posted by eightiron View Post
    Hey Guys. I did my first stop by today at the Bluemound Road store. Talked to a few of the guys (it was very quiet in there) and they are prepared for big crowds Saturday. They played dumb on how much inventory they would have but they did say that they are allowing five pre's per client. That either means that they have plenty of stock or that they will be gone very, very quickly. I'm not sure what I am going to do, I think I will try another store considering the number of people they are expecting. They have had inquiries non-stop.
    Any news from any of the other stores in the area?
    that's why i want to be first. i would be soooo pissed if i was 5th in line and the 4 people in front of me each bought 5 and they sold out. i only want one!!!
    plan on going to BB tosa or greenfield myself

any local info on #'s of phones our local bb's will have?
    I requested the numbers for Delafield, Tosa, Brookfield on the other thread where the OP has access to the numbers. He said he should be able to get back to it tomorrow. Does anyone know if there are extended hours at BB?
    Quote Originally Posted by JRock420 View Post
    plan on going to BB tosa or greenfield myself

any local info on #'s of phones our local bb's will have?
    I'm guessing that the BBs won't have much as far as stock. In the lists that are out so far of BB inventory, most stores have between 2 and 8 Pres coming. There are of course a few exceptions, but the odds are that the stores around here won't have very many.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast