View Poll Results: Which store are you going to?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint: 5575 N Port Washington Rd (Bayshore)

3 14.29%
  • Sprint: 7850 W Layton Ave (kinda by Southridge)

2 9.52%
  • Sprint: 2905 S 108th St (Hwy 100)

4 19.05%
  • Sprint: 16075 W. Bluemound Road (Brookfield Sqr)

4 19.05%
  • Sprint: 15600 W. National Ave (New Berlin)

5 23.81%
  • Sprint: 9124 N. Green Bay Road (Brown Deer)

2 9.52%
  • Sprint: W182n9606 Appleton Ave (German Town)

2 9.52%
  • Best Buy: 4610 S 76th St

1 4.76%
  • Best Buy: 2855 N Mayfair Rd

1 4.76%
  • Best Buy: 19555 W Bluemound Rd

1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah I think it seems to be like most Best Buys are getting less than 10, whereas a lot of the Sprint stores are getting like 30 or more.
    there's only eight of us that have posted in the milwaukee thread - i hope we're the only eight waiting in line on saturday! three days and one hour from now the madness will begin!!! good luck to all of you - i hope you all get one. i'm keeping my fingers crossed
    hows it going everyone I just found this thread today. I'm glad to see that there are so few of us in here, hopefully there arent crazy lines on saturday. I will be going to the sprint store on port washington in glendale. Maybe I'll see some of you there.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I've been debating between the Sprint store off Green Bay Rd. and Brown Deer or the one on Port Washington by Bayshore. Hopefully I pick right!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    So has anyone recently called any of the Sprint stores?
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Thought I would start a thread for any Palm Pre fans in the Milwaukee area.

We can even do a little organizing for the launch. Who is going to which stores? Don't want to end up all at one store and end up not getting a pre
    i will be going to the one on
    2905 South 108th Street
    West Allis, WI 53227
    I called the brown deer one and the glendale one. the girl I talked to at the brown deer store didnt seem to know anything at all and the guy at the glendale store said there would be a line but that they were getting plenty of them in. I asked if he knew what time every one was talking about getting there and he said no one has said anything about that to him.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I'll be waiting at the Germantown/Menomonee Falls store. I called them yesterday and the rep told me that they didn't know how many they were going to have, but that they have received a lot of interest so I should show up early.
    I believe the Brookfield Sprint store does the most business out of the stores in the SE wisconsin area. Its because of this that i am going to that one. They base how many PRE's each store gets by how much volume you do. I expect no less then 50 PRE's to be available from them. I am going to do a sweep by around 12 midnight on the 5th to see if anyone is in line, if they are i might hop in line myself. I WILL not be without the PRE for the weekend.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePhone4Me View Post
    I am going to do a sweep by around 12 midnight on the 5th to see if anyone is in line, if they are i might hop in line myself. I WILL not be without the PRE for the weekend.
    I'm doing the same thing, just to make sure. I've never camped out for a product before, so even if this is "just a phone," it'll be fun and something new.
    I am going to try the Brookfield store as well hoping they have the most units. However I will not be doing the Midnight drive by just trying to show up a few hours early. If it is mayhem I will wait for the next batch. Although it would be very sweet to have one day one because I don't fully have confidence in Palm and their supply chain to keep up after the release!
    so, in light of recent news (palm and sprint don't exect a frenzy), is anyone going to to the store any later? or waiting until after 8?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    so, in light of recent news (), is anyone going to to the store any later? or waiting until after 8?
    I'm still going to get there around 6 or 6:30 I think. If there's no line I can just wait in my car until one forms. It's shorter than waiting to ride a new roller coaster!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah I called the new berlin Sprint store (national and moorland). The guy on the other end didn't seem to informed. I asked them if they have received alot of calls and interest and was like "I don't know. I am not sure if we have." So I dunno, but I'm going to take that with a grain of salt. Probably still going to show up at like 6-6:30am Saturday.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Palm Pre stock levels at Best Buy for entire US now leaked in full?

I'm at work and can't download the PDFs. Anyone want to check what the stock levels are for the Best buys in our area?
    Looks like I will be joining some of you at the HWY 100 store Saturday morning. I was holding out hope for a premier email... but my hope is fading....
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bikegirl View Post
    Looks like I will be joining some of you at the HWY 100 store Saturday morning. I was holding out hope for a premier email... but my hope is fading....
    Yeah if we haven't gotten it now, I don't think we will at all.
    Just thought I'd mention that the Best Buy at Mayfair (on HWY 100) has Pres there. I went there last night with my wife and brother/sister-in-law to see if we could get them to let us see one.

To my great surprise, the Best Buy mobile guy pulled one out from their storage(it was a working phone but not activated). Needless to say, I was in shock. It was really awesome to finally get to hold the device and get a feel for it, even if I couldn't actually use it. I did turn it on, but it sat at the activation screen (it wouldn't even turn off by holding down the power button). I was able to open the phone app to call sprint customer care so I got to tap around a bit and so on, but that was it. Even that though, impressed me. The software just looks really solid.

I also have to say that the Gizmodo review about the phone being sharp is completely accurate. I slid the phone open and held it in my hand and the first thing I noticed (and this was before I saw anything from Gizmodo) was that the edges on the sides are quite sharp. Not "cut your hand" sharp, but definitely noticeable.

Anyway, the point of this was to say that if you go into the Mayfair Best Buy, there's a good chance that you'll get to play with the phone.

As we were leaving and had given the phone back, I saw the guy trying to turn the phone off as well and he couldn't figure it out...oops.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ^ Good story. That's one of the newest BBs in our area. The old one used to be pretty busy and cramped. I like that one ALOT.

I was hoping we would get the Premier e-mail as well, but looks like we won't. So Saturday, we'll be hitting up every Sprint store on the north side of town in hopes of getting one. If not, we'll just wait. Somehow, I think they'll have plenty for everyone. Just my hunch.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah, so I talked to Sprint customer service over their online chat. And they were able to change my upgrade date form July 1 to June 6. So looks like I will be getting 2 pre's on Saturday. One for me and one for my gf. Although they did say I can only get the full discount if I order it through online chat on Saturday. I'm still going to try and go to the store and see if they'll give it too me. I'll bring the printed conversation and everything.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast