Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    So as June 6th approaches rapidly, I ask myself, what exactly will I need to purchase this phone? Obviously $300+ to cover the cost, but what about ID, succesful credit, etc?

    Can some former Sprint customers enlighten me on how signing up for a new plan works and just what pieces of ID or financial proof I need? Really don't want to wait overnight only to find out I'm missing some important piece of info. Thanks!
  2. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    #2  
    Good question, and I have this addition/modification: I am a current Sprint customer, but will be peeling off our Family plan and going solo on the $70 Everything plan. Our current account is in my wife's name, so I'm assuming that knowing the account number and PIN (+ even the online login info) should be all I need. Is that accurate??

    TIA
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreInsiders View Post
    So as June 6th approaches rapidly, I ask myself, what exactly will I need to purchase this phone? Obviously $300+ to cover the cost, but what about ID, succesful credit, etc?

    Can some former Sprint customers enlighten me on how signing up for a new plan works and just what pieces of ID or financial proof I need? Really don't want to wait overnight only to find out I'm missing some important piece of info. Thanks!
    Yes if your a new customer they will do a credit check and you may have to put a down deposit. If your worried at all and want to know stop by your locak Sprint store. The one in my town was very nice and we went ahead and ran a check and set me up with an account # and a pin # to lock in the down deposit. I was approve for two lines at $50 each so not bad, I've heard anywhere from $50 to $150 is normal for Sprint.

    As for ID things like that, I just brought a drivers license and gave them that along with answering some questions. Don't forget accessories too.
  4.    #4  
    Guess I'll stop my Sprint store to get that done before hand. Thanks for the info!
  5. #5  
    another thing to think about is the spending limit especially on a phone like this.... I haven't heard or read anything on whether the app store will be sprint sponsored or a third party, i may have and just missed it.... but if its sprint you get billed later for downloads which will come from your spending limit
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Good question, and I have this addition/modification: I am a current Sprint customer, but will be peeling off our Family plan and going solo on the $70 Everything plan. Our current account is in my wife's name, so I'm assuming that knowing the account number and PIN (+ even the online login info) should be all I need. Is that accurate??

    TIA
    Mare sure she adds your name to her account as an authorized user.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Good question, and I have this addition/modification: I am a current Sprint customer, but will be peeling off our Family plan and going solo on the $70 Everything plan. Our current account is in my wife's name, so I'm assuming that knowing the account number and PIN (+ even the online login info) should be all I need. Is that accurate??

    TIA
    If the account is in her name - SHE needs to make the changes - I recently converted my wife's phone line from her dad's name to my account (we were both on sprint plans, now she shares my family plans). I had to have her dad's id, and have a written statement from him faxed over saying that it was ok to make the changes, and to put the phone number into her name. If I were you, I'd call and get this squared away NOW, instead of on Saturday. Because, I hate to say this, but if you are the guy in front of me, taking forever, and not having all the right info, I'm going to leap frog over you and grab my new Pre since I have all my account info lined up and ready to go. Early bird may catch the worm, but the prepared Sprint customer snatches the Pre!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    If the account is in her name - SHE needs to make the changes - I recently converted my wife's phone line from her dad's name to my account (we were both on sprint plans, now she shares my family plans). I had to have her dad's id, and have a written statement from him faxed over saying that it was ok to make the changes, and to put the phone number into her name. If I were you, I'd call and get this squared away NOW, instead of on Saturday. Because, I hate to say this, but if you are the guy in front of me, taking forever, and not having all the right info, I'm going to leap frog over you and grab my new Pre since I have all my account info lined up and ready to go. Early bird may catch the worm, but the prepared Sprint customer snatches the Pre!
    That's not how they did it for me. I recently pulled 2 numbers off of a family plan (on my dad's name) and onto a new account (on my name). I did this over the phone, and they allowed me to move the two phone numbers just fine as long as I had the pin/passcode for both accounts. The change of possession of the 2 numbers didn't require the my dad's direct approval, only that I know his pin/passcode. However, they would not let me change his plan, since I was not an authorized user on his account.

    So with his pin, I was able to grab the 2 cell numbers off his account and move them to mine, but he had to change his plan to deactivate the two lines himself. It left the 2 lines active (without phones/numbers attached to them) on his account for an extra day, but no big deal.
  9. #9  
    If you're porting a number from another carrier, make sure to bring a copy of your bill with you. Sprint will need your account number to do the port.
  10. #10  
    Thanks for the info rambo
  11. #11  
    I am on a SERO plan. Can I go in and get the Simply Everything Plan and use a different email address than the one on my SERO account?
  12. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    Because, I hate to say this, but if you are the guy in front of me, taking forever, and not having all the right info, I'm going to leap frog over you and grab my new Pre since I have all my account info lined up and ready to go. Early bird may catch the worm, but the prepared Sprint customer snatches the Pre!
    LOL!! I completely understand!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Posting Permissions