Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    You guys gotta parse the legalese.

Products "such as" the Palm Pre. "AMONG" the first. No guarantee that you can specifically get the Palm Pre or that Premier customers will be the first.

I know...it's a lame trick of perception, but...
    I was thinking the same thing when I re-read my S|P pamphlet. What defines "among the fist with opportunities to purchase when they become available", or "...among the first to flaunt the new gear."?

Crappy, but valid I think.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Looks guys, Sprint's in a bind. They have more interest in the Pre than they can deal with under their first-to-know/first-to-buy clause. Palm and Sprint want a successful launch on the official launch day. Is it more important that you get your phone one day early or that they have a successful launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    You guys gotta parse the legalese.

Products "such as" the Palm Pre. "AMONG" the first. No guarantee that you can specifically get the Palm Pre or that Premier customers will be the first.

I know...it's a lame trick of perception, but...
    i doubt that Sprint would be that stupid to try to assert such an idiotic hair splitting defense. it doesn't fly and i won't stand for it.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i doubt that Sprint would be that stupid to try to assert such an idiotic hair splitting defense. it doesn't fly and i won't stand for it.
    Get it one day early
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Looks guys, Sprint's in a bind. They have more interest in the Pre than they can deal with under their first-to-know/first-to-buy clause. Palm and Sprint want a successful launch on the official launch day. Is it more important that you get your phone one day early or that they have a successful launch?
    conjecture. you don't know what they have or don't have.

and stop trying to defend the indefensible.
    Dreamin' again....How about if we who registered get a text telling us to show it to a rep at any sprint store on Fri. to get one early!!! I remember giving them my email and phone #
    I spoke to 5 sprint stores yesterday and none of them knew anything about email and one even said this isnt the Insticnt launch so NO. If they were doing this Im sure they would have to tell the stores so they can know that hundreds of folks are showing up with emails. Thats just common sense. But ofcourse I wish it were true. But no biggie . Friday night, Saturday , next tuesday . eventually I will probally get it.
    Well, it's later than 6am central, I'm a business premier customer, and I have yet to see an email. I don't care if I don't get a Pre the first weekend. I do care, a bit, that Sprint apparently makes promises it can't and won't keep. We'll see what happens today and tomorrow.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    any reasonable person would interpret that Premier verbiage as simply "first to know, first to buy." period. end of story.
    Uh, ok...I guess the concept of "fine print" is foreign to you. I suppose AT&T keeps their "most bars" promise wherever you go too? I mean, is this the first service claim you've ever read from a business?
    I have no idea what they are attempting to orchestrate behind the scenes. It definiely seems disorganized, but I normally don't pay such close attention to the details surrounding the launch of a new product like I have the Pre.

I think part of the equation is the fact that Sprint, as much as it needs to keep customers, has decided to make a push for and make new customers a priority at launch. This is probably partially due to the fact that they want to get/steal as many as they can before too much information is out on the new iPhone.
    any reasonable person would interpret that Premier verbiage as simply "first to know, first to buy." period. end of story.
    Not if you've ever seen a bait 'n switch ad, which all businesses do.

Every car commercial shows the deluxe model of a car and puts in big print "Starting from $XXXX", then shows the price of the model "as shown" in tiny print....hey, look...it's $5000-8000 more than what was in the big print.

Every retail businesses advertise a range of items as "Starting from $XXXX". Get to the store and what you want is way more than that.

This is advertising/business 101. Consider "among" and "such as" to be Sprint's fine print.
    Well it doesn't look like it is happening. Unless the email comes late tonight, which I doubt. All I want now is an apology from Sprint for messing up, like a statement on their web page or a press release. It should be a public apology about promising something and not following through with their promise. Remember they were the ones that put it in writing with their press release and never came back with another press release stating things changed. Sprint should stop acting like politicians and tell the truth. Just say the demand was higher than they expected, so they decided to let everyone have a chance. I am sure they can give Premier Customers, which includes myself, some other perks.
    @ Gekko - I agree they were not clear with their first to know first to buy verbage. Clearly it doesn't mean what we thought it did. The good news is Premier members can get the touchstone for 25% off (not sure if I want it or not).

@Vaccpalm - A great point. I would love to grab it Friday so I can have it over the weekend, but what's a few more days. With some persistence I think all of the early adopters and rabid fanboys will have their new toy with in a week or two. This is not like the Wii here. There are a number of limiting factors here: You have to be a Sprint customer or willing to join Sprint. That eliminates anyone currently under contract elsewhere who is not willing to pay an early termination fee, and VZ fanboys ("Can you hear me now?"); with their limitless coverage (Jk). So now we are down to a much smaller population, eliminate anyone who is not out of contract with Sprint or unwilling/unable to pay full price for the Pre. We're getting more manageable now. Now eliminate anyone who is not an early adopter or who is afraid of a first generation phone. The numbers are still big and I'm sure there will be lines, but I think we will all be OK. I read somewhere this week that during the first year, Apple and AT&T sold 5,000,000 iphones. Divide that over 12 months and you get ~42,000 per month. I'm sure the curve was huge up front and tales off or plateaus towards the end, but I'm just saying, if Sprint has 100,000 units available, most everyone will be satisfied by the end of next week.

Wow, that was way to long.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    @ Gekko - I agree they were not clear with their first to know first to buy verbage. Clearly it doesn't mean what we thought it did. The good news is Premier members can get the touchstone for 25% off (not sure if I want it or not).

@Vaccpalm - A great point. I would love to grab it Friday so I can have it over the weekend, but what's a few more days. With some persistence I think all of the early adopters and rabid fanboys will have their new toy with in a week or two. This is not like the Wii here. There are a number of limiting factors here: You have to be a Sprint customer or willing to join Sprint. That eliminates anyone currently under contract elsewhere who is not willing to pay an early termination fee, and VZ fanboys ("Can you hear me now?"); with their limitless coverage (Jk). So now we are down to a much smaller population, eliminate anyone who is not out of contract with Sprint or unwilling/unable to pay full price for the Pre. We're getting more manageable now. Now eliminate anyone who is not an early adopter or who is afraid of a first generation phone. The numbers are still big and I'm sure there will be lines, but I think we will all be OK. I read somewhere this week that during the first year, Apple and AT&T sold 5,000,000 iphones. Divide that over 12 months and you get ~42,000 per month. I'm sure the curve was huge up front and tales off or plateaus towards the end, but I'm just saying, if Sprint has 100,000 units available, most everyone will be satisfied by the end of next week.

Wow, that was way to long.
    I hope you got your Sprint Premier card, which for some reason I didn't get on my anniversary. I was told it was sent at your anniversary. I went to a 2 Sprint Owned stores yesterday and was told unless you have the card you couldn't get the discount. Plus you only get a discount off of one item per year. I never saw that in the print up. Again, the way the write release is confusing and misleading. I had no idea Sprint was run by Used Cars Salesmen. On the bright side, the manager of one of the Sprint owned stores told me she could give me 20% on all the accessories I want to buy instead. This manager also said if I did want just the 25% off on one item, she would do that, because she looked up in the system and saw I didn't use the card yet. Buyer beware
    Last edited by dfine1966; 06/04/2009 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I hope you got your Sprint Premier card, which for some reason I didn't get on my anniversary. I was told it was sent at your anniversary. I went to a 2 Sprint Owned stores yesterday and was told unless you have the card you couldn't get the discount. Plus you only get a discount off of one item per year. I never saw that in the print up. Again, the way the write release is confusing and misleading. I how no idea Sprint was run by Used Cars Salesmen. On the bright side, the manager of one of the Sprint owned stores told me she could give me 20% on all the accessories I want to buy instead. This manager also said if I did want just the 25% off on one item, she would do that, because she looked up in the system and saw I didn't use the card yet. Buyer beware
    i got the SP discount card and it does say one accessory per customer.
    @dfine1966 - Good call. I was worried about this, so I wrote an e-mail to Sprint about "misplacing" my card. They said not to worry they can look it up in the system. I'll bring that e-mail along with me. If they won't give me the 25% I'm not getting a touchstone. No biggie. And yes I have read several times that it is only a one time thing.
    Pogey, I'm still holding out hope for an email.

But, just in case, I did pick up a jar of marinade from the store this morning.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Pogey, I'm still holding out hope for an email.

But, just in case, I did pick up a jar of marinade from the store this morning.
    Something tells me Pogey is busy busting some heads for us not getting an e-mail yet.

or he's picking out a hat.

I'm holding out hope.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Are you seriously asking if our own personal wants are more important to us than the perception of a heartless corporation?!?!

This isn't directed at anyone specific but the most annoying thing about being a Mac user are the people who try labeling you as "selfish" for not putting the big corporate teddy bear's needs over your own. They go around celebrating profit margins, justifying price gouging and encourage secrecy that shuts out it's most loyal of fans.

I just don't get it. We are CONSUMERS and we pay good money for these things so our customer loyalty should be worth something. And in this case, if Sprint says "Premiere Customers will get a chance to beat the crowd" then I sure as heck would like that opportunity.

/RANT
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast