Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    You know, if you get the girl all hot and bothered, you better be ready to deliver the goods. Sprint may not get any more lovin' if they don't get this right.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Just some clarification on the Premier Customer Email. These emails are sent out the day before the day before the release date. Meaning, the 4th at around 6 am central time you will see your Premier customer email.

Sprint will not let it's most loyal crowd down, and I have it on good authority,you will see the Pre available for Premier customers on Friday.

Also, Sprint corporate stores WILL have in excess of 30 units, with some receiving 100 or more.

You need not fear, and you most certainly do not need to get in line before Friday even if you are not a Premier customer unless you are going to Best Buy or Radio Shack.

Peace be with you all.
    ok where's my email pogey???
    Quote Originally Posted by richcracker View Post
    11+ year customer with 3 lines...i better get an email.
    13 years +, 3 lines for 10 yrs, 5 for 3. I;m w/ you... i better gert an e-mail. Screw it. I want a personal call from Dan Hesse.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    yap nothing I think we can kiss this whole e-mail thing goodby
    I knew it was too good to be true, but I let myself get excited anyway. Thanks Sprint, this is why you're bleeding customers.
    when did the Instinct "buy early" email arrive relative to its release day? although history doesn't always repeat - it can be a good guide to the future.
    I think it would be pretty cool if for every person that subscribed to be informed online, they ordered a phone for that location. E-Mail would then tell you what store has one of your Pre's. Of course this really has no likelihood of actually happening but it would be very cool.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    The stores will have plenty it seems, so I could care less about an email. I am still just one little $150/mo customer out of 48M. Do the math on that before you puff your chest out about being a long time customer.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    This situation just seems like it could easily be a Premiere screw up. Who's to say everyone on that list actually wants a Pre. And less than 48hrs warning for a Friday night even requires changing weekend plans so it's not impossible for 20 random invites to go unanswered.

It just seems it would make more sense to give the invites last week so stores can accurately figure out a proper invite list and not fully staff a store just for one customer.

The invites to the Pre-Launch Parties weren’t random. Based on longevity, rating, etc. Just being Premier wasn’t nearly enough. Over 100 invites per location..with rsvp’s confirmed by the 30th.
    to me it's general principle. don't promise me things and not deliver. don't promise me early notify and early buy if you can't deliver. don't make promises if you can't or won't keep them. that's how you **** people off. first rule of business - deliver what you promise!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlscott View Post
    The invites to the Pre-Launch Parties weren’t random. Based on longevity, rating, etc. Just being Premier wasn’t nearly enough. Over 100 invites per location..with rsvp’s confirmed by the 30th.
    do not confuse launch parties invites with Premier early buy emails. we don't care about launch parties and they were never promised - what was promised was early notify/early buy as a Premier member "perk".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    to me it's general principle. don't promise me things and not deliver. don't promise me early notify and early buy if you can't deliver. don't make promises if you can't or won't keep them. that's how you **** people off. first rule of business - deliver what you promise!
    Amen to that! There wouldn't even be this topic if Sprint hadn't said so in the first place. If they say they're going to do something, they better follow through, otherwise people will always hold that against them. They would have been better off not making the promise in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    do not confuse launch parties invites with Premier early buy emails. we don't care about launch parties and they were never promised - what was promised was early notify/early buy as a Premier member "perk".

I only mentioned the parties as that is the only method to purchase before the 6th as those are the stores with the stock of over a 100 (mentioned much earlier in the string). I may have misread the previous post.. ,apologies
    I have never heard sprint promissing anything, I know you guys are all upset but lets face it sprint doesn't owe anything extra to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I have never heard sprint promissing anything, I know you guys are all upset but lets face it sprint doesn't owe anything extra to us.
    B.S.

First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I don't think the discussion is about Sprint owing anyone anything extra, but rather about Sprint delivering on their promises to Premier customers.

That being said, there is still time left for Sprint to deliver, so I haven't given up hope yet. It might be a bit last minute on Sprint's part mind you, but I won't hold any grudges
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Even if I get the email at 4 pm tomorrow, that's cool. I'll just go by there on my way home.
    You guys gotta parse the legalese.

Products "such as" the Palm Pre. "AMONG" the first. No guarantee that you can specifically get the Palm Pre or that Premier customers will be the first.

I know...it's a lame trick of perception, but...
    Does anyone remember when we signed up on the Sprint site to be informed when the Pre would be released did we only give them email add. to contact us or did we also enter our zip? Just thinking wouldn't it be great to get an email saying " A Pre has been reserved for you at xyz corp. store nearest to your zip...you have until closing on Fri. June 5th to pick it up...if not it will be sold on Sat."
    Just Dreaming!!!
    Let me see if I hard reset my htc pro if that gets me my email a little quicker.....lol
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast