Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    Here is the press release with the text highlighted. I sent this to corporate. They don't seem to care much.
    I like how it says "longstanding customers," rather than all Premier customers. In my mind, that makes it more possible that we 10+ year customers will get the Pre Friday. Sending the invitation out to all Premier customers would basically move the launch to Friday, which I don't think they'll do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I like how it says "longstanding customers," rather than all Premier customers. In my mind, that makes it more possible that we 10+ year customers will get the Pre Friday. Sending the invitation out to all Premier customers would basically move the launch to Friday, which I don't think they'll do.
    Well... I've been a customer for nine years, I'm NOT a Premier customer (for whatever reason) and I haven't seen any type of invitation.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    that offer has been recinded due to high demand
    Um, isn't "high demand" what they want?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Good catch; I had not noticed that phrase before.
    I think anyone who is expecting an email tomorrow for early purchase is a dreamer. Just sayin'.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Um, isn't "high demand" what they want?
    Suppose they won't have enough stock to meet the demand for those who would qualify to buy "early" (on the evening of the 5th) and still have Pres on hand for Saturday's official launch. It makes sense that if demand is that high they'd pull back and just let it be first come first serve.

I know the largest corp. store here in Utah changed it's tune over the last several days. When the price / release date was announced, they said there'd be an e-mail going out and those who had the e-mail could come Friday evening at 6pm. They also mentioned they were trying to get a feel for how many Pres they'd need to have on hand to meet that demand. As of yesterday, that's no longer the case-- it's first come first serve Saturday morning. No early purchasing on Friday for anyone. I have to wonder if they just couldn't get enough stock to meet projected demand, otherwise I don't think it'd be a big deal to do the Friday evening shindig.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    I think anyone who is expecting an email tomorrow for early purchase is a dreamer. Just sayin'.
    I agree. The store manager at my local Sprint Corporate store said their would be an email, but that would just allow you to reserve a phone on Friday to physically pick up on Saturday. There would be no early sales.
    not that i don't believe the OP, mind you a good hat eating is always fun and all but when i called several stores and got several different answers as have us all i finaly called CS and got a guy who wanted to sell me 2 in anyway he could advised me that the final store level briefings had not been had and no one really knows the real scoop yet. i was told that you could call telesales on the 6th and order and should not have any problems in store either that date. he was stumped at the price i would pay for a phone with the $150 upgrade credit but ranged between $299-$549 before the upgrade. i just had knee surgery so standing in long lines ain't my cuppa joe right now so i will arrive early at a store and check it out. if its too much hassle i'll go take my ham license test and come back later. good luck everyone.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aus1ander View Post
    I agree. The store manager at my local Sprint Corporate store said their would be an email, but that would just allow you to reserve a phone on Friday to physically pick up on Saturday. There would be no early sales.
    Would these emails be store-specific? I live in the LA/Orange County area and there's about 10 different Sprint stores so how do they control inventory if 30 people all go to one store and nobody goes to another?

There's a lot of logistic issues that can come up by them not giving the consumer enough time/info to make a gameplan for their phone purchase. (Especially when you factor in the secretive employees out here who refuse to disclose any info on inventory).
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Would these emails be store-specific? I live in the LA/Orange County area and there's about 10 different Sprint stores so how do they control inventory if 30 people all go to one store and nobody goes to another?

There's a lot of logistic issues that can come up by them not giving the consumer enough time/info to make a gameplan for their phone purchase. (Especially when you factor in the secretive employees out here who refuse to disclose any info on inventory).
    I guess the question you have to ask yourselves is if you get an email will that ensure you the chance to buy or will it guarntee you a phone?

I believe it is the former.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I guess the question you have to ask yourselves is if you get an email will that ensure you the chance to buy or will it guarntee you a phone?
    OR, will the email recipient even want a Pre. We've all signed up to mailing lists out of curiosity rather than intent to buy, but how many people would go rushing out if they got an email saying "Congratulations, you wanted the new Mercedes and we have a special event for you tomorrow. Just bring this email and $98k with you."

It seems it would've made more sense for the local sprint stores to take names and do a lottery from a list of definite buyers than to use a database of maybes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daremo_23 View Post
    i just had knee surgery so standing in long lines ain't my cuppa joe right now so i will arrive early at a store and check it out.
    come on! where is your dedication?? get a wheelchair and sit in line! itll be worth it when you get your Pre!
    11+ year customer with 3 lines...i better get an email.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Well, if the email comes, lets see who can post it here in this thread first!
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aus1ander View Post

What's the difference between "reserving" or buying on Friday. The supposed reason for making us wait till Saturday, is so they don't run out before it goes on sale. But If I were to reserve the phone Friday for Saturday, it's still "sold", so in theory, they still could not have any to sell on Saturday. It seems they would want to sell Friday night if this was the case, to eliminate some of the crowd Saturday morning.
    OK Sprint, the NDAs have expired and the formal reviews are all out. you can send me my Premier "come and buy early" email now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    OK Sprint, the NDAs have expired and the formal reviews are all out. you can send me my Premier "come and buy early" email now!
    Agreed!
    My breath is officially being held!
    Nothing yet. Lets see what happens today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    OK Sprint, the NDAs have expired and the formal reviews are all out.
    Actually, from what I've read, the NDA was supposed to expire tomorrow but because the Wall Street Journal posted early, everyone was allowed to.
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast