Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsnut001 View Post
    pogey i thought you said the day before the day i.e. wed? so the emails will be on thursday ten i take it...
    Day before the day before would be two days before, i.e. Thursday.
    Help clarify: As a Premier customer who registered for the Pre, I can expect an email on Thursday inviting me to buy the phone on Friday at a Sprint store where I live in Cleveland, Ohio?
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsnut001 View Post
    pogey i thought you said the day before the day i.e. wed? so the emails will be on thursday ten i take it...
    sorry man, gotta give ya grief here - i know the air is a bit thinner there

most weeks of the year, 2 days before Sat is Thurs.
    I see pandas.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    Help clarify: As a Premier customer who registered for the Pre, I can expect an email on Thursday inviting me to buy the phone on Friday at a Sprint store where I live in Cleveland, Ohio?
    Dat's what I hear. I do have the condiments for my hat though should I be wrong.
    I really friggin hope your right homie. This anxiety is killing me.
    You eating a hat or getting a Pre a few hours early??? hummmmm that is a toss up!! If you are wrong u should wait till Sat when u get your Pre and use it to Video(oh wait it doesn't have that) I mean take pictures!! I am really torn on this one as long as I get one sometime either Fri or Sat!!
    ok so if i don't have my "come and buy Pre early" email by tomorrow morning at this time i will be pissed. i don't care if it's 6pm friday night or 8am saturday morning, i want to be able to buy it early - well before the unwashed masses.

First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available.
    Spoke with the Pre Rep at the store I always go to (he's also a friend so I trust what he says) he told me on Monday that they will NOT be selling the Pre until the 6th...I hope he's wrong and they just haven't informed the stores yet...we will see this time tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    What percentage of Sprint customers are Premier?

I thought I was special, having been with sprint for 10+ years, but then I learned that you're premier if you've been with sprint for only 3 months and have been paying $69.99/mo. or $99.99/mo. on a minutes-sharing plan. Everyone else is Premier only after 10 years.

Somehow I think opening June 5th to all Premier customers is the same thing as opening June 5th to all customers. I don't think they can do that at this point.
    As I understand it, if you aren't a Premier customer LIVING in the same zipcode as one of the 10 Friday launch party sites, AND you didn't receive a special invite to said party, you have to wait until Saturday to buy it like everybody else.

I think Premier program is only good for giving you full upgrades after one year instead of two. The rest of the "benefits" are mostly BS.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    As I understand it, if you aren't a Premier customer LIVING in the same zipcode as one of the 10 Friday launch party sites, AND you didn't receive a special invite to said party, you have to wait until Saturday to buy it like everybody else.
    That's my understanding too, but that's different from the claim in the originating post.

I'm seeing a lot of people take issue with not being treated special for being a Premier customer. I'm pointing out that there's nothing special about Premier customers in the first place, given how easy it is to be one, so let's stop acting like we deserve something special.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    What percentage of Sprint customers are Premier?

I thought I was special, having been with sprint for 10+ years, but then I learned that you're premier if you've been with sprint for only 3 months and have been paying $69.99/mo. or $99.99/mo. on a minutes-sharing plan. Everyone else is Premier only after 10 years.

Somehow I think opening June 5th to all Premier customers is the same thing as opening June 5th to all customers. I don't think they can do that at this point.
    Reserve judgement until Thursday. There are tiers to the Premier customer thing. Good billing history/longevity trumps 69.99. As a 10 year veteran of Sprint, you will be more likely to get things done than a 3 month user at 69.99.

While getting the Pre guarnteed early before the masses would be nice, I would prefer to get the Pre for 199 and not 549 because I am not eligible. 2 years at 100 dollars and I can't get that done. Not until November, that is.

Please understand that there will only be a small percentage of Premier customers that will want a Pre, and an even smaller percentage that will be eligble for an upgrade.

Point being, that there won't be nearly as many as you think. But if you do not get an email on Thursday, it's all good. We will all just be mad together in line Saturday morning.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I was just called by the folks over at my local Sprint store who cancelled my appointment that I had for the 6th to upgrade my phone to a Pre. They said that they were going to be on a "first come first serve basis". I asked him about the "Premiere Customers can buy one on Friday", and he said that offer has been recinded due to high demand. One has to wonder what good being a long-time Sprint customer and being considered a "Premiere" customer is now that Sprint would rather hype things up with their new handset rather than award their long-time customers with a few perks. An iPhone and AT&T is looking pretty good right about now.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    There are tiers to the Premier customer thing. Good billing history/longevity trumps 69.99.
    It looks like there are 3 tiers. Do you know how this is rated, and is 1 the best or is 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    I was just called by the folks over at my local Sprint store who cancelled my appointment that I had for the 6th to upgrade my phone to a Pre. They said that they were going to be on a "first come first serve basis". I asked him about the "Premiere Customers can buy one on Friday", and he said that offer has been recinded due to high demand. One has to wonder what good being a long-time Sprint customer and being considered a "Premiere" customer is now that Sprint would rather hype things up with their new handset rather than award their long-time customers with a few perks. An iPhone and AT&T is looking pretty good right about now.
    Sorry to hear that. Enjoy your iPhone and thanks for stopping by.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

I think Premier program is only good for giving you full upgrades after one year instead of two. The rest of the "benefits" are mostly BS.
    Any Idea what the 10 Zip codes are? or how to find them?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Enjoy your iPhone and thanks for stopping by.
    Dude, I was kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    ok so if i don't have my "come and buy Pre early" email by tomorrow morning at this time i will be pissed. i don't care if it's 6pm friday night or 8am saturday morning, i want to be able to buy it early - well before the unwashed masses.

First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available.
    where'd that quote come from Gekko??
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    here's one spot on Premier, Sprint Premier

I think what he is quoting is from a newsletter that I can't find find now.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Here is the press release with the text highlighted. I sent this to corporate. They don't seem to care much.
    Attached Images Attached Images