Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    The Sprint corporation is constantly changing what they tell customers about the launch of this phone! Is this ethical and acceptable business practice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    this is false advertising if they don't honor it!

First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available.

Sprint | News Release: Sprint Thanks Customers with Launch of Exclusive Program that Provides Unique Perks and Instant Rewards to Loyal Customers
    Technically they can say since it was a random pool of people selected from Premier members for the parties on Friday, you had an opportunity to be selected to purchase it before hand. Lame... but it's all in the wording.
    When was that news article released?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Technically they can say since it was a random pool of people selected from Premier members for the parties on Friday, you had an opportunity to be selected to purchase it before hand. Lame... but it's all in the wording.
    where's Attorney/Gorilla boy when we need him??????

i'd like to file a class action lawsuit on behalf of all Premier members.
    Class Action Lawsuit...think we could win?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    Class Action Lawsuit...think we could win?
    how can we lose?

i guess we'll just have to wait a couple days and see if sprint is gonna do the right thing for its loyal customers. but i have a funny feeling there gonna drop the ball on this one.
    I have been following some of this on buzzaboutwireless and Sprint really does not seem to have a handle on what they are doing or saying.

I think they are fighting the fact that they don't really have enough stock for a national launch and fear if they allow people to pre-order or honor their word to Premier members they would have many retail stores with no Pre to sell on the 6th...then no impression of a national launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    how can we lose?
    Unpossible!
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I have a feeling that each store could invite only a 15-20 premier members due to the limited physical space in their stores. And no additional invitations will be sent out for 6/5 party (unless they didn't get enough rsvps). :-(
    This really is too bad. Obviously production issues are out of their control, but we should at least get an apology. If I wasn't going to be out of town on launch day, I wouldn't be so disappointed. I would just get in line with everyone else. Whatever I'll get the phone when I get it. When this is all said and done I would appreciate it if Sprint would admit they messed up and apologize to Sprint Premier members. And no I do not want a free ringtone or 30 extra minutes! I want it in writing that they screwed up.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    I have a feeling that each store could invite only a 15-20 premier members due to the limited physical space in their stores. And no additional invitations will be sent out for 6/5 party (unless they didn't get enough rsvps). :-(
    This situation just seems like it could easily be a Premiere screw up. Who's to say everyone on that list actually wants a Pre. And less than 48hrs warning for a Friday night even requires changing weekend plans so it's not impossible for 20 random invites to go unanswered.

It just seems it would make more sense to give the invites last week so stores can accurately figure out a proper invite list and not fully staff a store just for one customer.
    i talked to several people today about my premier status and was told that i am a premier 1. and also that the emails to premier people are random. several told me that so witout proof i think i believe that more then the email in the morning.
    i'll be concerned if i have no "early buy" email after 9am EST Thurs June 4, 2009.
    I talked to all the stores around Columbus, Ohio and all of them deny doing anything for Premier customers. They all say they open at 8, first come first serve. NONE of the stores would even give me a count on how many units they'd receive. They told me that they wouldn't know til saturday. WTF is that? They don't know their stock until the day of release? I just hate how much they bull**** us.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    I talked to all the stores around Columbus, Ohio and all of them deny doing anything for Premier customers. They all say they open at 8, first come first serve. NONE of the stores would even give me a count on how many units they'd receive. They told me that they wouldn't know til saturday. WTF is that? They don't know their stock until the day of release? I just hate how much they bull**** us.
    I called 3 sprint stores today and they all said the same thing. They won't know their stock until 8am saturday morning. Sounds like they have been instructed to not disclose whats available.
    Hmmmm....they won't know stock until opening on Saturday.

If I think on the bright side I might say that Sprint will be sending out Premier invites for the 5th and thus a store would not know how many remaining units they would have to sell on the 6th until after close on the 5th.

One can hope!

Quote Originally Posted by sjones302 View Post
    I called 3 sprint stores today and they all said the same thing. They won't know their stock until 8am saturday morning. Sounds like they have been instructed to not disclose whats available.
  18.    #98  
    I still stand by what I said earlier. Premier Customers will have the opportunity to get the Pre early.

My guess is that stores had the wrath of God put upon them by corporate because they were creating their own "Premier" customers, i.e. employee friends and family. This is why the hush hush nature of the Premier customer release.

If you do not see an email sometime Thursday morning, I will post a pic of me eating my very substantial hat.

Also, if I am wrong, I have some skulls to bust.
    pogey i thought you said the day before the day i.e. wed? so the emails will be on thursday ten i take it...
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I still stand by what I said earlier. Premier Customers will have the opportunity to get the Pre early.

My guess is that stores had the wrath of God put upon them by corporate because they were creating their own "Premier" customers, i.e. employee friends and family. This is why the hush hush nature of the Premier customer release.

If you do not see an email sometime Thursday morning, I will post a pic of me eating my very substantial hat.

Also, if I am wrong, I have some skulls to bust.
    OK, I'm done worrying about this.
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast