Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I'm really curious about the demand between Premiere customers vs regular ones. It's not like it's that hard to be a Premiere so IF this happens then Jun5 may have more sales than Jun6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I'm really curious about the demand between Premiere customers vs regular ones. It's not like it's that hard to be a Premiere so IF this happens then Jun5 may have more sales than Jun6.
    a lot of Premier customers may care about the Pre but not enough to go out of their way to show up at 6pm on a Fri night with only a few days advance notice. many may not care at all or are not ready or eligible yet to upgrade. my WAG statistic posted in the past was that for every 10,000 "buy early" Premier emails Sprints sends out, they will only get 1 EARLY Pre sale (actual transaction) on that Fri June 5.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Actual availability of the Pre Friday night will be limited, as they will be trying to drum up the expectation for a major scale launch on the 6th.

To your point of Premier Vs. "Regular", it's not a matter of higher demand. It's a matter of showing loyalty to the customers who pay the most.

A "Regular" customer with Sprint will not be left out because they have to wait till the 6th. About 2/3's of the inventory will be for Saturday.

So, everyone should be happy, unless they go to Best Buy or Radio Shack.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I can honestly say that Bono isn't why I would be there, but U2 would be. Politically, I couldn't find a more polar opposite to myself, but musically, would be nice to be there.
    Who cares about your politics or his? Nobody asked. But I'm curious. What's wrong with them anyway. Is it the Irish thing? Helping Africa? IMF for developing nations?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by captrock View Post
    Who cares about your politics or his? Nobody asked. But I'm curious. What's wrong with them anyway. Is it the Irish thing? Helping Africa? IMF for developing nations?
    You are very funny.

1. Bono is Irish... that's a nationality not politics.

2. Bono helps raise awareness for the plight in Darfur and about the A.I.D.S. epidemic... that's caring, not politics.

3. IMF is a great cause that helps other developing countries fight disease and preven hunger. This is a worthy cause, not politics.

I think he is a great human being who is trying his best to make a difference.

Were he goes wrong, in my book, is saying he abhors environmental destruction and then builds huge houses. Edge goes to Malibu to build several 10 million dollar mansions.

Hypocracy is what I don't go for. Hypocracy is politics.
    Hi pogeypetey: You say you have some 'inside' information about this, but Sprint has been pretty clear that it's NOT gonna happen--no sales until June 6. Are you sure you're not spinning things?
    You are very funny.

1. Bono is Irish... that's a nationality not politics.

2. Bono helps raise awareness for the plight in Darfur and about the A.I.D.S. epidemic... that's caring, not politics.

3. IMF is a great cause that helps other developing countries fight disease and preven hunger. This is a worthy cause, not politics.

I think he is a great human being who is trying his best to make a difference.

Were he goes wrong, in my book, is saying he abhors environmental destruction and then builds huge houses. Edge goes to Malibu to build several 10 million dollar mansions.

Hypocracy is what I don't go for. Hypocracy is politics.
    Hypocrisy (i wasn't sure of the spelling either so i'll leave you alone on that.) Come on. Malibu? Like that's some kind of nature preserve. Please, building big homes is the least of our worries on this planet. And you know that. And everything else you you mentioned is indeed a good thing. And being concerned about the environment isn't being a good human being? I don't blame you for calling him a hypocrite but the last i checked hypocrisy is not synonymous with politics. You make no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    Hi pogeypetey: You say you have some 'inside' information about this, but Sprint has been pretty clear that it's NOT gonna happen--no sales until June 6. Are you sure you're not spinning things?
    Strictly speaking, "Sprint" hasn't been "pretty clear" on that, or anything else. Some rumors state that no sales until June 6, some say leprechauns will be hand-delivering them in the nude.

This one says premiere customers on June 5. Like a poster earlier in the thread, I've also been a premiere customer for years and get 2-3 early release invites a year. I'd actually be surprised if Sprint DIDN'T have an early Premier release for the Pre.

Guess we'll all know in a couple of days.
    Can we keep the political comments out of this thread? It's very off topic and not necessary for us to talk about the real subject at hand. If you guys want to talk about it, either go via PM or the Off-topic forums.

Thanks.
    I'm a Premier Customer and I hope this is true but like I've been saying I think there will be something early on the 5th but I think its for the people who signed up to be notified of the Pre's release (just like the Instinct release) and it doesn't matter if you're Premier or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    I'm a Premier Customer and I hope this is true but like I've been saying I think there will be something early on the 5th but I think its for the people who signed up to be notified of the Pre's release (just like the Instinct release) and it doesn't matter if you're Premier or not.
    i believe Sprint will follow the Instinct launch model - ie early buys for Premier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i believe Sprint will follow the Instinct launch model - ie early buys for Premier.
    I really hope so after the confusion I got making calls today.
    I tried calling a few stores in the Phoenix area and only one store mentioned something for Premier customers. The guy that I talked to specifically said that they did have something for Premier customers but the Pre would only be sold to those with a black invite card that was or will be mailed to select Premier customers. He did say not all Premier customers would receive an invite.

A call to another store said... first come first served Saturday only...

Another one told me to type Palm Pre Premier into the search box on Sprint.com for more info. (Nothing except the release date)

Typical sprint store responses... inconsistant.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Can we keep the political comments out of this thread? It's very off topic and not necessary for us to talk about the real subject at hand. If you guys want to talk about it, either go via PM or the Off-topic forums.

Thanks.
    Sorry about that. I really had no intention of introducing politics. Just responding to a comment. I was really just commenting on why it would be cool to have Bono at a launch party. Not cool to meet him, just cool to have some U2 love for Sprint and Palm.

I actually abhore political speak because it gives me a headache. No one wins, and it just makes everyone mad. That being said...

Did you hear how the Pre can foretell coming Hurricanes, and increases libido?
    Sorry about that. I really had no intention of introducing politics. Just responding to a comment. I was really just commenting on why it would be cool to have Bono at a launch party. Not cool to meet him, just cool to have some U2 love for Sprint and Palm.

I actually abhore political speak because it gives me a headache. No one wins, and it just makes everyone mad. That being said...

Did you hear how the Pre can foretell coming Hurricanes, and increases libido?
    It just snow balled into something it shouldn't have... but it's all good. No one is going to convince each other otherwise, so I am glad we could squash it.

I appreciate your inside information... I too have heard the same rumblings of emails coming in a few days. Some credible sources, some not so much...
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post

I appreciate your inside information... I too have heard the same rumblings of emails coming in a few days. Some credible sources, some not so much...
    I believe this as well. And according something Coal at SG is reading, there is still a premier launch on the 5th.
  17.    #57  
    By the way, as another matter of interest, most questions anyone has about launch will be answered after the Facebook announcement. 2 days and counting.
    Just a little clarification on what I meant here, and to refresh the topic a wee bit.

You will see a flood of new info on availability, with an expected announcement on quantity. Also, you will see the Premier customer finally realize their dream of having the Pre a day early. (Expect emails in the A.M. on the 4th)
    You mean an update about what Hesse said about limited availability or specific locations availability?
    Just some clarification on the Premier Customer Email. These emails are sent out the day before the day before the release date. Meaning, the 4th at around 6 am central time you will see your Premier customer email.

Sprint will not let it's most loyal crowd down, and I have it on good authority,you will see the Pre available for Premier customers on Friday.

Also, Sprint corporate stores WILL have in excess of 30 units, with some receiving 100 or more.

You need not fear, and you most certainly do not need to get in line before Friday even if you are not a Premier customer unless you are going to Best Buy or Radio Shack.

Peace be with you all.
    I don't mean to play down what your saying, but on what grounds is this true? I've heard from district managers that the prep has been over whelming and they are going to have 10 Pre's at his locations at each store. These are corporate stores.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    The email will come from: sprint@sprint.delivery.net

And it will look like this

All around
    Thought I would be proactive and went ahead and emailed them asking for my invite early. Let you know if it works.
    600P, 700P, Current 800W
    Daughter Centro
    http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com...elief-minutes/ The ultimate smartphone!!!!!!
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast