Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zacqueishasmith@yahoo.com View Post
    Actually at the store I am going to you do have to print it out so thats why iIam concerned if you dont have it you have to wait till 10 am to buy and with the email i can get in at 8am.
    If I get there at 6:00am as I plan to do, wait in line until 8:00am, and then am told that in spite of my being an S|P customer with over 10 years with Sprint, I have to wait until 10:00am because I don't have that email... Well, gosh, I'll just be darned mad!

Actually, seriously, I will be upset, and rightly so, I think. I really doubt that a printout of the email will be required. Just doesn't make sense to me--I don't know how they can carry this out, logistically, without obviously angering and alienating a whole bunch of folks.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    All 3 corporate stores I called or visited today in Austin, TX say 8am for everyone. Looks like a regional thing to me still...and still no email at the multiple email addr's I regis with or on acct
    Actually at the store I am going to you do have to print it out so thats why iIam concerned if you dont have it you have to wait till 10 am to buy and with the email i can get in at 8am.
    I call BS on this and I'll tell you why. At first I thought the stores were all going to do their own thing and I even had a guy schedule an appointment for me, he even put a Pre aside for me. As more chatter about stores were falling in line with a corporate directive I checked to see if I still had my appointment and reserved Pre. It wasn't a shock to hear him say corporate said they couldn't do it. So when I hear a few stores are going to be ready at 8am to open but are gonna keep the doors locked to non-Premier customers they are misinformed and will either get in trouble or end up opening for everyone just like all the Sprint stores. Now I know that not all Sprint stores will be open at 8am but they certainly are not doing any games with Premier customers.

Did a manager give you this information or some pimply teenager?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Why do people keep acting like it matters whether they got an email or not? It's not like you need to print it out and show 'em. And apparently it doesn't matter if you are a Premier customer, a Sprint customer, an AT&T customer or woke from a coma and never had a cell phone ever customer!
    I think it has more to do with figuring out how Sprint works more than anything. They make a big deal about status and get people to sign up for pre-release info, but in the end then neither of those things matter.

As frustrated as people are, every Sprint customer is rooting for them to succeed. So it's really sad to see that the reason why Sprint is struggling isn't because they're some hidden gem that people have yet to discover, it's because they kinda suck.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I call BS on this and I'll tell you why. At first I thought the stores were all going to do their own thing and I even had a guy schedule an appointment for me, he even put a Pre aside for me. As more chatter about stores were falling in line with a corporate directive I checked to see if I still had my appointment and reserved Pre. It wasn't a shock to hear him say corporate said they couldn't do it. So when I hear a few stores are going to be ready at 8am to open but are gonna keep the doors locked to non-Premier customers they are misinformed and will either get in trouble or end up opening for everyone just like all the Sprint stores. Now I know that not all Sprint stores will be open at 8am but they certainly are not doing any games with Premier customers.

Did a manager give you this information or some pimply teenager?
    I spoke to the manager and his first answer was 10am when I aked about opening then when I mentioned the email it changed to 8am. I am pretty sure this is true for this store not speaking for all stores.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    If I get there at 6:00am as I plan to do, wait in line until 8:00am, and then am told that in spite of my being an S|P customer with over 10 years with Sprint, I have to wait until 10:00am because I don't have that email... Well, gosh, I'll just be darned mad!

Actually, seriously, I will be upset, and rightly so, I think. I really doubt that a printout of the email will be required. Just doesn't make sense to me--I don't know how they can carry this out, logistically, without obviously angering and alienating a whole bunch of folks.
    I just got off the phone with the manager now this is the closet store to me and the only one saying this the other stores I called are opening at 8am regardless but I am just going by what i was told. It matters to be not because of my premier status but because I work overnight and the earlier I can get the phone the better.
    I spoke to the manager and his first answer was 10am when I aked about opening then when I mentioned the email it changed to 8am. I am pretty sure this is true for this store not speaking for all stores.
    This is still ridiculous at best and not likely to prevent everyone else from walking into his store. First off you could print out as many of the fliers as you want. Second the email itself say nothing about having to print it out and show it someone, meaning anyone could claim they got the email and walk in. Finally, they are going to be too busy taking care of customers to verify the status of everyone walking in. I think in the end you find people lining up at his store once they see other people walk in.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    This is still ridiculous at best and not likely to prevent everyone else from walking into his store. First off you could print out as many of the fliers as you want. Second the email itself say nothing about having to print it out and show it someone, meaning anyone could claim they got the email and walk in. Finally, they are going to be too busy taking care of customers to verify the status of everyone walking in. I think in the end you find people lining up at his store once they see other people walk in.
    Your probably right but I would rather be safe than sorry!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

Okay, I don't know if you need to bring the email or not, or much else for that matter. But for those people who THINK they need the email print-out, there have been four or five examples posted in this thread as screenshots. Print one of THEM out and take it with you, just in case.
    wow. i'm Premier and registered early and with a couple different email accounts. 6pm EST and i have received no email. i checked the spam folders too. nothing. i really must have pissed off the smartphone gods.

needless to say, i'll be there 8am tomorrow. this is personal. i'll be there in the morning. they can try me.
    Don't feel too bad, I have still not received an email either.
    Last edited by Mike_Diako; 06/05/2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: l
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    wow. i'm Premier and registered early and with a couple different email accounts. 6pm EST and i have received no email. i checked the spam folders too. nothing. i really must have pissed off the smartphone gods.

needless to say, i'll be there 8am tomorrow. this is personal. i'll be there in the morning. they can try me.

I'm with you on that....... I registered multiple accounts and I dont have an email at anyone of them.

I'll be parking my car at 759 and walking in at 8a and I'm not leaving without my Pre.

Its not about NEEDING the email its about the arbitrary emails sent to some and not sent to others and Premier customers who signed up, followed every update and bit of news about the phone, talked the phone up to sprint haters and we get nothing.
    Your probably right but I would rather be safe than sorry!!
    I hear ya brother!

I still get a picture of a portly looking manager in a white button shirt resembling Milton Waddams peering through the front blinds of your store at 7:55am mumbling, "Oh God, here they come."
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I am a premier customer, and signed up with all 4 of my emails, no email yet, though my wife got one (it's her account), and she didn't sign up for it.
    Oh one more thing...
    non-premier customers are getting the same email so it really is worthless.

http://forums.precentral.net/1638816-post356.html
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    I am a premier customer, and signed up with all 4 of my emails, no email yet, though my wife got one (it's her account), and she didn't sign up for it.
    for those of us who are premier and registered - i wonder if the reason we are not getting it is because of our email/privacy settings/preferences with Sprint. despite registering for the PRE info, i told Sprint when i first joined them that i do not wish to be contacted by them for marketing purposes. i wonder if this is why i didnt get an email.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with customer care now they are telling me the emails were random. So what the hell did i sign up for the forums to tell me its available or sprint. This is bs the only reason I care is because my store wants the email so they can let you in at 8am. !!!!!!
    Yep. All the stores I called in Chicagoland said 8AM for everyone first come first serve. Looks like Sprint really did follow through on giving the 'Premier' customers the shaft. Nice move Dan.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Ditto here - no e-mails at all and I signed up the first day they announced the Pre. This is TERRIBLE customer service. Been customer for over 15 years. I really do not get it!

Also, what happens to all those people (myself included) who were told by telesales they would call us on 6/6?! Guess they will NOT be calling, since there are no telesales now!

As I said, this is TERRIBLE customer service. I would complain, but do you think they care at all!!!! NOT!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post

I still haven't gotten one.