Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 LastLast
    How can you tell if a store is a corporate store or not without calling and asking each one?

Quote Originally Posted by criley98 View Post
    From talking with a non-corporate store manager, who called his regional Sprint rep with me standing there, this only applies to Sprint Corporate stores. Therefore, the third-party stores aren't participating in the Premier email thing. Also, third party stores cannot bill the phone to your account, even if you're eligible. Neither can Best Buy or Radio Shack. In order for them to bill the phones, they have to do a Direct Ship. Therefore, Bill-to-Account = Sprint Corporate Store.

Still haven't received my email. I'm thinking this is a regional thing (based on account zip code or zip code you entered on the Pre site).
    We are "among" the human population, therefore "among" the customes who can buy at 8am. Yehaa... time to do the dance of joy. Always great to be "among". Fantastic slippery marketing word.. "among". Sprint is "among" the best phone companies in the world. They are "among" the best customer service companies in the world. Wow. Thanks Sprint...
    ETUTREO300
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    How can you tell if a store is a corporate store or not without calling and asking each one?
    Go to the stor locator online. The first search shows only corp stores. You can then expand the options to show affiliate stores.
    ETUTREO300
    I am so bummed that we don't get at least a early window.
    Me- "Hi, are you going to be selling the Palm Pre tomorrow morning?"
    Guy at Sprint Store- "8:00am."
    Me- "8:00am for everyone? Not only Premiere Customers?"
    Guy at Sprint Store- "Yup"
    Me- "K. Thanks. Bye."

lol. That email is bull. Anyone can buy it 8:00am.
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    I'm glad you asked, I've attached a Sprint store locate image with things to look for. There are key things that I believe to be a good indicator of not only a corporate store but a large store which would likely get more units then the others. I also have had too much time on my hands and need therapy, but enjoy!

Oh one more thing I forgot to mention, the map marks Sprint stores with a yellow square, full service Sprint stores with a yellow star and ones you should avoid with a blue circle
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deesugar; 06/05/2009 at 02:46 PM.
    still no email here...wtf??
    Trust me man, your not missing anything. Tomorrow morning at 8 doesn't matter if your already a Sprint customer or not. Free for all.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Got my email from Sprint today...

Premier customers: The Palm Pre is finally here! Doors open at 8 AM June 6‏
    Sent: Fri 6/05/09 1:06 PM
    To: ggggggg@hotmail.com
    Last edited by fredc1; 06/26/2009 at 11:24 AM.
    Called a few stores around my neighborhood, the following scenarios keep arising.

1. Open at 8am - first come first serve.
    2. Open at 8am - premier allocation (the list), additionally first come first serve.
    3. Open at 10am - come early! first come first serve.
    4. Open for premier (8 to 10). Then first come first serve.
    5. We have a list, if your not on it your screwed!

Would it have been hard for sprint corporate to provide a sheet with specific instructions?

Either way, premier or not, I am on that list getting two tomorrow. God willing!
    sprint is lucky I won't leave them for reasons I won't mention on here...but sure as hell they are pissing me off.
    Again what a mess. As I said I called a few stores and all said as per instructions only premier customers 8-10 . And I see other stores are saying anyone 8-10. Whatever one is right lets hope sprint gets there act together before 8AM. I can already see Saturday afternoon , 1 of two things. 500 post about how you waited all morning and the Premier Customers got all the phones OR how your a premier customer but since it was everyone you didnt get your phone and how mad you are since your a premier customer. Gonna be a day to rememeber around here tomorrow.
    I'm so confused by this, as there emails for Premier customers and for people who just signed up and aren't Premier customers - both say buy at 8 AM.. However, some stores say Premier only, some stores say 10 am only, etc...

I am not a Premier member but I got an email for signing up early. It sounds like some stores wont be honoring that. What a cluster******. Sprint really messed this launch badly.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Again what a mess. As I said I called a few stores and all said as per instructions only premier customers 8-10 . And I see other stores are saying anyone 8-10. Whatever one is right lets hope sprint gets there act together before 8AM.
    It really is a mess. Random stores are saying "8AM for Premiere Only", but they didn't tell anyone to print anything out and most people don't even know their status. So the only way to check is to get the customer in the store, look it up and if they aren't Premiere you're kicking them to the back of the line. That's rough.

Sprint really has put themselves in a situation where whatever they do then they're going to upset people.
    At least in KC it is simple and I have verified this with a store manager. All KC corp. stores will open at 8:00am on the 6th for anyone that wants to buy a Pre....first come, first served.
    I am Premier Customer, almost 11 years, bill over 100, still no email. It is 4:31 eastern time. I know for a fact that none of the corporate stores were planning on opening up at 8 AM, only 10AM. Maybe that is why I didn't get my email. Location might be a factor.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I am Premier Customer, almost 11 years, bill over 100, still no email. It is 4:31 eastern time. I know for a fact that none of the corporate stores were planning on opening up at 8 AM, only 10AM. Maybe that is why I didn't get my email. Location might be a factor.
    I am on eastern time to no email either but when I called the store I am going to and asked what time they are opening they said 10am but I said what about the email they said we are not supposed to say anything but with the email its 8am you just have to print out the email. Hope I get this damn email soon!!!
    Why do people keep acting like it matters whether they got an email or not? It's not like you need to print it out and show 'em. And apparently it doesn't matter if you are a Premier customer, a Sprint customer, an AT&T customer or woke from a coma and never had a cell phone ever customer!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Why do people keep acting like it matters whether they got an email or not? It's not like you need to print it out and show 'em. And apparently it doesn't matter if you are a Premier customer, a Sprint customer, an AT&T customer or woke from a coma and never had a cell phone ever customer!
    Actually at the store I am going to you do have to print it out so thats why iIam concerned if you dont have it you have to wait till 10 am to buy and with the email i can get in at 8am.
    Because some Sprint Owned stores, like in my area (2), aren't scheduled to open at 8AM. They are opening at 10 AM. So if I get the email, I would be allowed in before anyone else.