Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    It's a mailing list, nothing remarkable at all, really.
    What I am getting at is that over the past year and a half or so, I have been seeing things that are in Sprint's case, Remarkable. They seem to be paying attention to customer needs and wants while providing plans and service that I think has been missing.

So a mailing list is not remarkable, but a Sprint mailing list informing valued customers of the opportunity to get a highly anticipated device truely is.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    The email will come from: sprint@sprint.delivery.net

And it will look like this

All around
    pogey - there's no time on that email. so does this mean as a premier i can come in at 10am on June 5 or must i wait until after 6pm that day?
    I hope this ends up being true because I really dont want to hassel with standing in line.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    My info doesn't come from the stores. Lets just say I have a rather unique connection to info on the goings on in Sprint. Again, I have yet to be wrong.
    Tell me this then, O Wise One (kidding), will I be able to purchase one for my wife, even though she will not be with me at the store???
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    pogey - there's no time on that email. so does this mean as a premier i can come in at 10am on June 5 or must i wait until after 6pm that day?
    The email I receive from Sprint comes roughly 6 am two days before release. I don't know exactly what time, just that the emails will be out on the 4th. The pic I posted on my new blog is from the Samsung Instinct. Unfortunately, I deleted my Palm Treo Pro email and the LG one.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Tell me this then, O Wise One (kidding), will I be able to purchase one for my wife, even though she will not be with me at the store???
    From what I can tell, yes, but not if they are purchased at full retail. Full retail phones work the same as will all major releases; limit one.

It appears that you can only purchase more than one if upgrading or starting new service.
    The email I receive from Sprint comes roughly 6 am two days before release. I don't know exactly what time, just that the emails will be out on the 4th. The pic I posted on my new blog is from the Samsung Instinct. Unfortunately, I deleted my Palm Treo Pro email and the LG one.
    please re-read my question. yes i know it was an instinct email - my question was for "buy one day early" do you think we'll have to wait until after 6pm or can we buy at 10am that day? i ask about the magic 6pm because rumor had it there were special hours on fri and sat and a fri 4-6pm shutdown and reboot for PRE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    What do you expect? A daily email report on how many Pre each store in your area is getting?
    This has been handled as well as it could've been. Whatever FUD is out there, it's being spread by Pre fans and misinformed store clerks.
    I never said I expected a daily email report. Nor did I ask to know how many each store is carrying. Is it too much to ask for them to update their website and at least let people know they can't order it online or over the phone? Their press release says that you can and the only reason we all know that you have to go to a store is because we're on these forums everyday looking for new info. They haven't really said much about the launch since 5/19, everything is just hearsay.
  9.    #29  
    please re-read my question. yes i know it was an instinct email - my question was for "buy one day early" do you think we'll have to wait until after 6pm or can we buy at 10am that day? i ask about the magic 6pm because rumor had it there were special hours on fri and sat and a fri 4-6pm shutdown and reboot for PRE.
    Sorry about the mix up. I admit, I am a skimmer.

Anyway, from what I can tell, the invite will come on the 4th and you will have to wait till six pm on the 5th. This comes with the caviat that the crystal ball seems a little cloudy on this one, meaning, I don't know for sure.

It would be in Sprint's best interest to maintain a strict time policy so as to not upstage their main events elsewhere with Bono from U2, etc.
    Sorry about the mix up. I admit, I am a skimmer.

Anyway, from what I can tell, the invite will come on the 4th and you will have to wait till six pm on the 5th. This comes with the caviat that the crystal ball seems a little cloudy on this one, meaning, I don't know for sure.

It would be in Sprint's best interest to maintain a strict time policy so as to not upstage their main events elsewhere with Bono from U2, etc.
    Bono WTF? did i miss something? is he attending a flagship launch party? link?
  11.    #31  
    Bono WTF? did i miss something? is he attending a flagship launch party? link?
    I should have put my breaks on with the Bono thing. It comes from a less reliable source as I heard it through 4 or 5 people. There is a release party in NYC that is supposed to have someone big. This is presumably Bono due to the fact that he is financeer of Elevation, the company that brought Palm back from the dead.

Again, file this one under "would be cool", but I don't have a firm answer on that one.... yet.
    BONO at a flagship party?!?!
    I should have put my breaks on with the Bono thing. It comes from a less reliable source as I heard it through 4 or 5 people. There is a release party in NYC that is supposed to have someone big. This is presumably Bono due to the fact that he is financeer of Elevation, the company that brought Palm back from the dead.

Again, file this one under "would be cool", but I don't have a firm answer on that one.... yet.
    not a U2 or Bono fan but it would make sense for him to show up given his investment. there are many other celebrities that i'd rather meet - and have met - than him.
  14.    #34  
    not a U2 or Bono fan but it would make sense for him to show up given his investment. there are many other celebrities that i'd rather meet - and have met - than him.
    I can honestly say that Bono isn't why I would be there, but U2 would be. Politically, I couldn't find a more polar opposite to myself, but musically, would be nice to be there.
    From what I can tell, yes, but not if they are purchased at full retail. Full retail phones work the same as will all major releases; limit one.

It appears that you can only purchase more than one if upgrading or starting new service.
    Well, she and I BOTH have the $150.00 credit, so you're telling me that (to the best of your knowledge), I may be able to purchase one for her even if she's not there, correct? That would be sweet. Thanks for you infor.
    pogeypetey, who are you, and how do you get this cool information. Also, can I have your kids?
    Bono will be a great marketing tool if true and it kind of sucks the air out of his past association with Apple and pushes that buzz onto Palm.
    Well, she and I BOTH have the $150.00 credit, so you're telling me that (to the best of your knowledge), I may be able to purchase one for her even if she's not there, correct? That would be sweet. Thanks for you infor.
    i have no problem with you buying two but i would make you go to the back of the line after the first one - assuming low supply.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    pogeypetey, who are you, and how do you get this cool information. Also, can I have your kids?
    Lol...

I cannot say who I am... because that's part of the fun.

Second question... Crystal ball

Third... Nope.
  20.    #40  
    That's they way I understand it at this point. Tis possible that they could be more stingy with the phones than I have heard, but I doubt it. You should definitely contact them Wednesday after the Facebook announcement and ask them for sure.

By the way, as another matter of interest, most questions anyone has about launch will be answered after the Facebook announcement. 2 days and counting.
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast