Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    11:29:09 PM John H Kleschinsky I read in a press release the following: "First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available. "
    11:29:42 PM Recole C I will be happy to assist you with that today.
    11:36:17 PM Recole C The benefit of being a Premier Customer for this phone event is that in select areas premier customers were allowed to see the phone on June 5th. It is only in 10 stores nationwide so all Premier Customers weren't able to receive an invitation.
    11:37:21 PM John H Kleschinsky Right I appreciate the limited availability, but it doesn't explain the Premier news release: "then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available. "
    11:38:15 PM John H Kleschinsky Now I know with the Instinct, Sprint did allow Premier members the ability to purchase early, so my question is: Why did Sprint get me all excited telling me I would be among the first to buy and then not follow through?
    11:40:17 PM Recole C I do apologize for any confusion in the matter. I understand it would have been better if it was stated that random Premier Customers from specific areas would be able to have access to the phone on June 5th. For the June 5th event, there are only going to be Premier Customers allowed. 11:40:36 PM John H Kleschinsky Recole you and I are on the same page.
    11:41:02 PM Recole C I can understand where you are coming from.
    11:41:19 PM John H Kleschinsky Well I appreciate that.
    11:41:32 PM Recole C So, I do apologize it wasn't done that way.
    11:41:52 PM John H Kleschinsky Thank you. That's all I needed to hear.
    11:42:37 PM Recole C It's no problem.

There you have it folks, an apology from Sprint... You're welcome.
    sounds to me like confusion of parties vs. early buys. Recole was thinking parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    sounds to me like confusion of parties vs. early buys. Recole was thinking parties.
    Maybe, who knows. I have to call Premier care tomorrow, to get a new Premier card. I'll have a chat with them about it (again).

Really though all I wanted was someone to say our bad, we didn't mean all Premier members, we meant random ones and we should have put that. Recole said that. I'm all set.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Maybe, who knows. I have to call Premier care tomorrow, to get a new Premier card. I'll have a chat with them about it (again).

Really though all I wanted was someone to say our bad, we didn't mean all Premier members, we meant random ones and we should have put that. Recole said that. I'm all set.
    Random was the ten cocktail and horse divers parties - no apology needed because you were never promised that. you were simply promised an early peek/buy and that's what you may get at 8am Sat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Random was the ten cocktail and horse divers parties - no apology needed because you were never promised that. you were simply promised an early peek/buy and that's what you may get at 8am Sat.
    I don't think anyone was "promised" anything. However, Sprint should not be promoting their Premier membership by stating:

"First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available. "

Simply say "a few randomly selected premier members will be the first to buy" and there is no issue.

AND

When someone from VIP Executive Services Analyst, Executive & Regulatory Services, tells me the release will be like the Instinct release and I will get to buy it early, then I have an issue.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    This could explain why a few Sprint stores told me 8am originally and then said they were told to say 10am . They dont want non premiere custiomers complaining that they were told 8 and have to sit there until 10am. I agree that would stink.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    This could explain why a few Sprint stores told me 8am originally and then said they were told to say 10am . They dont want non premiere custiomers complaining that they were told 8 and have to sit there until 10am. I agree that would stink.
    exactly.
    I don't think anyone was "promised" anything. However, Sprint should not be promoting their Premier membership by stating:

"First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available. "

Simply say "a few randomly selected premier members will be the first to buy" and there is no issue.

AND

When someone from VIP Executive Services Analyst, Executive & Regulatory Services, tells me the release will be like the Instinct release and I will get to buy it early, then I have an issue.
    no because it's not random. only the party invites were random. the 8am early buy for all premier is not random. and it looks like that will happen.
  8.    #248  
    My sentiments exactly. VP of Sprint Business services. You would think that Dan-o would have told his VP's the same story... oh well.

Pitching my tent as we speak... no really, as long as I get my Pre on Saturday, I guess I am fine.
  9.    #249  
    By the way, one intersting thought. What if this thing on Friday allows you to chose your store, and have one held for you that day? Meaning, that no matter what time of day you show up, one is there for you.

Though that is a happy thought, I am a little jaded now.
    hah, and early today someone was talking about how Best Buy of all places were only going to have 4... nice to see solid information finally..
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    BTW Is anyone else seeing the Palm Pre banner at the top of the page. It keeps switching back between 23 hours and 7 hours. WTF!!! Don't mess with me SPRINT!!!

Any emails yet? Ive got the wife picking me up a sub from laspadas(good sub place down here) for my late dinner...lol
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    wait for a email in the late afternoon, early evening
    The way Sprint is going we will get an email on Monday saying the Pre is available to Premier customers. First to Know/First to Switch Carriers

Quote Originally Posted by coney27 View Post
    wait for a email in the late afternoon, early evening
  15.    #255  
    Did anyone notice how on the home page of precentral, my posts are quoted as both believing and disbelieving the Premier Customer deal? Very funny.
    Ok I got some confirmation from a Sprint employee that his is real ( not saying it is hapening). I went to the Sprint store in Woodbridge NJ. I asked when they were going to open. He said "Well 10" . I then said ( made this up) well i spoke to Sprint on the phone this morning and they told me Premier Customers will be allowed to buy it from 8-10 and he admitted thats the plan BUT they were told to say 10AM. He said they are supposed to email Premier customers today about the special hours for them BUT they never did it. so hes in the dark. They are having a meeting tonight to decide what to do and wait for corporate to tell them . He admitted Sprint is being totally secretive about everything.
    So yes there atleast is some truth that Premier customers will get a 8-10 window to purchase the PRE before others BUT it may or may not happen. If you dont get an email by tonight you should assume it was scrapped.
    They will send out the email mid day most likely. thats what they did last year with the instinct
    i demand some answers!!!
    Just got the email:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Just got the email:
    Nice, thanks.