1.    #1  
    I'm lucky my local sprint store(Durham, NC) knows what the palm pre is! And get this, the "pre advocate" is currently on active duty in one of the small sandy countries we are currently invading and won't be around anytime soon. *sigh*

Anyhoo, told me they will have some Palm Pres on the 6th but the are reserved for the waiting list people.
    "What list?" I said
    "There is a list to get on if you call sprint customer service".
    I called sprint they said no such list exists. of course.
    Called my local sprint store again who explained "oh we meant there is like a site that you goto and sign up to be notified (sprint.com/palpre) and they will call you and tell you where to pick up your palm pre IF you are a premiere customer.
    Well actually I am a premiere customer (checked with customer service) and I've clicked the "Tell me when it's out" button to sign up several times in the last month or so.

SOooo, my question is when the frak do I get an email, call or carrier pigeon telling me if I'm on the list and when/where I can get my pre?

Have any other "Premier" Customers been contacted?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    10 Year and currently a $280/month Premier customer here also and no contact. The local stores all play dumb real well. I can't stand on any lines on Saturday - I gotta take my daughter to Elmo Live. I'm gonna get shafted for sure.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I think your store is reporting recycled rumors. I think I've got the official answers here.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartadog View Post
    10 Year and currently a $280/month Premier customer here also and no contact. The local stores all play dumb real well. I can't stand on any lines on Saturday - I gotta take my daughter to Elmo Live. I'm gonna get shafted for sure.
    Your daughter will be happy you sacrificed for her and maybe some Pre good fortune will come your way.
    Premier since 2004 with 6 lines and nothing, nada, zip... Let's keep calling them til we get our emails lol
    according to this guy the emails will be sent two days before. I can't post the link but it's on this forum under Premier Customer Email
  7.    #7  
    Hmmm, ok well I'll post back again if if anyone actuallu contacts me 2 days before launch (June 4th)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Your daughter will be happy you sacrificed for her and maybe some Pre good fortune will come your way.
    I'd be like, why don't you sacrifice something for daddy so he can get what he wants for once in his damn life..?
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    jmahorney - is this the southpoint store? I was at the cary crossroads store last night. they told me the southpoint store was the only one in the area closing early on fri and reopening at 6 for premier customers. Of course I thought all that had been cancelled. I get off work at 6 and am thinking of going to the southpoint store to see. have you heard anything about that? I also have not received any email, yet and don't know if there will be one or not. This guy may have been blowing smoke but don't see any reason for him too. He afterall brought up the store hours on Friday to me, I didn't ask.
  10.    #10  
    Actually I had called this one a little higher up on fayetteville:
    6409 Fayetteville Rd # 110, Durham, NC‎ - (919) 206-4077‎

It's depressing is this is our best sprint store. The pre advocate won't even be available there. *sigh* oh, Durham

These guys that used to be at southpoint are closed , (I believe):
    6910 Fayetteville Rd, Durham, NC‎ - (919) 572-0908‎
    Well, at least you defintely have your priorities straight anyway.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat
    I was told last week that there will only be (10) flagship locations (corporate only stores) selling the Pre on Friday FROM 6P-12A. The Premier Customers that are invited to each store were randomly selected and emailed information on which store they could purchase their Pre.

I really don't believe the "randomly" part of this information. The best way for Sprint to make money is activation, add-ons, second lines and accessories. Sense inventory is going to be low I am checking out BB as mine has a waiting list already established.

Good luck to all!
    Quote Originally Posted by esheafer View Post
    I'm in the same boat
    How many folks are taking their daughters to Elmo Live? I guess I'm lucky--mine's graduating this year, no interest in such things any longer. At least, I don't think so...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Hopefully we receive an email stating that in can be purchased a day early like they did with the Instink.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I was told last week that there will only be (10) flagship locations (corporate only stores) selling the Pre on Friday FROM 6P-12A. The Premier Customers that are invited to each store were randomly selected and emailed information on which store they could purchase their Pre.

I really don't believe the "randomly" part of this information. The best way for Sprint to make money is activation, add-ons, second lines and accessories. Sense inventory is going to be low I am checking out BB as mine has a waiting list already established.

Good luck to all!
    I just heard the same thing.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Elmo emailed and said to meet him backstage. He's gonna hook me up.
    Everyone is waiting on these emails, and that's because they haven't been sent out yet. They're supposed to be sent on the 5th, last I've heard. Everything else is just speculation.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP: