Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Ok so I called a couple stores today after work, and to my surprise got some interesting results ...

Radioshack 1
    Are you guys going to carry the pre on Sat?
    Yes we are getting in a couple units
    Any lists?
    Nope, not even info on pricing if thats your next question
    Is your store getting inquires about the phone?
    If you call 10 people about every hour or so inquires i say yes, its gonna be pretty serious come Sat.

Radioshack 2 (same kind of format question wise)
    I've had like 30 people call in, in the last 5 hours about the phone and we plan to have a line around the corner, especially because we are offering our instant rebate

Bestbuy 1
    Can't tell you anything but this be here early if you really want the thing

Bestbuy 2
    Were you around our store on blackfriday? If so be prepared for lines like that in all seriousness.... its gonna be insane....

Ok so now i am getting nervous, maybe its being in Ny or maybe its that its slowly catching on but i had this gut feeling from the beginning everyone is looking for side stores so to speak for getting this phone because everyone knows the big stores will have major lines ...
    dude u can get 1 early if you go to the right places.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiTY View Post
    Yesterday I made some rounds of Sprint stores in my area and I gotta say the mood and vibe at all locations was frakin' disheartening. The energy offline is barely 4% of what it is online and in these forums regarding this release. Stores were empty, Palm Pre displays and materials themselves were just tacky and incomplete. I see why so many subscribers are gone - made me think I should finally leave too.

The 'with it' reps were somewhat excited though and helpful. One store is the only store on the west coast hosting an early premier event on June 5th. Told me to come anyway even though I'm not a premier member. Said my chances are good that I'll get one, but no guarantees. If not, I could enjoy the free booze. Another rep at another store said they're getting 3 times the normal stock for a newly released phone which is good news.
    what store is having the premier event?
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    PM me with the details, not to far from your profile location if you need any more info on availability from my location
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    Only thing i ever camped for was xbox360 (17 hours). Big mistake, cuz PS3 is way better. But if you are only doing 1 night, just bring some time wasters. I dont think it would be worth it to load your car full of crap for a single night. ipod and a book should do you well. Also, def bring some snacks and drinks. boredom = hungry, haha.

PS - DO NOT FORGET A CHAIR!!!!

I guess everyone is entitled to have an opinion...
    What a devoted Sprint customer.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    According to Palm InfoCenter, line is already forming for Palm Pre. See the link below.

tinyComb ╗ Blog Archive ╗ Spotted: First In Line for The Pre
  7. joelpalm
    LOL
  8.    #48  
    u are way to late
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    I wonder what his sign says.
    It says "First"

This has been posted several times on here alone..
    5 days without going to the bathroom? i don't know...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    what store is having the premier event?
    if u promise to cause a big distraction while i skip ahead in line I'll tell you which store.

and if angelina shows up, i got first dibs on the spot with the best side boob view
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    Only thing i ever camped for was xbox360 (17 hours). Big mistake, cuz PS3 is way better.
    I couldn't resist LOLing at that statement. My PS3 gathers dust as a BluRay player, while my 360 actually... er... plays games.

Back on-topic, I find it amazing he's able to sit in line for 5 days without there being anyone around. I always have to wonder what employees think when they see stuff like this.

The rest of us (well, at least 90% considering a 10% unemployment rate) have, well, jobs. That, and lives. As much as I'm willing to go crazy talking about the Pre, it's another thing entirely to sit in line for five days.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    That's one ghetto lookin' Sprint Store
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." ŚL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    That's one ghetto lookin' Sprint Store
    That's what I thought! I'm not sure I'd wait outside that store for more than 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    Where are those right places? I will go anywhere in the city if it means not having to wake up early Saturday!

PM if you dont want to put it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    It says "First"

This has been posted several times on here alone..
    Yeah I know. You're response is nearly 12 hours after someone posted the Gizmodo link above.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123