Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. jumpman's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #1  
    I spoke to a manager of one local Radio Shack and he GUARANTEED me two Pre phones this Saturday. He stated that he will be receiving limited quantities of the Pres and offered to place me on the waiting list. I then asked how many are on the waiting list. I'm the first one he said.

    I know, I know......we'll see if he actually honor his word. Nonetheless, I have a back up plan since they don't open til' 9.

    Prior to this, I spoke to another Radio Shack manager and asked me to give him a call everyday until launch day to make sure to hold a couple of Pres for me when they arrive.
  2. #2  
    When are these posts going to stop, i mean cmon radioshack lists now, you think any of these stores are only going to sell you a phone based on your name on a so called list (which by the way doesn't exsist) when probably 10s of others are waiting in line for the same reason
  3. jumpman's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    When are these posts going to stop, i mean cmon radioshack lists now, you think any of these stores are only going to sell you a phone based on your name on a so called list (which by the way doesn't exsist) when probably 10s of others are waiting in line for the same reason
    Ok ok...calm down. Like I said I have a back up plan. Such list MAY NOT exist in Sprint stores buy MAY certainly exist in others. Don't tell me if a manager offers you to be on a waiting list, you will passionately refuse because you deeply feel such list do not exist? Common and stop being so grumpy.
  4. #4  
    Just called a couple radioshacks about to post, not grumpy in the least just want to caution people that's all ...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpman View Post
    Ok ok...calm down. Like I said I have a back up plan. Such list MAY NOT exist in Sprint stores buy MAY certainly exist in others. Don't tell me if a manager offers you to be on a waiting list, you will passionately refuse because you deeply feel such list do not exist? Common and stop being so grumpy.
    Because you feel so strongly about it, there's no doubt in my mind that the (former Payless Shoes salesman) Radio Shack manager not only understood what your question was, but manages one of the few Radio Shacks to get the Pre before the release date.
  6. #6  
    Was at a Radio Shack on my lunch break. I was told they received 2 Pres today, 1 Touchstone (they are locked up). They expect to get shipments every day. The guy I spoke with said he's having his girlfriend come into work with him Saturday to wait online since employees were told they can't purchase the Pre Saturday. He said that they've already been told/warned by mgmt. to say "we will be selling the Pre on June 6th on a first come first served basis".
    Jimmie Geddes
  7. jumpman's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #7  
    For some reason, I did not sense any cautionary statements on your first post. This is a cautionary response:Please people, I'm not your mother neither your role model so stop being so naive and stop believing what other people say! So let's just squash this ramble and get back to planning on how to score a Pre!
  8. jumpman's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Because you feel so strongly about it, there's no doubt in my mind that the (former Payless Shoes salesman) Radio Shack manager not only understood what your question was, but manages one of the few Radio Shacks to get the Pre before the release date.
    Are you implying that none of the stores will be receiving their PREs until the actual launch date? What? Think again please.
  9. #9  
    Thankfully my Radio Shack is directly behind my house. Which reminds me to go check today if/how many they are getting in.

    If only I had a front view of the store, where I could see if people are lining up(Which I almost most certainly doubt as this Radio Shack is on a major highway but practically hidden from anyone that doesnt know about it.)

    So thankfully I should be able to just get up Saturday morning, walk in and grab a PRE.
  10. #10  
    I called 3 local radioshacks(that were on the leaked list) and 2 of them said they weren't getting Pre's. One was utterly clueless, the other gave me some retarded story about the supplier focusing on BestBuy instead(how would they have info about BB's supplier?) And the third said they should have the Pre. Key word "should" not a definite.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpman View Post
    Are you implying that none of the stores will be receiving their PREs until the actual launch date?
    What that statement described was only a subset of the Radio Shack outlets is getting the Pre. I have no idea where your seemingly "out there" implication comes from.

    Here's some help for you: Link
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio SHack Management
    "Due to inventory constraints on the June 6 launch date, not all stores will be able to carry the Palm Pre at launch. To make sure we get the maximum advertising and brand benefit while still having enough inventory to meet the expected demand, we have selected key markets to receive the device at launch."

Posting Permissions