1.    #1  
    Am I missing something with the USB - PC connection? I have read various other posts that mention there is an issue with using Phone when Pre is connected via USB to PC.

Currently my Mogul can do all of the following while connected USB to PC, it is synching (Pocket Mirror), Phone is fully functional, and it is charging.

Don't tell me this is the one thing Mogul & WinMo has right, and that the Pre will not do?
    I see pandas.
    From what I understand, you'll be prompted to place the phone in "USB Mode" when you plug in your USB cable. If you chose "Yes" then all you can do is transfer files.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Unfortunately this is correct! when you are in USB mode all calls will go to voicemail and you won't be able to make phone calls. Bummer I know but I figure I will be using it in usb mode late at night anyways so not too bad.
    They probably did this to protect the open-endedness of the filesystem when it is in USB storage mode. You don't want to be mucking about with the system while it's trying to read your contacts, for instance.

It SHOULD charge whenever it has USB power, regardless of mode, however. There's no reason for it not to.
  5.    #5  
    yeah, no mucking about is preferred. given that I have WinMo now, the frequent rebooting is just habit.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    They probably did this to protect the open-endedness of the filesystem when it is in USB storage mode. You don't want to be mucking about with the system while it's trying to read your contacts, for instance.
    Wow - so your saying the file system on the Pre is so fragile/vulnerable that a user could modify a file currently already in use by the OS? Without even a warning? If true, this bodes horribly for the phone's security. Can you say bye-bye Enterprise?

Or, more likely the case, you were just guessing.