1.    #1  
    I went to 3 different locations this weekend to see if they had a demo phone... didn't go out of my way I was just passing by... neither location had a demo unit, nor an advocate... the corporate store was the most helpful, the lady there advised me that they had a "list"... not the list that reserves one, but the list that starts to make calls to people on the list after the rush.. she also said that, they were opening @ 8 and it may not be as bad as they expect... but get this, the posters that say coming soon... 11X17 on the bottom of the window next to the door, then they had a bunch of cutouts through each of the locations... no promotion what so ever... oh and the list that they have only have 15 to 20 people on it.....
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    LOL, sounds exactly like how I spent my Saturday (while the wife, kid & I were out running errands in the area anyway).

At least I was able to compare the 2 Sprint stores (plus 1 mall kiosk) and Best Buy in my area and have a better idea of where I might go to get mine...
    I went to the beach on saturday then had dinner at a Czech place in Astoria.

On sunday I sat around and played Apple to Apples with friends and drank beer.
    Came to the dismal realization that it really would be in the best interest of my household finances to just hold off on this purchase until I can claim the full $150 credit. And perhaps by that time this 1st-gen Pre will have been such a huge success that Palm will be infused with enough profit to green-light the next generation Pre, touting either a micro slot or 64GB internal storage.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JRBTempe View Post
    LOL, sounds exactly like how I spent my Saturday (while the wife, kid & I were out running errands in the area anyway).

At least I was able to compare the 2 Sprint stores (plus 1 mall kiosk) and Best Buy in my area and have a better idea of where I might go to get mine...
    seems like we had the same weekend, i went to a corporate store, a lifestyle store, a mall kiosk... and i forgot i stopped in best buy... the mobile section in best buy here is so unorganized, that was a waste of my 5 mins and my breath
    I went to Six Flags and then rejoiced that the Pre is so close!
    Then I spent Sunday night in a frenzy at the rumor that you cannot just buy the Pre unless you are opening a new line or eligible for upgrade.
    I am now back to rejoicing that the Pre is so close!