1.    #1  
    I was thinking that a Card expose feature would be useful. As it is with a dozen cards open you have to flick left/right one-by-one through them. Now, say, if you could double tap the Centre button and have your cards pull out into a 3x3 or 3x2 or even 2x2 grid (flicking left/right to see the rest of the cards still in grids) to more rapidly select them... I think that would be super helpful especially as WebOS devices get more powerful and more cards can be used.

Thought?
    Go into cardview, hold your finger on a card, and it'll zoom out and pretty much do exactly what you want (and you can rearrange them.)

Edit: I should say, not exactly, but from what I understand it'll be a close approximation. I think it shows like 4 or 5 cards when you do that, I don't remember from the videos.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 06/01/2009 at 01:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricMonk View Post
    I was thinking that a Card expose feature would be useful. As it is with a dozen cards open you have to flick left/right one-by-one through them. Now, say, if you could double tap the Centre button and have your cards pull out into a 3x3 or 3x2 or even 2x2 grid (flicking left/right to see the rest of the cards still in grids) to more rapidly select them... I think that would be super helpful especially as WebOS devices get more powerful and more cards can be used.

Thought?
    I think that's a GREAT idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Go into cardview, hold your finger on a card, and it'll zoom out and pretty much do exactly what you want (and you can rearrange them.)

Edit: I should say, not exactly, but from what I understand it'll be a close approximation. I think it shows like 4 or 5 cards when you do that, I don't remember from the videos.
    But if you notice, there's a lot of screen real estate wasted at the top and bottom. So instead of seeing four cards horizontally, you could arrange it in a 2x2 configuration like the OP said. This way you'll have the same amount of cards as you mentioned but they would be significantly bigger.

I wouldn't worry, though. Soon after the SDK is released (yeah, months from now) there should be tons of apps that would do that and more.
    This is a cool idea and hopefully it'll be implemented in the future.
    I'd like to see them fanned out, like the Xperia X1 did for pannels. as you drag your finger through them the one you touch would appear on top. Really play into that card metaphor.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Anyone for a Vista-like experience?

Maybe not. I would go for a 3x3 display.
    That's sweet idea. I wonder if the SDK would allow for something like that or if that part would be locked down. I would hate it if you had to launch a program every time you wanted it to go into that view.
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I would definitely like to see Palm impliment that feature in a future OS upgrade. Great idea!