Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well, I just called the Sprint Corporate Store that I was planning to purchase the Pre from at full cost (which the rep told me was $549.99), and he said I could buy a Pre at the full price, but that I would have to activate it in store. Obviously, that makes sense so I can't just go sell it on ebay.

I feel slightly better since I called the store I am planning on going to, but will feel better when June 6 arrives and it is in my hand!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    As a premier customer its my understanding that you get a 75 dollar discount for the first 12 months of your contract and 150 upgrade discount after 12 months of service. If I read you right then I'm not eligible to even buy a pre under any circumstances. That would be kind of weirds?
    600P, 700P, Current 800W
    Daughter Centro
    http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com...elief-minutes/ The ultimate smartphone!!!!!!
    Alright, so I just talked to a representative online, and she's told me something different than anything I've heard yet. She said that I am over a year into my contract, I am eligible for the standard $75 off with a new contract that everyone gets. However, she also said that I am eligible for the $100 mail in rebate as well, but NOT the $100 instant rebate. This basically means that in the end I will get $175 off the full retail price, meaning I'll get it for $375. For me this is pretty good since I was originally told I wasn't eligible for any rebates, mail-in or otherwise, but it is different even from other reports in this thread.

Has anyone else who is currently under Sprint contract talked to them about this? What have they told you? I feel like no one really knows for sure what the official policy is on the rebates.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Alright, so I just talked to a representative online, and she's told me something different than anything I've heard yet. She said that I am over a year into my contract, I am eligible for the standard $75 off with a new contract that everyone gets. However, she also said that I am eligible for the $100 mail in rebate as well, but NOT the $100 instant rebate. This basically means that in the end I will get $175 off the full retail price, meaning I'll get it for $375. For me this is pretty good since I was originally told I wasn't eligible for any rebates, mail-in or otherwise, but it is different even from other reports in this thread.
    Based upon everything that I have researched you should pay about 275 that includes the 100 mail in rebate.
    600P, 700P, Current 800W
    Daughter Centro
    http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com...elief-minutes/ The ultimate smartphone!!!!!!
    Right, that would be the case if I were also eligible for the instant rebate, but the person I talked to online said that I was only eligible for the MIR. So yeah, I'm not really sure who to believe here.

I guess I should just go in prepared to pay full price, and then any discounts or rebates I get I will count as icing on the cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    Right, that would be the case if I were also eligible for the instant rebate, but the person I talked to online said that I was only eligible for the MIR. So yeah, I'm not really sure who to believe here.

I guess I should just go in prepared to pay full price, and then any discounts or rebates I get I will count as icing on the cake.
    That's precisely the position I'm taking. And if I do get some rebates that I'm not expecting, I'll probably go ahead and get a Touchstone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by mr dave is a nerd View Post
    I think we are getting confused here. What sprint is (or may be) saying is that you can't buy a pre without signing up for another 2 years, not that you can't buy one period. I am only 3 months into my contract, and I was just informed by Ecare (less than 8 hours ago) that I will be able to purchase one, with the MIR and the instant savings. Even without a $75 or $150 upgrade discount, the Pre would cost $349 for any sprint customer, as long as they are willing to sign up for a new contract. All they are saying is that you have to sign (or resign) the contract to get the phone, and will not allow off contract sales. sounds pretty reasonable to me, expecially in light of their exclusivity agreement.
    Zactly! Sheesh, people all up in arms, ready to man the torches and pitchforks, all because someone said that someone said that someone said...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Zactly! Sheesh, people all up in arms, ready to man the torches and pitchforks, all because someone said that someone said that someone said...
    that their mother's brother's father's cousin said...

that only certain stores would sell them... that, that...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123