Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am sure there are going to be huge lines at Sprint. The Sprint in my area opens at 10:00 a.m. on June 6 so I plan to get there at 5:00 a.m. Does anyone else think I am jumping the gun by getting there so early?
    If you got the time, I say do it!
    Nahhhhhhhhh. Hell, I'd go at 2:15 am and then sit and look until 10 am comes around. No biggie.

lol.
    I'll probably drive up there around 12am and see if anyone is waiting yet. If not, I'll be back at 5am, and camp it from then. I already am preparing a lot of TV shows on my zune for the wait.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I would start at 5pm on the 5th.
    Quote Originally Posted by milleniaus View Post
    I am sure there are going to be huge lines at Sprint. The Sprint in my area opens at 10:00 a.m. on June 6 so I plan to get there at 5:00 a.m. Does anyone else think I am jumping the gun by getting there so early?
    Wow. I've got an appointment scheduled for 9am (that was the earliest time offered on the website) for the 6th. I hope that means I can get in front of everyone there at my appointment time.
    Quote Originally Posted by milleniaus View Post
    With the lack of mainstream hype, I think you'll be all alone.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    im debating this as well. i want the phone on launch so im probably gonna camp over night at my sprint store. i did it for the iphone 3g but that was for profit. as a side note how many people do you think will buy one just to make a penny on? if there is a line im gonna see if i can stream it (from my blog) using qik
    I'm going to Best Buy to avoid the hassle of the mail-in-rebate. I just called them today to see how many phones they had on order. The answer was "only three"! Ahh...they open at 10am. I'm going to arrive around 8ish and hopefully nobody will be there. I'm a little worried, though.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    I'm honestly not sure.. I may head out at 3am.. i dont want to miss this... but I'm not in a big city area, so I may be able to get away w/ 5am at the latest.. I have such a long day sat that the lesser sleep i get, the worse my day is going to be. I have to set up for a concert/festival Sat that is held for thousands of people and be there all sat and all sunday... and I'll be camping so I'm not going to have a great night sleep
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcydon View Post
    Wow. I've got an appointment scheduled for 9am (that was the earliest time offered on the website) for the 6th. I hope that means I can get in front of everyone there at my appointment time.
    I think you are f'ed. sorry dude....I would call the store and ask, is the palm pre first come first served or do existing appointments count?

See what answer you get. I would get there early!
    Get there at 5 for an 8am opening sounds about what I'm going to do....
    \
    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    5-6am, I don't give a hot damn.. It's a saturday anyways, so who cares right? I will need to go into a store this coming week to see what they're doing, if anything on the night of the 5th, etc. They don't ever answer their phones. Not good at all IMO.
    Ha ha ha--the irony is stupendous! You would think that if you work at a phone store, you'd answer the phone!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Honestly I would be supirsed if there was much of a line unless everyone on this forum went to the same store. My local store said they get some calles but they dont see alot of people showing up. they will have like 100 phones so that should atleast last the whole day if not the weekend. I will show up at 7 and if theres more than 5 people on line I will be shocked UNLESS palm starts to advertise the freeakin phone. I still know no one who has a clue what the PRE is other than myself.
    My local store told me my chances are "about 1 in 2000" when I asked Saturday what my chances were of getting a Pre if I wanted one next weekend. They told me they had already heard of people who were going to be there early and if I really wanted one, I should definitely bring a lawn chair. WOW.
    the lines wont be THAT big I promise. My local sprint store said they should have 75-100 units. When I asked the average person about the Pre, they have ABSOLUTELY NO idea wtf I am talking about. I plan on going over to the store around 6:30AM. they open at 8. I highly doubt there will be 75+ people in line. I am lucky though, there are about 30 Sprint Stores, 3 Best Buys and a handful of radioshacks within a 20 miles radius of here.
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    the lines wont be THAT big I promise. My local sprint store said they should have 75-100 units. When I asked the average person about the Pre, they have ABSOLUTELY NO idea wtf I am talking about. I plan on going over to the store around 6:30AM. they open at 8. I highly doubt there will be 75+ people in line. I am lucky though, there are about 30 Sprint Stores, 3 Best Buys and a handful of radioshacks within a 20 miles radius of here.
    I hope you're right. I know I'm a dork but I'm kind of looking forward to this; I've never waited in line for a gadget before. I am thinking of going at around 6am.
    Realize, though, that the average person doesn't even consider camping for anything, let alone a phone. But I also agree that with such little hype outside our blogs/message boards, I don't think the lines will be anywhere near what we saw during the iPhone launch.
    I am going to stand in line and wave my hands to others. I will then think real hard and say "These are not the Pre's you are looking for!"

Problem solved! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I'm showing up at opening with my 2 boys (5 and 2). They sales reps will hurry for me! mwuahahaha!
    I see pandas.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast