Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    I was just messing with all of you. Of course, I will be in line about an hour before the Sprint store opens.

But, just for the giggles I really should do it and take pictures! Might make the wife mad though, which really is the motivation to do it in the first place.
    Yes, pictures would definitely be in order. Only an hour ahead of time? I'd think anyone willing to dress up as Spock would be more hardcore than that. 2 AM!
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I was a part of the Blackberry Storm release last November. I thought that there couldn't possibly be lines or THAT much interest in the Storm where I live (outside of Grand Rapids, MI). I show up for my apt. release morning (it was a weekday) and thankfully my rep hooked me up and held a phone for me because there was a full store by the time I got there and they only had maybe 12 phones. They sold out instantly. I feel like the Storm was hyped more than the Pre and the Storm crackberry forums had 10x as much traffic as any Pre forums I've been to.

If Sprint stores are going to have 75-100 phones, I don't think anyone has anything to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Sorry for being off-topic but you can't bring that up without posting the video:

Hulu: Full Video of Triumph at Star Wars Attack of the Clones Line (8:44sec)

OMG that is har-larious - I saw it circling around twitter a few weeks ago!

We'll bring it in topic: do you think Spock would carry a Pre? It's efficient AND logical!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    Yes, pictures would definitely be in order. Only an hour ahead of time? I'd think anyone willing to dress up as Spock would be more hardcore than that. 2 AM!
    Holy crap that would be HILARIOUS if someone dressed up as spock!!! That would DEFINITELY make the news. I would die laughing if someone dressed up as any Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek character
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    I was just messing with all of you. Of course, I will be in line about an hour before the Sprint store opens.

But, just for the giggles I really should do it and take pictures! Might make the wife mad though, which really is the motivation to do it in the first place.
    I got endorsement from hubby last night to wait in line for the Pre. (I conveniently left the time open.) He also thinks I'm nuts, but loves me anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Holy crap that would be HILARIOUS if someone dressed up as spock!!! That would DEFINITELY make the news. I would die laughing if someone dressed up as any Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek character
    Someone should have thought of this before the "What would you do for a Pre" contest!
    Quote Originally Posted by milleniaus View Post
    I am sure there are going to be huge lines at Sprint. The Sprint in my area opens at 10:00 a.m. on June 6 so I plan to get there at 5:00 a.m. Does anyone else think I am jumping the gun by getting there so early?
    Man your late, go right now hurry, cause someone is already ahead of you.
    What about dressing up like a Pre...black suit-like...green shirt with the dialpad silkscreened on it?

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    What about dressing up like a Pre...black suit-like...green shirt with the dialpad silkscreened on it?
    "They're coming to take (you) away, ha-ha, he-he, to the funny farm, where laughter's beautiful, all the time!!"
    well, looks like i will be getting to best buy to get in line at........ 10am... woot....
    the mobile manager at the local BB store came up to me today while i was shopping for music (being I'm a DJ I'm doing that alot in there), he was off work but wanted to let me know that he was holding a pre for me on sat. (but I'm the only one they were holding one for, i guess visiting the store every other day searching the music helps) as long as I'm there at 10am when they open (he can only keep it held for a short time that day)
    Quote Originally Posted by redbirdie View Post

We'll bring it in topic: do you think Spock would carry a Pre? It's efficient AND logical!
    Social networking is... illogical.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Ah, another Pre fan from Milwaukee. So far I only knew of one other person from Milwaukee that was crazy about this phone(my brother-in-law).

I have to say on the contrary that the store on HWY 100 said they are guessing they'll only have 20-30 phones and they've had a lot of interest so they expect there to be lines. They mentioned that they might have to do a numbering system or something to ensure that there aren't any issues with line jumpers and such.

I'm not really sure what to believe but I know I'll be showing up adequately early. I don't want to take any chances. Besides, I've got a book I'm reading so what's a few hours reading on a cold, concrete sidewalk versus reading on a warm, comfortable couch? Oh wait...

So Craig, I'm assuming you're planning on going to the Bayshore store?
    That one and maybe the one in Germantown by the Super Wal-Mart off of Appleton. I told my wife we'll check those mid-morning, and if it's sold out there both places, we'll just wait.

I am definitely not getting up THAT early and waiting in line...especially if you might wait in line that early and still leave with no Pre.

What's the other big store in the area? Other than the one off of Green Bay, in Brown Deer?
    I plan on getting there around 2am. Probably crazy but I want to get one. It's supposed to be rainy by me on Saturday so maybe that will work to my advantage. Who wants to wait in line for a phone when the weather sucks??? Other than me and the 1000's of members on this site...
    Any one in the St. Louis Area going to get one?

I have called several stores and I get the answer I do not know how many they are getting. I am also told to get there earlier. I have called non company Store's and they are telling me they will not have any, but can put me on a list to get one after it comes out, a "back order" list.

I am trying to find out if any one in the St. Louis area had any luck in the numbers stores may have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig S. View Post
    That one and maybe the one in Germantown by the Super Wal-Mart off of Appleton. I told my wife we'll check those mid-morning, and if it's sold out there both places, we'll just wait.

I am definitely not getting up THAT early and waiting in line...especially if you might wait in line that early and still leave with no Pre.

What's the other big store in the area? Other than the one off of Green Bay, in Brown Deer?
    The other one that they mentioned to me (besides the three you've mentioned) is in Greenfield on W Layton, but that's quite a ways south of where you'll be. That's the only other store I know of. I'll be trying out the store on Hwy 100 (108th) so if you end up south, I'll possibly see you there. My wife and sister-in-law are probably coming as well so we'll have a crew.
    View this Post

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...mer-email.html

What to do if you are going to Radio Shack/Best Buy for a Pre...

WAIT TILL AUGUST

What to do if you are going to a Sprint Store for the Pre

Friday, if you are a Premier customer get your email and bring it in to get your Pre. Limited qty available Friday night so go there as soon as possible to get your Pre.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    The other one that they mentioned to me (besides the three you've mentioned) is in Greenfield on W Layton, but that's quite a ways south of where you'll be. That's the only other store I know of. I'll be trying out the store on Hwy 100 (108th) so if you end up south, I'll possibly see you there. My wife and sister-in-law are probably coming as well so we'll have a crew.
    I call the one on National and Moorland in New Berlin. How about we each get a store?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I might go check out the store at 6am (2 hrs before opening to see if there's a line). I just don't want to line up that early especially here in SF when I might be mistaken for a homeless dude waiting for change at the sidewalk if I'm the only one in front of the store that early LOL.
    i may see you there!
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    I call the one on National and Moorland in New Berlin. How about we each get a store?
    Sounds good to me, there's plenty to go around.

Although if I don't get one at the Hwy 100 store, the New Berlin store isn't very far away...tempting, tempting indeed.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast