Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i'm with redbirdie, very much looking forward to getting one, and being off all those other crap mobile OSes of the past, and don't want to screw up my chances to get the device... i've never stood in line for a phone before either, but don't want to be caught in the short supply trap (like the friggin Wii)
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm not really worried about lines. Just show up maybe like an 1.5 hours before opening and sit in the car if no one else is there.
    You guys are nuts... You are really going to camp out 5+ hours for a cell phone?

I'll get there 15 minutes before opening, and I'll probably get one. If I don't, then I'll just head to the lake and hop on the boat--where I won't need a cell anyways.

If there are 'lines' then I will be VERY surprised.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    You guys are nuts... You are really going to camp out 5+ hours for a cell phone?

I'll get there 15 minutes before opening, and I'll probably get one. If I don't, then I'll just head to the lake and hop on the boat--where I won't need a cell anyways.

If there are 'lines' then I will be VERY surprised.
    Yeah that's what I think. I really don't think there are going to be any lines. At the very most, maybe 1 or 2 other people there. This phone does not have the media blitz that the iphone did last year.
    Havent decided where I want to buy from. I really want to get it from Best Buy but dont know how many phones they will have and wont open until 10am. More than likely ill just be standing in front of my Sprint store at 6am though. Im not eligible for an upgrade but my girl is and I wont be able to get the mail-in rebate once we swap the phone to my line.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ^Exactly. It will certaintly surprise me if there are any lines in the Milwaukee area. Sprint stores are not that busy anyway around here, the busiest one I've been to is the one on Port Washington by Bayshore...
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig S. View Post
    ^Exactly. It will certaintly surprise me if there are any lines in the Milwaukee area. Sprint stores are not that busy anyway around here, the busiest one I've been to is the one on Port Washington by Bayshore...
    My Sprint store tells me they have had "thousands" of calls... but that doesn't mean much. Everyone exaggerates.

Living in Austin, though, I am a tiny bit worried. I am sure Sprint will have appropriate stock for our area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig S. View Post
    Ah, another Pre fan from Milwaukee. So far I only knew of one other person from Milwaukee that was crazy about this phone(my brother-in-law).

I have to say on the contrary that the store on HWY 100 said they are guessing they'll only have 20-30 phones and they've had a lot of interest so they expect there to be lines. They mentioned that they might have to do a numbering system or something to ensure that there aren't any issues with line jumpers and such.

I'm not really sure what to believe but I know I'll be showing up adequately early. I don't want to take any chances. Besides, I've got a book I'm reading so what's a few hours reading on a cold, concrete sidewalk versus reading on a warm, comfortable couch? Oh wait...

So Craig, I'm assuming you're planning on going to the Bayshore store?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i live in the suburbs of chicago and i've asked both my sprints stores and best buy store how many people have been asking about the pre. they told me just me and maybe a couple other dudes. so i think i'm gonna check the line at 5pm, then midnite, then 6am on the 6th i'll be in line if not at the earlier mentioned times.
    ill drive by around midnight to see if anyone has lined up...ill probably go back around 4-5am and wait.
    I think I am going to wear my Spock Star Trek shirt and bring my toy lightsaber as I wait in line all night.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    I think I am going to wear my Spock Star Trek shirt and bring my toy lightsaber as I wait in line all night.
    If I didn't know better I'd think you were making fun people waiting in line...but since that's such an awesome idea it couldn't have been made in jest.

You're going to need something to protect yourself from all the people wanting to beat you up for waiting in line for a cell phone.

I would just lie and tell them there's some star trek convention going on in your head.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Due to the lack of advertisement, interest and inventory then I find this release to be almost impossible to gauge. Mix in the fact that SoCal can be so random with their gadget interest then this thing can range from being an overnight line or a 7AM line. My Best Buy says they'll have 9 phones with a limit 1 per customer per contract (even with a family plan) so Sprint looks like my only option to get one for both of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Due to the lack of advertisement, interest and inventory then I find this release to be almost impossible to gauge. Mix in the fact that SoCal can be so random with their gadget interest then this thing can range from being an overnight line or a 7AM line. My Best Buy says they'll have 9 phones with a limit 1 per customer per contract (even with a family plan) so Sprint looks like my only option to get one for both of us.
    I'm pretty sure one per contract would still allow you to get two. Each line on the account is considered a separate contract if I'm not mistaken.
    I might go check out the store at 6am (2 hrs before opening to see if there's a line). I just don't want to line up that early especially here in SF when I might be mistaken for a homeless dude waiting for change at the sidewalk if I'm the only one in front of the store that early LOL.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Sorry for being off-topic but you can't bring that up without posting the video:

Hulu: Full Video of Triumph at Star Wars Attack of the Clones Line (8:44sec)
    Just back from my Sprint store to get some confirming details. My name is STILL on the list when I called last Monday. I ended talking to the same Rep that I did then. SHe stated that I am 5th on the "notification" list...it's not a "your's" list. I say 5am...and wait in the car till someone else pulls up...who will probably be store employees. LOL

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    If I didn't know better I'd think you were making fun people waiting in line...but since that's such an awesome idea it couldn't have been made in jest.

I was just messing with all of you. Of course, I will be in line about an hour before the Sprint store opens.

But, just for the giggles I really should do it and take pictures! Might make the wife mad though, which really is the motivation to do it in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Yeah I'm not really worried about lines. Just show up maybe like an 1.5 hours before opening and sit in the car if no one else is there.
    Exactly my plan and that's only because I'll be awake that early anyway. I'll be surprised if there are more than 5-people in line. With 28 ReadyNow stores within a 20-mi radius of my house, I can't imagine there being a problem getting a Pre on Saturday.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast